No Halloween next year???

Started by littlemermaid83, November 08, 2011, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "lubynoo"haha they had better listen then!! Your daughter needs a chance to show off her array of costumes as well!! I hope this 20th is worth it losing halloween needs to have something amazing to make up for losing it. Surely they will lose money from not having the MNSSHP though? It is an extra ticketed even and must bring in a fair amount over the four nights.

I don't think it made much money this year hence scrapping it for next year. My Daughter will be more upset if she doesn't see Dr Facilier. If Halloween is not really going to get off the ground and happen this year I'm scared about breaking the news to her. She got a birthday card from Dr Facilier and Peter Pan today so she was far to happy for me to discuss the chance of not seeing him next year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ulak

Halloween don't exist in our country. I will glad if all money has been spent on the 20th and the castle fountain show and all that thing to the 20th anniversary. Make it BIG, please!  [-o<
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

lubynoo

Quote from: "lubynoo"haha they had better listen then!! Your daughter needs a chance to show off her array of costumes as well!! I hope this 20th is worth it losing halloween needs to have something amazing to make up for losing it. Surely they will lose money from not having the MNSSHP though? It is an extra ticketed even and must bring in a fair amount over the four nights.

I don't think it made much money this year hence scrapping it for next year. My Daughter will be more upset if she doesn't see Dr Facilier. If Halloween is not really going to get off the ground and happen this year I'm scared about breaking the news to her. She got a birthday card from Dr Facilier and Peter Pan today so she was far to happy for me to discuss the chance of not seeing him next year.

Oh no!! Bless her aww she will be so upset. Hopefully he will still be around he is a popular character I think they should have some more villains all the time and not just for halloween.

I'm surprised MNSSHP didn't make as much money because it seemed busier this year.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "ulak"Halloween don't exist in our country. I will glad if all money has been spent on the 20th and the castle fountain show and all that thing to the 20th anniversary. Make it BIG, please!  [-o<

I have no problem that the money is spent on the 20th but to not have anything not even a decoration to celebrate Halloween is just a bit odd imo.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

I just picked up the brochure and it says Halloween is 1st October to 4th November next year. I'm now guessing it will be even more scaled back than last year. But oh well, least its happening and hasnt been cancelled altogether.

captain rocket

Just to clarify for anyone without a brochure, here's what they say about Halloween next year.
"Disney's Halloween festival
1st October-4th November 2012
Find glowing smiles for all your little ghouls
and boys among the mischevious pranks of
Mickey and friends. Meet and greet Disney
characters and villains in the festival filled with
scarily good fun"
"Disney's Halloween party
31st October 2012
The eeriest night of the year is especially
spooky with a spirited programme for families
and friends"
Price is shown later in the brochure as 30 pounds

lubynoo

wow, that sounds reallly lacking. Considering the hype they built up this year with their synopsis and it wasn't at all what it was meant to be with an introduction like that it sounds like it will be really lacking. Still sounds like they are having villains. I am tempted by the big halloween party but the amount of people scares me!! I go during school time so there are less crowds which is why I liked mnsshp :(. Still I will have to go for Christmas instead. When will the broacher be online? Does anyone know.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"wow, that sounds reallly lacking. Considering the hype they built up this year with their synopsis and it wasn't at all what it was meant to be with an introduction like that it sounds like it will be really lacking. Still sounds like they are having villains. I am tempted by the big halloween party but the amount of people scares me!! I go during school time so there are less crowds which is why I liked mnsshp :(. Still I will have to go for Christmas instead. When will the broacher be online? Does anyone know.

We are still going for Halloween, 12 nights lol So I hope we see at least one villan during that time.

lubynoo

lol for 12 nights I hope you get more then one villain!!!!!!!! Aww at least your daughter should get to see them and it will make her time more special. Are you going to go for the halloween party as apposed to mnsshp then?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"lol for 12 nights I hope you get more then one villain!!!!!!!! Aww at least your daughter should get to see them and it will make her time more special. Are you going to go for the halloween party as apposed to mnsshp then?

No I refuse to go during half term, so we are going the first 2 weeks of October. The Halloween party for me looks like a night where adults dress up and show off there costumes from photos that I have seen lol.

lubynoo

haha. I did like the projections on the castle this year though I have seen a few videos from the night this year and the show looked nice. I am so going to miss MNSSHP though!! I just don't think I can go in October because I also refuse to do half term and I really LOVE halloween so to see them just not have it properly would be really disappointing!! Might wait a while and see what happens, see if any more news is released. It seems a shame when they put two new shows on this year and got the pumpkin for the treat in the street show.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"haha. I did like the projections on the castle this year though I have seen a few videos from the night this year and the show looked nice. I am so going to miss MNSSHP though!! I just don't think I can go in October because I also refuse to do half term and I really LOVE halloween so to see them just not have it properly would be really disappointing!! Might wait a while and see what happens, see if any more news is released. It seems a shame when they put two new shows on this year and got the pumpkin for the treat in the street show.

With the castle stage gone I don't even think there will be a main show for the main Halloween party.

lubynoo

oh yeh I didn't think about that!! Something has to be done I can't live my life without Disney showssssssss!!!!! I need some ind of show with characters that and the parades make my time there so much more special :(

captain rocket

Maybe when the hub stage has gone they could try something really radical and use the Chaparall theatre for the unheard of purpose of a show that is'nt Tarzan or Mickeys Winter wonderland!!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "captain rocket"Maybe when the hub stage has gone they could try something really radical and use the Chaparall theatre for the unheard of purpose of a show that is'nt Tarzan or Mickeys Winter wonderland!!

That sounds like a good idea, but I'm pretty sure during October it is used by EPC for rehearsals for MWW.