Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Actually, when I watched it on the 11th of April, the cast members had roped off a small part of Central Plaza. I don't know why, and I think they took away the ropes by the time the show started.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Josh"Actually, when I watched it on the 11th of April, the cast members had roped off a small part of Central Plaza. I don't know why, and I think they took away the ropes by the time the show started.

Isn't this for those taking the Dreams! Dinner package?
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Josh

No. We used the reserved area the next day. That's on the left side on Main Street, next to the Dreams control booth. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Tigerlilly

The area cordoned off in the Central Plaza was for Wheelchair users this last Monday and Tuesday when they had two showings of Dreams and it gave a great. great view which I preferred to being close up and was much much better than the Dinner/Dreams position which was nothing special and really not worth the expense. Oddly the wheelchair area was gone on Wednesday and Thurs.

Quote from: "Jens"As said by Steve Davison in an interview, they can choose during the show that certain effects aren't used because of heavy winds/rain/other weather. ALL the effects are budgeted in for a year now, so don't worry, if the weather is nice and there are no technical difficulties, all the effects WILL be there :)

This last Wednesday it rained an awful lot, which probably explains why the Star didn't make an appearance (it was back on Thursday) but the wind was blowing from the west and I do think they should have scaled back the fireworks that day. The smoke created by them covered the front of the castle and seriously affected the projections. The Remy sequence was almost invisible and many of the others were lost to the smoke or seriously faded. A time where less would have been more.

Every other time I saw it, it was STUNNING!
and straight on till morning.

scampbunny

was the roped off area just for wheelchairs, or any visitor that gets the easy access pass (or whatever its called now??)

trying to figure where we can stand when we arrive only 5/10 mins before the show??  boys have autism and cannot wait much longer than that, and espec if its very 'closed in' with ppl....  a roped off area wud be much easier for them....

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

Delyth

This may have already been asked but does anyone know if the night time spectular show will still be on during the Christmas period. We're visiting there November 18th to Thursday 22nd and hoping it would still be on.

Thanks.
Nov 2012 Sequoia Lodge
Nov 2011 Santa Fe
Aug 2011 Santa Fe
Nov 2010 Santa Fe
Nov 2009 Santa Fe
Nov 2008 Santa Fe

littlemermaid83

Quoting the E-mail I sent to DLP, Dreams is on EVERY NIGHT during the 20th Anniversary.

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Ok so I just shot DLP admin a email to find the truth and great customer service, reply within 10 minutes...

Thank you for your e-mail below.

I confirm the Disney Dreams! show will be taking place in October, it will actually taking place everyday until the end of our 20th Anniversary Celebrations.

We wish you a very magical stay at Disneyland Paris!

Magically yours,
Anne-Sophie
UK Guest Care Department
Disneyland Paris

So no need to worry those going after September. Dreams is officially here till next April.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ed-uk

Dreams is ment to be on all year for the 20th I thought. Thanks littlemermaid83.
Ed & David

Malin

So the more important question will be what will happen to Dreams once the 20th Anniversary ends next year. Will it continue to stay nightly. Will it be moved to Weekends only. Or could it share a similar schedule to Fantillusion, Summer and Christmas only.

dlpfan1992

I reckon after the 20th Dreams will weekends during quiet periods and every night during high seasons. I think we will see our first seasonal overlays next year for Halloween and Christmas.  :D/

Anthony

Quote from: "Malin"So the more important question will be what will happen to Dreams once the 20th Anniversary ends next year. Will it continue to stay nightly. Will it be moved to Weekends only. Or could it share a similar schedule to Fantillusion, Summer and Christmas only.
Quote from: "dlpfan1992"I reckon after the 20th Dreams will weekends during quiet periods and every night during high seasons. I think we will see our first seasonal overlays next year for Halloween and Christmas.  :D/
I'm not sure how helpful it is to speculate about such things yet. It's better to discuss how Dreams is running this year - the public reaction, the operational aspects - rather than make guesses about next year which will only confuse people.

Because for my own reckoning, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney themselves don't know what will happen with the show in future. They'll be looking very closely at hotel bookings and attendance throughout this year. It's a big test to see whether the resort can sustain longer opening hours and a nightly nighttime spectacular. Whether it brings in enough benefits through increased merchandise sales (people spending while waiting for Dreams), increased food and beverage sales (people staying later and eating in the park), increased hotel occupancy (people staying closer to the park, and on previously quiet weekdays), etc and so on.

We really won't be able to guess a thing until we see some results from this summer. But even if they were negative, surely the first move would be to cut back on the double performances first, before cutting the show completely on certain dates. Do that and they've completely scuppered the whole selling point of this plan; that you can now visit on any date and be sure you're getting the "full" Disney experience, not an inferior, off-season, 10am-6pm day. The results of the show's impact would have to be incredibly negative for them to do that, surely.

CafeFantasia

When Disneyland Park closes at 10:30pm, as it does from now up until the 24th of May 2012, will Dreams really only be on once per night, STARTING at 10:30pm? Or will it start at 10:10pm, so that it finishes exactly as the park closes?

10:30pm just seems really late to be starting a show, when sunset happens at around 9:21pm.

Tigerlilly

Sunset is at that time at the moment and is getting later and later each day till the solstice, but remember sunset doesn't equal dark. The park was due to shut at 10pm on Thursday, but it wasn't really dark enough for Dreams, so Dreams actually didn't start until 10.15.
and straight on till morning.

Whoknew?

Has someone already been to Disneyland Park when it was raining that evening? What happened to Dreams then?

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "Whoknew?"Has someone already been to Disneyland Park when it was raining that evening? What happened to Dreams then?

We were there when it was raining during Dreams and it went off as normal... didn't notice anything missing either... full fire, full fireworks, etc... it actually made the lasers more impressive as they lit up all the rain/mist in the air.  It wasn't raining super heavily but it was a steady rain and we were wondering if anything would get cut but it didn't :)
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust