Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip

Quote from: "PirateSteve"I understand it has to be as dark as possible to get the best effect, but the sun sets well before 10.30pm at the moment.
The sun set might be way earlier but its still light. Dark dark is at 10:30. I am sure Disney would love to show this earlier but they cant control the sun right.
Also if they had an option to show it early a lot more people would want to see this and there is no way they would fit in the viewing area. It is also a way to control the crowds.

Quote from: "PirateSteve"but I'm not sure my son Lucas, who will only just be 4, will be able to stay up that late after a busy day in the parks.
If you really want to see the show maybe sleep late and relax during the day and go to the park only after the lunch and then you might be fresh till late night. Thats how people do it at other Disney parks in the world to see the night shows.

Yes you miss out a lot during the day but thats why Disney made this show - so you stay another day:)

Josh

Quote from: "PirateSteve"Is Dreams on too late?
It's hard to say. When I was his age, I couldn't keep awake for the fireworks. But I might be thinking of the New Year fireworks at midnight. It was a long time ago; I can't remember it that well. XD

Just go to the park later than usual, on that day; and snack up, as well! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Easier said than done. Lucas isn't the sit around and do nothing kind of child, thankfully. In DLP he'll want to be in the parks the moment he wakes, and who could blame him. We'll just have to try to have rest periods during the day to watch shows and maybe go back for a nap in the late afternoon. We are there for 4 nights so we'll see what happens. If we don't see it together then so be it.He'll probably end up staying up late enough to see it every night after all my worrying!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Anthony

Quote from: "PirateSteve"Is Dreams on too late? It's a question I've been asking myself as the park closes at 10.30pm next week, and according to the park guide, that's when Dreams will happen. That's fine for me, but I'm not sure my son Lucas, who will only just be 4, will be able to stay up that late after a busy day in the parks.

Considering their advertising seems to be very child targeted these days it surprises me that their big spectacular will be on so late. I understand it has to be as dark as possible to get the best effect, but the sun sets well before 10.30pm at the moment.
It is rather late (it'll be even later in Summer when it stretches to 11/11.15pm), but there's probably not much they could do about it given the longer days Paris gets.

As a comparison of parks around the world, Wishes is on at 10pm tonight, IllumiNations at 9pm and World of Color at 8.30pm. At weekends, the Magical fireworks are on in California at 9.30pm, with the park closing at midnight! Sunset in Paris will be 21:06, Orlando at 20:01 and Anaheim at 19:35! So it looks like it's pretty standard for a Disney nighttime spectacular to happen an hour after sunset.

I'd suggest the problem is that they've been advertising the resort too "young" for the past few years, as you say. Rather than focusing on an entire spectrum of visitors, they've solely tried to sell the place to families with very young children. Now that the resort is growing up, staying up late and acting like a real Disney park, it has become slightly at odds with the image they've been selling. They've been selling a primetime event as an afternoon kids show. It's the marketing that needs to change and expand its focus.

Though funnily enough, it was apparently marketing who wanted the show in the first place. I still think they're hoping it'll pay off in increased hotel occupancy, because the show will be on so late (and is so unmissable) that people won't want to be trawling back into Paris or to a partner hotel.

Whoknew?

did anyone have had the chance to watch the show lately? I heard that they are already cutting back on the effects, for example the fire effect at the turret to the left close to the ending of the "friends from the other side"-scene. can anyone confirm this?
Hope not, though  :?

ulak

Quote from: "Whoknew?"did anyone have had the chance to watch the show lately? I heard that they are already cutting back on the effects, for example the fire effect at the turret to the left close to the ending of the "friends from the other side"-scene. can anyone confirm this?
I have the same question!?
And where is the BEST place to watch the show, please?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Josh

Quote from: "PirateSteve"Easier said than done. Lucas isn't the sit around and do nothing kind of child, thankfully. In DLP he'll want to be in the parks the moment he wakes, and who could blame him.
Yeah, I know the feeling. :P Well good luck. Kids seem to be able to pull energy out of nowhere anyway, so you may find it's you that feels tired first!

Quote from: "ulak"And where is the BEST place to watch the show, please?
Try to find a fence to stand in front of. That way, there won't be anyone standing in front of you. But if you're really tall, it won't matter.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

tink30

Am I right in thinking there are two showings of dreams at the weekends 10pm and again at 11pm?

Jens

Quote from: "ulak"
Quote from: "Whoknew?"did anyone have had the chance to watch the show lately? I heard that they are already cutting back on the effects, for example the fire effect at the turret to the left close to the ending of the "friends from the other side"-scene. can anyone confirm this?
I have the same question!?
And where is the BEST place to watch the show, please?

As said by Steve Davison in an interview, they can choose during the show that certain effects aren't used because of heavy winds/rain/other weather. ALL the effects are budgeted in for a year now, so don't worry, if the weather is nice and there are no technical difficulties, all the effects WILL be there :)

The best place for me is on mainstreet just before central plaza between the 2 big speaker poles. This makes the music stand out and you have a great overall experience. It has been said that right at the front is nice too, as the fountains are really impressive there. I guess it depends for everyone ;)

Festival Disney

Out of the three places I stood during my last visit; the middle of central plaza, end of Main Street (for all of half hour waiting and half a minute of watching the show)/near castle stage (moved due to some stupid annoying parents putting kids on their shoulders) and right up close to the castle (literally at the pegged off line), my favourite place would have to be the middle of Central Plaza.
You're surrounded by the music from all sides, you're close enough to the castle to see everything but not so close that you have to move your head around to see everything and the fact that the road in front of you is angled downwards so that no heads get in the way!! :)

Also, regarding the flame effect, one entire side of the flame throwers weren't on for one of our viewings, but this must've been a technical problem because the next night everything was working perfectly :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Whoknew?

Quote from: "Jens"As said by Steve Davison in an interview, they can choose during the show that certain effects aren't used because of heavy winds/rain/other weather. ALL the effects are budgeted in for a year now, so don't worry, if the weather is nice and there are no technical difficulties, all the effects WILL be there :)

ok, cool and good to know :) thank you.
i hope May 19th will be a calm day then  :D/

ulak

Quote from: "Whoknew?"
Quote from: "Jens"As said by Steve Davison in an interview, they can choose during the show that certain effects aren't used because of heavy winds/rain/other weather. ALL the effects are budgeted in for a year now, so don't worry, if the weather is nice and there are no technical difficulties, all the effects WILL be there :)

ok, cool and good to know :) thank you.
i hope May 19th will be a calm day then  :D/
Thank you too!
My first "Dreams" show will also on 19th May too  ;) I hope for two shows that night and good condition  [-o<
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Robert97

Are these the fountains Disney uses in Dreams as some look simmular?

[youtube:1kmhscih]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJFL_FSXorM&feature=relmfu[/youtube:1kmhscih]

Bye the looks of it they do use the curve fountains that's in Dreams.

DopeyDad

Very happy with Dreams having seen that...rather uninspiring.

Simba 27

So it is possible to stay in the middle of Central Plaza? I remember that once when I saw Wishes, there was a path in the middle that it was roped, and we can't go nearer the Castle.
How much early did you went there?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006