Been there.. done that!

Started by _Natalie_x, August 04, 2011, 03:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Hi guys,

Got back from the Netherlands yesterday and have tonsillitus, so yesterday was spent largely sleeping. Thought I would jump back on the games (by the way, if you think Fantasyland is magical, I urge you to skip a trip to DLP and try Efteling in the Netherlands. While not Disney, it has it's own magic - I will do photos and a trip report if people are interested). Back on topic:

1. Have you ever visted on your own - Not fully, I have spent 5 hours in the park by myself when the little ones were babies and my wife was tired. 0.5?
2. Have you had a character meal - yes, several
3. Have you had a character meal.......without children! - yes, several (my wife used to like them).
4. Have you ever been evacuated from a ride - yes, Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Do you have a favourate restaurant table - Yes, California Grill - left corner window seat, Steakhouse - middle booth looking towards the bar area, Silver Spur - next to the show kitchen, middle table and Annettes, the last booth on the right hand side near the toilets.
6. Have you ever queued for more than 2 hours for a ride - Yes - Tower of Terror when it first opened, Space Mountain when it first opened.
7. Have you ever thrown up after a ride and if so which one - No
8. Have you ever been in the Phantom Manor stretch room when someone has passed wind - I don't think so
9. Have you ever queued for a ride and then chickened out at the last minute - No
10. Have you ever spent over 300 Euros on merchandise in one day - Yes, a few times, back when they had stuff worth buying (like our china).

Yes - 6.5 No 3.5
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

1. Do you know most of the shortcuts around the park? Yes
2. Have you ever swam in a Disney Hotel pool? Yes, all of them. I find it amazing that the most expensive hotel has the worst pool (DLH) and yet the Sequoia and Davy Crockett are the cheapest options and have the best pool).
3. Have you ever been on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve? No, and never plan to, too crowded.
4. Have you ever used the services of a different Disney Hotel to the one that you were staying in? Yes - if bars, restaurants and shops count.
5. Have you ever seen the Statue of Liberty Tableau behind the curtains in the Liberty Arcade? Yes - we make it a point to stop by every trip.
6. Have you ever been to the Val d'Europe Shopping Centre? Yes, again, we go most trips, at least to the Auchan or for dinner at one of the many excellent restaurants.
7. Do you usually take more than 100 photos per day in the resort? Yes, even these days...
8. Have you ever stood in front of the large industrial fan behind Armageddon? Yes, All the time
9. Have you ever been on one of the boats at Lake Disney? Yes
10. Did you ever do "Good Morning Fantasyland" before it was replaced by the Extra Magic Hours? Yes, as well as the proper EMH in the early years when THE WHOLE PARK used to be open to hotel guests.

Yes = 9, No = 1

_Natalie_x

i like how at the same time of this being a game.. its also giving me a wonderful check list for next time i hit dlp ;) :D davewasbaloo. i WILL beat you one day!!! :p (not psysically)  8)
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Martin B

1. Do you know most of the shortcuts around the park? No, but quite a few of them
2. Have you ever swam in a Disney Hotel pool? Nope, never. There isn't enough time!
3. Have you ever been on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve? Yes, Christmas Day!! Magical indeed! Going for my birthday this year which will be equally as good!  (Halloween)
4. Have you ever used the services of a different Disney Hotel to the one that you were staying in? No, but I would if I needed to.
5. Have you ever seen the Statue of Liberty Tableau behind the curtains in the Liberty Arcade? No
6. Have you ever been to the Val d'Europe Shopping Centre? No, there isn't enough time in the day!
7. Do you usually take more than 100 photos per day in the resort? To infinity and beyond! Of course I do!
8. Have you ever stood in front of the large industrial fan behind Armageddon? No. Haven't been  on that ride in years!
9. Have you ever been on one of the boats at Lake Disney? Nope. Next year though. We have a romantic trip planned.
10. Did you ever do "Good Morning Fantasyland" before it was replaced by the Extra Magic Hours? No.
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

davewasbaloo

My turn then?

1. Has seen Buffalo Bill's more than once?
2. Has seen Crescend'O, the old aquatic circus?
3. Has been to the bon fire celebrations?
4. Know's where to find Flower Street and Edison Street?
5. Know's where the secret entrance is to the Dragon's cave?
6. Know's where to find the largest golden nugget pulled out of Big Thunder Mountain?
7. Has sat on the skull throne?
8. Has sat in on a drawing workshop?
9. Has designed their own Cyber Space Mountain?
10. Has a preferred queue to get into - left or right?

Martin B

1. Has seen Buffalo Bill's more than once? Yes, three times!
2. Has seen Crescend'O, the old aquatic circus? No, affraid not!
3. Has been to the bon fire celebrations? Nope.
4. Know's where to find Flower Street and Edison Street? Nope.
5. Know's where the secret entrance is to the Dragon's cave? Nope.
6. Know's where to find the largest golden nugget pulled out of Big Thunder Mountain? Nope.
7. Has sat on the skull throne? Nope.
8. Has sat in on a drawing workshop? Nope.
9. Has designed their own Cyber Space Mountain? Nope.
10. Has a preferred queue to get into - left or right? Nope.

