Been there.. done that!

Started by _Natalie_x, August 04, 2011, 03:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneylandparisgirl

1. Have you ridden both Space Mountain de la terre au la Lune and Mission 2?
Yes de la terre au la lune was my first ever rollercoaster when I need a laugh I look at that pic!
2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than 4 times in one day?
Yes when my sister was very little she really loved it!
3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or hair cut in Main Street?
No my dad wouldn't pay for it and none of the rest of us require their service!
4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street?
Party phone line?
5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
No :(
6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing?
Yes as often as we can ;)
7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park?
Yes the ones near frontierland entrance by the waterfalls
8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz?
No just broke into the 90,000's i need more practice
9. Have you cried during Cinemagique?
No not seen it top of the list this year (will take them with me)
10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel?
Yes Every day  :thumbs:

5 Yes 5 No
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

Martin B

1. Have you visited DLP 10 or more times? No
2. Do you collect pins? Yes
3. Have you ever met a CM one visit, then found them again on another visit? No
4. Have you ever been on Pirates of the Caribbean ride more than 4 times in one day? No
5. Have you ever met someone from a Disney forum in the park? No
6. Have you ever helped someone find a hidden mickey? Yes
7. Have you ever been to Mickeys not so scary Halloween party?  Going this year..
8. Do you usually wear ears/ a hat when in the parks? Yes
9. Have you ever taken part (been an actor etc) in Lights, Motors, Action, the WDS stunt show? No
10. Have you ever ran through the park to find a character? Yes

Yes = 4.5   No =5.5

I'm obviously not as hardcore as some of you others!  8)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

davewasbaloo

No clear winner on my round yet (winner doesn't stay on IMHO even if with the highest score), I may have to draw straws if no one chimes in later today. There are a couple of folks with a 5/5 score.
since 2001 (many before that)

15MagicalYears

1. Have you ridden both Space Mountain de la terre au la Lune and Mission 2?
No, sadly. Would love to see the resturn of the original though.
2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than 4 times in one day?
Yes, it's one of my favourite attractions!
3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or hair cut in Main Street?
Nope.
4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street?
Yes!
5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
Nope, although I do love the show.
6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing?
I have, yes.
7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park?
In Town Square, near CityHall. They're always so quiet and clean.
8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz?
No, been close before though!
9. Have you cried during Cinemagique?
I have, first time I saw it.
10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel?
No.

nicoledlrp

1. Have you ridden both Space Mountain de la terre au la Lune and Mission 2? yes, but not sure why
2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than 4 times in one day? yes
3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or hair cut in Main Street. no
4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street? no
5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show? yes, little one has.
6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing. yes
7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park? yes, videopolis
8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz. no, only in my dreams
9. Have you cried during Cinemagique? yes, everytime
10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel? yes, i have, and filled juice bottles, and taken stuff back to the fridge in the movenpick for  an evening snack !!

7 yeses,  3 nos

CafeFantasia

Q1. Have you ridden both Space Mountain De la Terre à la Lune and Mission 2?
A1. Yes I have. De la Terre à la Lune was magical, but Mission 2 isn't.

Q2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than four times in one day?
A2. No, once is enough thank you.

Q3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or haircut in Main Street, U.S.A.?
A3. No. I've never understood why anyone would go to a theme park for a haircut.

Q4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street, U.S.A.?
A4. No. I don't actually know which shop they're located in.

Q5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
A5. I've never seen Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

Q6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing?
A6. Yes.

Q7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park?
A7. I do actually. The toilets tucked away between the entrances of Frontierland and Adventureland are great.

Q8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast?
A8. Not in Paris, but I have in Orlando.

Q9. Have you cried during CinéMagique?
A9. Nope.

Q10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel?
A10. Never, I'm not that greedy.

YES. 3
NO. 7

davewasbaloo

We have a winner - Nicoledlrp, your turn...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Alan"Q3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or haircut in Main Street, U.S.A.?
A3. No. I've never understood why anyone would go to a theme park for a haircut.

Q4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street, U.S.A.?
A4. No. I don't actually know which shop they're located in.

Q5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?
A5. I've never seen Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

Lol Alan.

3. The straight razor shave old fashion style is a very different experience for me. Also, it was awesome when the Dapper Dan's Barbershop Quartet would sing while you were in the chair!

4. I cannot remember all the locations, but certainly there is one in the Photography shop, the Barber Shop and I think the Cablecar Bakeshop if I recall.

5. Get to BBWWS, it is one of the very best things Disney has created anywhere!!!

Josh

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"3. The straight razor shave old fashion style is a very different experience for me. Also, it was awesome when the Dapper Dan's Barbershop Quartet would sing while you were in the chair!
How do they do the haircuts, Dave? Are you only able to get ones from that period? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

davewasbaloo

Lol, I am not sure. I did have a haircut with clippers, but then again, I am bald on top ;-)

I know the one at WDW is more fun. My daughter got her very first haircut there (they were brill with kids) and got a special pair of mouse ears. and my sone had Green Mickey Mouses put into his hair with pixie dust. But they do not do those kinds of haircuts in DLP sadly.

