Disneyland Park refurbishments

Started by dagobert, May 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulak

Yes, Phantom Manor and Space Mountain 2 are in VERY bad condition... :( But main Street, Castle and pirate ship are very nice.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Patrick89

Quote from: "ulak"Yes, Phantom Manor and Space Mountain 2 are in VERY bad condition...

I cannot understand Mr. Ravenswood. How can he let his house fall in such a bad condition? Financial crisis? Illness? Any ideas? ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

disney-john

My wife said it felt like the park was unloved, I think they don't see the old rides attracting new visitors, but if they're not fixed it will put off people re-visiting.  But I think it's financial..... And short slighted... Full refurb of phantom needed and they can put Vincent Price back whilst they're at it
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

AussieDisney

i would like to add that sleeping beautys castle walkthrough is under refurb!!!! i was at the park from the 17-20 dec and the first thing i went to do was take photos there! sadly there was no warning that it was closed and when i enquired to numerous cast members i was told about 5 different stories!!! the shop accross from the castle said it had been closed for a week, city halls firsp rep tried to tell me it was open as did many other cast members. finally i got out that yes its under refurb, no its not been told to the public and it was meant to reopen on the 22nd but city hall said that it would probably take longer than that so maybe in a week. VERY DISAPPOINTED THERE WAS NO INDICATION OF CLOSURE!! with all the other closureshappening i kinda got a bit mad, but more sad!
on other news i saw them painiting peter pans flight, which made me feel better to see them actually working on it :) and i was able to watch some halloween decos go up on phantom manor.
I know the tea cups were meant to just be under refurb, they were pretty dirty!!! in desperate need of a good coat of paint the floor was very run down and the teacups esp the inside were scratched to hell :(

*Euro Disney 1993 (5yr old)
*Euro Disney 1997 (9yr old)
*Tokyo Disney 2000 (12 years old)
* Disneyland Paris 2009 (21yrs old)
*Hong Kong Disney 2012 (24yrs old)

mary

Following a recent trip in August my main concerns were not of the conditions of the rides, as there seems to be continuous refurbishments throughout the park, but the standard of the public toilets.  When I first visited the park back in 1995 the one thing that stood out in my mind was the cleanliness of the toilets.  This year it was something that everyone in my party commented on for very different reasons, the standard has dropped considerably and on more than one occasion we refused to use them.

Maaybe some of the money spent on refurbishments should be reassigned to pay for more attendants and more frequent checks.  I would rather ride on a teacup that needs a lick of paint than have to use toilets that are of such poor standard, and I think that this will be an issue that is more likely to deter guests from returning to the park.

jonathan

Quote from: "mary"Following a recent trip in August my main concerns were not of the conditions of the rides, as there seems to be continuous refurbishments throughout the park, but the standard of the public toilets.  When I first visited the park back in 1995 the one thing that stood out in my mind was the cleanliness of the toilets.  This year it was something that everyone in my party commented on for very different reasons, the standard has dropped considerably and on more than one occasion we refused to use them.

Maaybe some of the money spent on refurbishments should be reassigned to pay for more attendants and more frequent checks.  I would rather ride on a teacup that needs a lick of paint than have to use toilets that are of such poor standard, and I think that this will be an issue that is more likely to deter guests from returning to the park.

I agree completely.  On many instances I was quite taken aback at the poor conditions of some of the conveniences.  You would think there were at least hourly checks on all of them, and if there are I can only say they are not being checked very well!

Ravenseye

Quote from: "jonathan"
Quote from: "mary"Following a recent trip in August my main concerns were not of the conditions of the rides, as there seems to be continuous refurbishments throughout the park, but the standard of the public toilets.  When I first visited the park back in 1995 the one thing that stood out in my mind was the cleanliness of the toilets.  This year it was something that everyone in my party commented on for very different reasons, the standard has dropped considerably and on more than one occasion we refused to use them.

I agree completely.  On many instances I was quite taken aback at the poor conditions of some of the conveniences.  You would think there were at least hourly checks on all of them, and if there are I can only say they are not being checked very well!

This is quite a concern! I would expect Disney to refurb as discreetly as possible, as they do with street cleaning at night, and on a regular basis. From reading the posts it does seem as if they are 'slacking' on their previously polished performance. In a way i'm kinda afraid of what I may find on my next trip (i'm a very observant guest and cast a critical eye in general)  :|
I appreciate that there are financial constraints, BUT this is Disney, not some low grade, 'cheap' theme park  :|
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

tobiasberlin

Dumbo will be closed for 18 (!) days in June (I have NO idea why they need nearly three weeks to do some work on that ride). My question: Does anyone know whether they usually add another ride or attraction to the Extra Hours in the morning when one of the regular EMH-Rides is closed?

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: "tobiasberlin"Dumbo will be closed for 18 (!) days in June (I have NO idea why they need nearly three weeks to do some work on that ride). My question: Does anyone know whether they usually add another ride or attraction to the Extra Hours in the morning when one of the regular EMH-Rides is closed?

Hi,

They often do add a different ride to EMH when one of them is under refurbishment (usually Snow White or Pinocchio), although not always; Tea Cups was off for 3-4 days in February but there wasn't anything else added.  Mind you, Tea Cups isn't normally that busy, unlike Dumbo.

For me though, more troublesome would be the fact that Big Thunder mountain is currently out for nearly 4 weeks!  I'm glad we're not going when that's off, LOL.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

Atlantica14

With the Peter Pan closure, does anyone know what they will be doing ? Does anything need fixing?

Festival Disney

Probably just a standard refurb - touching up on paint, cleaning, removing the graffiti from the queue line again :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

esmeralda

Concerning the restroom situation, i would also like to mention that I would really like to see the basins refurbed as there was too much mold growing by now. They changed the type of soap dispenser which is nice but you can see the old dowel drills which looks not so nice.
And there seemed to be less cleaining staff throughout the park which means more litter everywhere...
Julia

PrincessA

I agree, it's quite a shame, they never used to be that way.

Ravenseye

Quote from: Patrick89 on June 23, 2012, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: ulakYes, Phantom Manor and Space Mountain 2 are in VERY bad condition...

I cannot understand Mr. Ravenswood. How can he let his house fall in such a bad condition? Financial crisis? Illness? Any ideas? <!-- s;) --> ;) <!-- s;) -->

Phantom Manor closed (for refurb I hope) on 16th of this month. At the exit there was already a section under scaffold and thick white plastic sheeting.
We managed to ride it on the eve of 15th, day of our arrival. In fact I bought Park passes purely so we could ride it before the closure as they weren't actually included in our package for that day. Loved it!! However, when the CM finishes his 'please keep hands away from the walls....'spiel, the doors wouldn't close properly and he had to open/close them twice before the sequence would continue correctly. Also, when we were in the Doom Buggy the ride halted and they played the 'ladies and gentlemen the playful spirits have interupted our fun' tape, I loved this as it was a first for me  ;)  not sure what the problem was though.
Cannot wait to see the changes/spot the upgrades next year.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

orangarnold

I've just found out Small World is closed when I'm there :( I haven't been on for my past few trips and really fancied it