Disneyland Park refurbishments

Started by dagobert, May 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

Wow the Nautilus is looking stunning.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

dreamdisney

phantom

Does anyone know, if the geysers in Frontierland will ever be refurbished? I have not seen them working for ages. I hoped they would be fully functional for the 20th anniversary, but now it looks like they won't.

dagobert

Quote from: "phantom"Does anyone know, if the geysers in Frontierland will ever be refurbished? I have not seen them working for ages. I hoped they would be fully functional for the 20th anniversary, but now it looks like they won't.

And it seems it will stay that way for ages. Many fans want the geysers to return, but it is too expensive to repair the fountains. At least I read that some time ago and that Mr. Gas doesn't want to spend the money on that.

|Q|

Quote from: "phantom"Does anyone know, if the geysers in Frontierland will ever be refurbished? I have not seen them working for ages. I hoped they would be fully functional for the 20th anniversary, but now it looks like they won't.

Hope for the 30th =]

Q

phantom

I dared to hope seeing them working when I am there for the premier of "Dreams" on Sunday ;)

JelleP

Burke & Burke Boat Repairs and Supplies

From @InsideDLParis
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

That's a very good idea to hide the refurb of the ship behind that themed tent. I like the reference to Jeff Burke, the Imagineer who was responsible for Frontierland.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"I like the reference to Jeff Burke, the Imagineer who was responsible for Frontierland.
And also Pat Burke, an important Frontierland Imagineer. I'm forever mixing the two up.

It's amazing when even a refurbishment scrim can add an in-joke to the park.

Auroura86

I like that tent, in fact, some people probably won't even tell that's a tent
Where me keys? Where me phone?

MissDisneyisMagical

Your right auroura86 I had no clue.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"

And it seems it will stay that way for ages. Many fans want the geysers to return, but it is too expensive to repair the fountains. At least I read that some time ago and that Mr. Gas doesn't want to spend the money on that.

Pretty odd that they have installed dozens of fountains for Disney Dreams, but repairing another one is too expensive ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Josh

Well it's a different type of fountain. It'll probably involve cutting through the rocks or digging up the ground in some way. That can't be cheap.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Josh"Well it's a different type of fountain. It'll probably involve cutting through the rocks or digging up the ground in some way. That can't be cheap.

Yep. Also mind that they can justify the cost of Dreams much easier with their investors as they hope to attract plenty of people with it. The geysers, not so much. But if the recent wave of refurbishments is any indication, I'm hopeful that they'll get to it eventually!
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

disney-john

Just got back, and with all the talk of the refurbs, was expecting the park to look stunning. Main street, the castle and the pirate ship looked stunning (as they should) But the state of the ride effects in phantom manor, pirates, star tours, space mountain and even buzz was a disgrace....  :(
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney