Storms hit Disneyland Resort Paris

Started by Patrick, December 08, 2006, 06:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Guests were evacuated from the park at 2pm through the backstage areas taking them directly to the Disneyland Park via the cast members entrances.

at least that would have been an unusual experience for some of the guests.  Doubt they would have seen much though?

Maarten

I'm so sorry to hear about these damages at the Studios. Hopefully everything will be restored as soon as possible. The only damaged object I can't feel sorry about is the Cars poster, haha... hopefully they will take up the hint...  :)

Anthony

Thanks for the info, Poppy and thebatman! :)

The construction fences will be fixed, the Christmas lights aren't too much of a problem, but it's a shame the posters on the lighting rigs were damaged.  They can't have been fastened very well.  I can't think of a better place to be locked inside than Disney Studio 1 though, lucky people! :P

The posters on the sides of Studio 1 survived, I take it?  And things like the Chicken Little photolocation? :lol:

mehdi5

I think the things at the tower of terror would only take a day or less to repair

Masamune

:( Aww, that must've sucked for people who were only visiting for that one day...

Aaron

Found this picture on Dlrp.fr:

Poppy The Monkey

Some of my pictures...

Most of the hanging decorations have been fixed - one remains hanging and the gates are boarded off.

Most of the movie posters were blown off over Thursday and Friday

The Nemo Poster has gone, not suprising they were mainly held on by velcro.

The Tower of Terror construction fences are now fixed - but a bit mix-matched in colour sceme.

The Star Light Effect from Studio 1 nearly fell on guests.

Animation Courtyard Constuction Fences blew down.

But this did leave a clear view of the newly planted trees.

I'll post some evacuation pics in a little while.

Anthony

Brilliant photos, thanks. :)

The new trees look great... the movie posters don't.  I wonder if they'll replace them all or not bother?  I must be annoying for whoever worked on that project to have it ruined within a year.

It's interesting that the Tower fences now cover the Armadillo?  And I'm impressed the ToT billboard is in one piece!  They're definitely not tight on the ToT's budget.

QuoteThe Star Light Effect from Studio 1 nearly fell on guests.
That reminds me of when you get your Christmas lights out of their boxes this time of year, only to find they're all tangled up.  Only a really really bad nightmare version! :lol:

Miss Tinkerbell

what the...were those people waiting to go into the studio's on that first pic??

Poppy The Monkey

Yes the parks are very very busy at the moment.

I've got some pics to show some of the queues which I will put up in another thread in a bit.

geomelin

And how is the weather at the moment?

Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"All you could ride RNRC etc.

That would have been heaven for me!  :P

Miss Tinkerbell

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Yes the parks are very very busy at the moment.

I've got some pics to show some of the queues which I will put up in another thread in a bit.

Thanks Poppy looking forward to that

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "geomelin"And how is the weather at the moment?

The weather is changeable, last week it was mixed with sunshine and showers - but got much worse at the end of the week of course. Saturday was a really nice and sunny day - hardly a cloud in the sky, Sunday was showery and today was cloudy but not too bad.

Overall though it is always rather cold at the moment.

Poppy The Monkey

Here are finally some photos of the evacuation of about 6,000 guests from the Walt Disney Studios...

Guests are guided to the Front Lot after spending over 1 hour locked in various Walt Disney Studios Attractions.

The Backstage gates are opened allowing guests to leave the Studios towards the Disneyland Park

Not the most magical Disney experience...

Staff from Studio Services are re-located to the evacutation route to guide the confused and increasingly frustrated guests

A Castmemberland In-Joke

The storm was quick to pass and even the sun made an appearance later in the afternoon.