CafeFantasia

@davewasbaloo

I just find it odd that someone would go to a theme park without having had their hair cut first. I mean, holidays are supposed to be special events, things you make an effort for. If you're planning to go on holiday, you're probably going to get your hair cut before you go, not during your holiday. But maybe there's a certain market, a certain demographic, that go to Disneyland Paris purely to get their hair cut! They're there at 10:00am, but instead of heading to Space Mountain they go straight to Dapper Dan's!

I've avoided seeing Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show because thematically the show doesn't appeal to me. I just don't find Wild West stuff interesting. Plus, I'm not too keen on the idea of large animals being penned up all day, and only being let out to entertain people. Plus, if the show really is so good, I don't want to be distracted by a waiter and food while I'm trying to focus on it.

davewasbaloo

Some people book into spa sessions and have their nails and hair done in resorts in the Med or Vegas, I don't see this much diffently really. My daughter's first hair cut was a driver for when we timed our trip to WDW. And when I used to make use of the barber shop, it was back in the days when we were there every 6-8 weeks (pre kids). Best time is about 4pm in the summer. Nothing beats a 3 course meal with an apperetif and bottle of wine at either Walt's or the Silver Spur followed by a shave and a hair cut. Fantastic! One of the reasons why Disney is the best (or used to be) is because there were so many layers to the experience.

As for BBWWS, the animals are not locked up all day, they have huge paddocks out by the Ranch. But I can understand the theme not appealing. After all, I am not a huge fan of Fantasyland. so I can totally get that.

jackieann

. Have you ridden both Space Mountain de la terre au la Lune and Mission 2? to fast for me
2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than 4 times in one day? No,
3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or hair cut in Main Street?no
4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street? Yeah
5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?no, not seen the show yet really want to tho
6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing?no
7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park? Ones near star tours, cos you can wait inside for people in the winter.
8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz?No
9. Have you cried during Cinemagique?no
10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel? Yep, can't afford the Disney park prices for food, they expect it now don't they??

nicoledlrp

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"We have a winner - Nicoledlrp, your turn...
running out of good questions ideas, was going to pick the fav toilet one if i was the winner but got beaten to it !!
ok here goes...
Q1.have you stayed in all of the resort hotels ?
Q2.have you stayed in all of the val de france hotels ?
Q3.have you eaten in all of the park restaurants ?
Q4.have you eaten in all of the disney village restaurants ?
Q5.do you have any strange rituals you perform in the park ?!!
Q6.do you often wear disney themed clothes in the park ?
Q7.do you have a ride that you always head straight to on your first day ?
Q8.do you have a certain "must have" spot you watch the parade from ?
Q9.have you or your family been chosen to interact on the parade route ?
Q10. have you ridden on every ride in both parks ?

davewasbaloo

Q1.have you stayed in all of the resort hotels ? Yes - DLH x 4, HNY x 8, NBC x 3, SL x 6, Cheyenne x 1, SF x 2, DCR x 1
Q2.have you stayed in all of the val de france hotels ? Yes - Explorer's Club x 1, Dreamcastle x 1, Magic Circus x 5 (when it was a Holiday Inn), Kyriad x 1, Radisson SAS x 1, Marriott Vacation Club x 6
Q3.have you eaten in all of the park restaurants ? Yes
Q4.have you eaten in all of the disney village restaurants ? No - I have yet to try Earl of Sandwich
Q5.do you have any strange rituals you perform in the park ?!! Yes - must dine in the Silver Spur either the first or last day of the trip, and Annette's on the other. Always kiss my wife as we go under the train station. Always stick a coin on the globe of Small World Fountain.
Q6.do you often wear disney themed clothes in the park ? Yes - at one time, I had no casual clothes unless they had Disney on them.
Q7.do you have a ride that you always head straight to on your first day ? Yes, Phantom Manor or Pirates of the Caribbean
Q8.do you have a certain "must have" spot you watch the parade from ? No - I have about 4, unless you count Fantillusion, then Yes 0.5?
Q9.have you or your family been chosen to interact on the parade route ? Yes
Q10. have you ridden on every ride in both parks ? NO!!!!!  Grrrrrr, if I fit on that stupid RC Racer, then the answer would be yes, but I am too big. Before that horrid Toy Story Playland was built, then the answer was yes - having been on every attraction that has ever been at DLP including the canoes, visionarium, the pirrouettes de moulan etc.

Yes - 7.5 No - 2.5 (would have been 9.5 yeses before stupid TSPL opened).