Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwell2009

that is what i first, but looking closer they look more electronic sensors or recievers

Josh

Maybe they're just for testing. They look temporary.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

It could be to line up the projections properly?

Josh

Quote from: "Imagineer Steve Davison on Facebook"Back home after a fantastic week of recording and firework testing on Disney Dreams! This one is going to be fun to program in the coming months!!!
:D

He posted that on facebook about an hour ago. Did anyone see him while he was there?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

britincgn

April 1st seems to be confirmed for the start so wonder if there will be Shareholder/AP previews ??

littlemermaid83

Really excited about Dreams, going to try and not watch it on youtube so I can be surprised.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

jj554

I was just wondering if anyone knew, will Dreams still be showing in November? As that's when I'm planning my next trip for - probably around the 5th so just before the start of the Christmas season. I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask my one teeny tiny question so hopefully someone can give me a quick answer and I can go back to my hiding place..... thanks!
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

Timwatch

Quote from: "jj554"I was just wondering if anyone knew, will Dreams still be showing in November? As that's when I'm planning my next trip for - probably around the 5th so just before the start of the Christmas season. I didn't want to start a new topic just to ask my one teeny tiny question so hopefully someone can give me a quick answer and I can go back to my hiding place..... thanks!

We don't know for sure yet BUT looking at past patterns, mostly the 15th celebration, we can safely assume that Dreams will stay well into next year. I don't know how the water and the fountains are effected by the cold though. They might switch it off for the winter months but if that happens and you miss it you can always plan your 2013 trip a bit earlier because Dreams is too big of a set-up not to be re-used well into 2013. It might actually still be there for the 25th anniversary  :lol:

captain rocket

Dreams is featured in the brochure, so it would be apalling if it did not show for the whole year.  They are offering daily later hours during the summer so it can be viewed so they are making a real effort for this show. As to wether the fountains will work in the dead of winter, well another park in Europe is adding a big fountain show and they are said to be heating the water to keep it above freezing level! Worst case scenario, I guess, would be the rest of the show without the fountains.

Robert97

@InsideDLParis have posted a Dreams Fountain update.

Are those the fire shooters at the back of the fountains ? Or are they the bigger fountains can't tell.

Also they Tweeted out: Some construction fences can be found on both sides of the Castle bridge.

Another picture & they said The left side blocks one of the entrances to La Taniere du Dragon.

peter

Why would they block those areas?

Lorum

They are bigger water jets. They wouldn't waste a half of the blaze, placing shooters in those lakes.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

That's more likely to be where the projectors for the water screens will go. If that's the case, I hope we'll still be able to walk down that path down there again. They only just opened it up again after the dragon refurb at the end of last year.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

perhaps it will be attached to the ceiling of the entrance?

Columbiad

Lovely new visual from Disney Central Plaza, this time featuring a tuxedo-ed Mickey, as opposed his previous Sorcerer garb.

I wonder what this new costume Ariel seems to have in all these pictures. I've never seen her dressed like that before.

EDIT: Strange mountain range behind The Orbitron.. Looks like Expedition Everest. Not sure why they didn't have WDS and The orbitron on the opposite sides - it would make sense geographically.