No Halloween next year???

Started by littlemermaid83, November 08, 2011, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Just been informed by 2 Cast Members that there will be no Halloween in the park next year due to the 20th anniversary.

However they will keep the Halloween Soriee and Terrorfic nights but no MNNSHP.

Just wondering how everyone felt about no Halloween in DLP next year?

I personally am hoping they at least reuse the decorations they had this year and still keep the villians out so we at least have something.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Like I said earlier I think they will reuse decorations, namely the pumpkins. I believe it's the entertainment dept that were told no Halloween which would mean no shows, but I think the decorations will remain. I also expect to see the characters as normal. That would mean losing the Mickey's Treat in the Street and Maleficious show but if they are replaced by 20th Anniversary stuff then I don't think people will be losing a great deal.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Kristof

And remember there won't be a stage on Central Plaza anymore by then.

kelly.dylan

They can't scrap Halloween altogether, can they? Sure they will still have the villains out and the odd pumpkin here and there like this halloween! No MNSSHP is a shame though, we didn't get the same halloween feeling this year as last but at least we had MNSSHP!! Kyra wont be impressed, you'll have to convince her Christmas is the new Halloween x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

littlemermaid83

This is what I'm hoping, we can live with no show. But what about Treat in the Street, surely they could do that again unless the Castle stage is being used for something else we don't know about as of yet.

To take away the decorations and the villians would be a big shame. Have any other Disney parks not celebrated Halloween at all?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

captain rocket

With the excception of the two shows, this years offering was a disaster, and I would be quite happy for them to drop halloween next year and concentrate on the 20th, Maybe Halloween could retrun 2013 stronger and better ( hard to think it could be worse!)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "captain rocket"With the excception of the two shows, this years offering was a disaster, and I would be quite happy for them to drop halloween next year and concentrate on the 20th, Maybe Halloween could retrun 2013 stronger and better ( hard to think it could be worse!)

I had no problem with what was offered this year, but to have no Halloween at all in the park I feel could be disasterious.

Are they just going to act like halloween doesn't exist?

lubynoo

BOOOO!!!!! We ALWAYS go for halloween and up until recently DLRP did it so well. My son adores MNSSHP I am so disappointed by this year and then to not have it at all next year? What a let down. Is there to be no show at all for the 20th due to the lack of stage or will the castle stage be used? I know the projection thing is coming and it was amazing when we saw the preview butttttt I like to see a character show!!!!

Does this mean they are cancelling christmas too?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"BOOOO!!!!! We ALWAYS go for halloween and up until recently DLRP did it so well. My son adores MNSSHP I am so disappointed by this year and then to not have it at all next year? What a let down. Is there to be no show at all for the 20th due to the lack of stage or will the castle stage be used? I know the projection thing is coming and it was amazing when we saw the preview butttttt I like to see a character show!!!!

Does this mean they are cancelling christmas too?

Entertainment has said no to shows for Halloween apparently. How can they do a hub show with no hub?

I'm now stuck over what to do, do I book for Halloween and hope for at least something. Or do I not and then be gutted if they do put something together. Nightmare.

lubynoo

I know me too! My son's birthday is in October so Halloween is always the obvious choice for him. We do love christmas too so maybe we will have to do that. Can't they adapt the hub show?! Use a different stage. I know in a perfect world with LOADS of budget they could have a hub type stage that retracts into the ground and then comes out when needed. Unfortunately it isn't a perfect world :(. I will miss no shows if that is what it leads too surely they can't abandon shows completely some one must have thought about it?

How reliable is your source is it for sure not going to be halloween? And MNSSHP?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"I know me too! My son's birthday is in October so Halloween is always the obvious choice for him. We do love christmas too so maybe we will have to do that. Can't they adapt the hub show?! Use a different stage. I know in a perfect world with LOADS of budget they could have a hub type stage that retracts into the ground and then comes out when needed. Unfortunately it isn't a perfect world :(. I will miss no shows if that is what it leads too surely they can't abandon shows completely some one must have thought about it?

How reliable is your source is it for sure not going to be halloween? And MNSSHP?

They are very reliable. I only asked him today about Halloween because another CM told me that the Entertainment dept are not doing any shows for Halloween as I commented about no MNNSHP.  I asked him and he said it was true because the whole of next years theme is about the 20th anniversary.

However......I do not know if this meant no decorations etc but they said all money has been spent on the 20th and the castle fountain show. But from the gist of it no Halloween shows and no Mnnshp.

lubynoo

blugh :( wish it wasn't true but it really seems to be so. Does it mean that christmas won't be happening either or just halloween. Can they not have villains etc and incorporate it into halloween. I think halloween will be really missed because it is popular!!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"blugh :( wish it wasn't true but it really seems to be so. Does it mean that christmas won't be happening either or just halloween. Can they not have villains etc and incorporate it into halloween. I think halloween will be really missed because it is popular!!

I can't see them cancelling Christmas, they have to keep it because I'm planning a 2 day trip next year for then and I want to see Santa haha.

lubynoo

haha they had better listen then!! Your daughter needs a chance to show off her array of costumes as well!! I hope this 20th is worth it losing halloween needs to have something amazing to make up for losing it. Surely they will lose money from not having the MNSSHP though? It is an extra ticketed even and must bring in a fair amount over the four nights.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"haha they had better listen then!! Your daughter needs a chance to show off her array of costumes as well!! I hope this 20th is worth it losing halloween needs to have something amazing to make up for losing it. Surely they will lose money from not having the MNSSHP though? It is an extra ticketed even and must bring in a fair amount over the four nights.

I don't think it made much money this year hence scrapping it for this year. My Daughter will be more upset if she doesn't see Dr Facilier. If Halloween is not really going to get off the ground and happen this year I'm scared about breaking the news to her. She got a birthday card from Dr Facilier and Peter Pan today so she was far to happy for me to discuss the chance of not seeing him next year.