DLP refurb presentation 25 March 2011 (updated with photos)

Started by Kristof, March 26, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"Did Disney mention anything about the refurb of Fantasia Gelatti? I think Kristof posted a picture in one of his updates.
No, I don't think there was anything. The first thing we saw on the powerpoint presentation was a map of the park with areas to be refurbished coloured in... I can't remember if there was anything there. Even forgot to get a photo of it myself, because it's so awkward to get to at the moment.

Quote from: "Kristof"Just checked her card... I did spell it correct!  :lol:  :P
That's weird... Search "Peggie Fariss" and you find a Facebook profile, etc with that spelling. Oh well, I suppose both are correct then!

Did you email yet? :P I keep thinking of things we could have mentioned, like the black rubber flooring in Toy Story Playland, the Armageddon facade, the back of Studio 1, the disused Fastpass machines at the Tram Tour, the dull state of Animagique's entrance, the lockers under Main Street Station....

peter

Quote from: "Anthony"Did you email yet? :P I keep thinking of things we could have mentioned, like the black rubber flooring in Toy Story Playland, the Armageddon facade, the back of Studio 1, the disused Fastpass machines at the Tram Tour, the dull state of Animagique's entrance, the lockers under Main Street Station....

oh the list goes on and on, doesn't it. top of my list would have been...why are there no rescuers in either of the parks?

Anthony

Really, top of your list? :)

Check out Main Street Motors next time you're there! http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... motors.php

(There are characters from The Rescuers dotted around the shop)

CafeFantasia

I'd like to see the bubbling fountains and fire return to the entrance of Discoveryland.

davewasbaloo

Does her reach extend to entertainment? Would love to see the Dapper Dans and Piano Player at Casey's return.

But I agree, the Geysers would be my first priority not on that list, followed by the Discoveryland fountains (both at the front as well as the Nautilus bubbles).
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

I'd also love to see Main Street Motors return to a car/garage museum, but I know that won't happen.

Festival Disney

I'd like to see all the Main street buildings and the Disneyland Hotel with all the little lights working for once, but that is doubtful, too :(
Also, I'd like to see something done about Pizza planet. (i.e. get rid of it and build something permanent that inkeeps with the Visionaries theme)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

alternativerock123

That sounds amazing, I can't wait to see all the new refurbs. It would be nice to see the parks nice and clean and freshly painted.  :thumbs:

When will all these take place/ when will all of these be completed?

Also does that mean the new Princesses Pavilion will open sometime this year?

And I agree with davewasbalo, I would LOVE to see the Dapper dans in the park. ^^
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

peter

Quote from: "Anthony"

(There are characters from The Rescuers dotted around the shop)

its so beautiful, but after your first three shops, you get the feeling that every shop sells the same.

most effects are quite small, so could they not just give a couple of days to fix each thing. it could be fixed within a couple of months.

Pete's Dragon

So glad that the priorty is to maintain and fix up the existing content, rather than adding even more stuff.

Newport Bay Lighthouse - yes ! Looks terrible up close.

Not quite sure what state these rides are in nowadays, but how are the Labyrinth and the Tea Cups looking these days?

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Not quite sure what state these rides are in nowadays, but how are the Labyrinth and the Tea Cups looking these days?
Tea Cups - really excellent. I was so pleased seeing it all lit up the night before this presentation. Lanterns much brighter, floor pretty clean, entrance marquee had all its lights working and every coloured light on the roof working.

Labyrinth - it looked great from outside, but was closed for refurbishment (again!) except for two days at the weekend and didn't open till 11am so I couldn't take a look. But certainly a vast improvement again.

davewasbaloo

Yay!  So did they refurb the teacups as well. Last year it looked half done.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yay!  So did they refurb the teacups as well. Last year it looked half done.

Last time I went they closed it to clean the roof, which looked lovely afterwards. But the floor needed cleaned and the matting around the saucers was patchy.

A pristine park is definitely better than an expanded one

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"A pristine park is definitely better than an expanded one

Absolutely!  :thumbs:

Riebi

I´m really happy that they now do all this things. The delay in refurbs has to come to an end. Why do we need such a hard programm? Cause they had no or less refurbs between 2000 and 2006. Hope they learned their lessons.

For the next steps after this list I have for the parks the geysers, the lava pool aaaand - a big one - the treehouse on my list. The treehouse has less leaves. You can see tooo much of extern areas at the top.

For the resort the floor is one thing. Refurb lake disney (and all the concret structurs around) is another one. And yes also the landscaping. If that´s something were we can say refurb...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...