Darn, not a good round!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

AislingM

1. Have you visited DLP 10 or more times? Yep
2. Do you collect pins?   Not seriously, but Il buy particular ones I like
3. Have you ever met a CM one visit, then found them again on another visit?  One guy who used to always be on Indiana Jones , then in January 2010 he was on Rock`N`Roller
4. Have you ever been on Pirates of the Caribbean ride more than 4 times in one day?  Yeah its a good way to keep warm in January!  
5. Have you ever met someone from a Disney forum in the park? No but I think it would be cool to do
6. Have you ever helped someone find a hidden mickey?  Yes
7. Have you ever been to Mickeys not so scary Halloween party? Ive been at Halloween.... but not to the party
8. Do you usually wear ears/ a hat when in the parks? Always wear my Minnie Ears for the first few hours of the days until they start to give me a headache!
9. Have you ever taken part (been an actor etc) in Lights, Motors, Action, the WDS stunt show? No
10. Have you ever ran through the park to find a character? I ran after Tweedledum because he stole my Minnie Ears!

1. Have you ridden both Space Mountain de la terre au la Lune and Mission 2? Yeah , think I preferred the old version though.
2. Have you ever ridden It's a Small World more than 4 times in one day? No... once a day is enough for that one!
3. Have you or a family member had a shave and or hair cut in Main Street? No.
4. Have you used the party phone lines in Main Street?  no..... what are they?
5. Have you been selected to shoot in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show? Have never done Buffallo Bill
6. Have you been in the parks before rope drop and left after closing? Yes what else would you be doing?
7. Do you have a preferred toilet in the park? The ones in the discovery arcarde in Main st... always empty!
8. Have you ever scored 999,999 on Buzz? No
9. Have you cried during Cinemagique? Keep missing that show!Will do it on my next trip. so No
10. Have you made a lunch from the buffet breakfast items in the hotel? Yes but ended up buying a lunch anyway
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

SwipatronSparks

1. Do you know most of the shortcuts around the park?
Erm yeh i think so....
2. Have you ever swam in a Disney Hotel pool?
yes been in the sequoia and he new port bay club.... And if it counts i have been in the explorers as well
3. Have you ever been on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve?
no but i would love to go for christmas  
4. Have you ever used the services of a different Disney Hotel to the one that you were staying in?
had a meal in the new york....
5. Have you ever seen the Statue of Liberty Tableau behind the curtains in the Liberty Arcade?
yep
6. Have you ever been to the Val d'Europe Shopping Centre?
cant say i have
7. Do you usually take more than 100 photos per day in the resort?
not oer day no....
8. Have you ever stood in front of the large industrial fan behind Armageddon?
yep
9. Have you ever been on one of the boats at Lake Disney?
no
10. Did you ever do "Good Morning Fantasyland" before it was replaced by the Extra Magic Hours?
yep, ever day for 7 trips to disney did we use the good morning fantasyland.... They had stoped it by our 8th trip (jan this year)

Yes 7 no 3
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Tinker Bell

1. Have you visited DLP 10 or more times? Yes 24th Time This Year!!
2. Do you collect pins? No, But Think I Am Going To Start!!
3. Have you ever met a CM one visit, then found them again on another visit?
4. Have you ever been on Pirates of the Caribbean ride more than 4 times in one day? Yes Sure Have My Cousins Favorite!!
5. Have you ever met someone from a Disney forum in the park? No!!
6. Have you ever helped someone find a hidden mickey? No!!
7. Have you ever been to Mickeys not so scary Halloween party? Yes!!
8. Do you usually wear ears/ a hat when in the parks? Yes!!
9. Have you ever taken part (been an actor etc) in Lights, Motors, Action, the WDS stunt show? Yes, Stunt Show!!
10. Have you ever ran through the park to find a character? Yes Sure Have More Than Once!!

never2old

1. Has seen Buffalo Bill's more than once? No, just the once.
2. Has seen Crescend'O, the old aquatic circus? No, I missed it
3. Has been to the bon fire celebrations? Yes, once, last year!
4. Know's where to find Flower Street and Edison Street? Yes
5. Know's where the secret entrance is to the Dragon's cave? I know ALL the entrances to the cave!
6. Know's where to find the largest golden nugget pulled out of Big Thunder Mountain? Yes
7. Has sat on the skull throne? No, I'm still looking for it!!
8. Has sat in on a drawing workshop? No, it's always closed when I'm there.
9. Has designed their own Cyber Space Mountain? No, there was always too much of a queue...
10. Has a preferred queue to get into - left or right? Not really!

4 Yes and 6 No... Not doing very well!

SwipatronSparks

1. Has seen Buffalo Bill's more than once?
yep
2. Has seen Crescend'O, the old aquatic circus?
no
3. Has been to the bon fire celebrations?
yeh i have
4. Know's where to find Flower Street and Edison Street?
yes
5. Know's where the secret entrance is to the Dragon's cave?
yes
6. Know's where to find the largest golden nugget pulled out of Big Thunder Mountain?
erm yeah i think
7. Has sat on the skull throne?
nope not yet
8. Has sat in on a drawing workshop?
no
9. Has designed their own Cyber Space Mountain?
yes i believe i have
10. Has a preferred queue to get into
the right... We tend to use the right one more often than the left

Yes 7
no 3
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....