DLP refurb presentation 25 March 2011 (updated with photos)

Started by Kristof, March 26, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

On the bright side, the castle will be almost done when you go. They might even finish the lower part of the castle in June (that is covered by the scaffolds) and finish off the rest at night.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

mattboywonder

Tahnks for sharing - its great that Disney want to share all this with their dedicated fans
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Martyn"... Snails on the castle? ...

Aveen2008

wow I never realised they were snails, cool picture!! :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Quote from: "Aveen2008"wow I never realised they were snails, cool picture!! :)
There are many more of Kristof's amazing Sleeping Beauty Castle pics here: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... castle.php

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Oh and did I mention I was one of the few to get Peggie's business card?  :D/
And yet you still spell her name wrong... :P

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Kristof"Oh and did I mention I was one of the few to get Peggie's business card?  :D/

Oooooh jealous!  :P

Quote from: "Martyn"Rethemeing of each hotel? (was that worded wrong, should that have been refurbishment?)

It will be refurbs / retheming (example: Cars being added to Santa Fe).

FishyBoy15

Loving the sound of the Rock 'N' Rollercoaster update that is on the cards, it's about time too.

'Surprises' on the trusses over the ride track eh? This sounds like it could be one to watch, especially with the possibility of the use of LED.. Seeing as the giant screen used in Moteurs..Action! is LED based, you never know, we could end up with small LED walls/blocks/screens on the truss which shows visuals.. (which would generally rock)

Any ideas on the rough predicted dates that they are looking at completing this one, even if it's just an approximate month or year!

Previous Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: April 2000
Cheyenne: April 2002
Cheyenne: July 2003
Sequoia Lodge: January 2004
Radisson Blu- Disneyland Paris: July 2010
Cheyenne: August 2010
Cheyenne: January 2011

Upcoming Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: July 2011

MrsPirate

Thank you for the report, excellent news and about time too.  =D>

Just wondering what effect, if any, the pirate ship refurb will have on the princess and priates party?

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

anthony2k6

all sounds great........ except.......... the re-theming of the hotels :(

Whilst I agree santa fe needs some kind of a re-theme because the current theme just looks too cheap and dull, I dont see how they can get completely away from the current theme to a cars theme without basically knocking the whole hotel down and starting again. The building exteriors doesnt work. Neither does the interior of the main building. none of it really works without stripping it right back to the basic structures and starting again with the theming of the whole site.

and then..... what on earth are they going to do with the other hotels? I assume they'll be again attempting to apply a theme relating to a character/movie? How is that going to work with New York or newport bay? and if they touch Cheyennes theme I'll be very disappointed!!!

CafeFantasia

The Hotel New York could have lots of references to the movie Enchanted, which would be quite cool.

The Newport Bay Club could have references to the Little Mermaid, you know, Eric the sailor and all the nautical stuff :-)

Quote from: "Alan"The Hotel New York could have lots of references to the movie Enchanted, which would be quite cool.

The Newport Bay Club could have references to the Little Mermaid, you know, Eric the sailor and all the nautical stuff :-)

Oh please God, No!

peter

Quote from:

and if they touch Cheyennes theme I'll be very disappointed!!![/quote
Agreed, we were there last October, and it was beautiful how ... Original it seemed. I mean, the only wild westerny Disney film that I know is...... GULP... home on the range. If they start putting plastic cows in the middle of the buffet area, I will go all 007 on the one who voiced by Judi dench. I'm talking hidden machine guns and a whole load of explosives.

Rant over, everything else sounds good

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"

Just checked her card... I did spell it correct!  :lol:  :P

dagobert

Did Disney mention anything about the refurb of Fantasia Gelatti? I think Kristof posted a picture in one of his updates.