DLP refurb presentation 25 March 2011 (updated with photos)

Started by Kristof, March 26, 2011, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Oh and did I mention I was one of the few to get Peggie's business card?  :D/

WalkerboyUK

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteThe Santa Fe is being renamed as Hotel Cars or Cars Hotel from September according to notices in the hotel reception!

What notices?  Posted where, on scene or backstage?  This is the first thing I've heard about this.   :-k

My wife mentioned it just after I had checked us in.  I guess it was either on the noticeboard on the entrance or was on the video that was showing.  She had been sat/stood there with the kids while I did check-in.

Javey74

Quote from: "Kristof"Yesterday a group of DLP fan website owners were invited for a special presentation about the upcoming refurb projects all over the resort.
One question Kristof>>  :D

Can you tell me who the person is who makes the link between Management in the Imagineering departments / DLP Park Operations and yourselves as Fan Site Owners so that you are invited to all these meetings..  :?:

Just like the previous one you attended where Philippe Gas (CEO) was in attendance.. :-k

I know Davy has a direct link with Disney, but I'm not sure he would have been the link in this instance, though I could be wrong... Just curious..  :mrgreen:

Kristof

For those who are wondering how Sleeping Beauty Castle looked like in 1992, I made a comparison photo (click to enlarge):

Festival Disney

It's funny how the castle looks older in 1992 than it does in the now picture... Can't wait to see it finished! :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ed-uk

I like the castle in 1992 best, so I'm very glad that Disney are going back to the original colours.
Ed & David

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Oh my, this is absolutely amazing news, I can't believe something like this is just popping up out of nowhere (for me at least)! The old color scheme will return to the castle? Can't believe it! A new light show and new fog machines for RNRC? Amazing!! The new Pirate Ship will also feature the original color scheme? Brilliant!! Also I can't wait for the Pixar produced Parachute Drop queue line video, I'm sure it will be hilarious. Great to hear about the ongoing hotel refurb, although I'm a bit worried about the "retheming" bit. But looking at what they did to they Sequoia Lodge I think / hope they won't do anything too stupid for the other hotels.

Thanks for the great report Kristof and can't wait for your DRLP Today posts regarding all this, Anthony!

Anthony

Quote from: "Nicolai"Also I can't wait for the Pixar produced Parachute Drop queue line video, I'm sure it will be hilarious.
Oh it really is! You can absolutely tell Pixar worked on it. The renderings of the main Toy Story characters as giant-pixelated game characters are just funny for no reason. You see Mrs Potato Head store her handbag and Mr Potato Head put his hat inside his body, etc, but really slowly and crudely. Great throwback to the days of the Game Boy (although the handheld console the screen will be housed in looked a bit more like a PSP crossed with a SNES controller, landscape with buttons either side of the screen).

It's also great news that the single rider lines will be properly implemented. I used the Parachute Drop single rider this morning (well yesterday morning now) during a 70 minute queue and must have waited only about 15 minutes at most.

I was less convinced about the new RC packaging/box photo location they showed (two designs were shown, with slightly different artwork). It looked rather uninspired, like a cheap seasonal decoration. But then I don't like the parachute photo backdrop either (which was coincidentally missing its parachute today). Maybe it'll be better in reality?

The food cart looked pretty good, it's nice that it'll introduce Jessie and the Woody's Roundup universe to the land (the cookie tin appeared to be some kind of circus/animal wagon with the "critters" from the TV show in cages, if I was seeing it right, very retro). I don't think we found out where it would be located.

kmara

that is wonderful news! thank you for sharing!
it must have been a great event and Iyou must have felt pretty special! what a great idea, to involve the fans in their future plans and asking us our opinions!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

blueeyedmum

Quote from: "WalkerboyUK"
Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteThe Santa Fe is being renamed as Hotel Cars or Cars Hotel from September according to notices in the hotel reception!

What notices?  Posted where, on scene or backstage?  This is the first thing I've heard about this.   :-k

My wife mentioned it just after I had checked us in.  I guess it was either on the noticeboard on the entrance or was on the video that was showing.  She had been sat/stood there with the kids while I did check-in.

I was told this by a member of Santa Fe staff. My son was talking about the new sign above the hotel being a Cars sign now and the member of staff was telling me that the bedding in the hotel had also changed to Cars. He also said if my son liked Cars we should come back in Sept because the hotel was going to be changed with lots more Cars stuff around and was also being re-named to the Cars hotel!!

jackieann

hi,

Cant wait for the new pirate ship!!!  When is the princess meet and greet due to open??

Jackie

Kristof

Thanks for sharing!  However, let's continue the Santa Fe / Cars discussion in its dedicated topic here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9573&p=168001

Just so we don't mix up stories!  :thumbs:

Martyn

Great read! Few points though:

Snails on the castle?

Rethemeing of each hotel? (was that worded wrong, should that have been refurbishment?)

And new Newport bay needs more than just a clean up of the Lighthouse tower...

Grandmath

Quote from: "Martyn"And new Newport bay needs more than just a clean up of the Lighthouse tower...

Don't worry, this will be a complete refurbishment, finished for this summer season. ;)

Thanks for the report!  :thumbs:

tinkswishes

Disappointed the caste refurb completion date is now August, when I emailed I got a response informing me it would be finished end of June intime for summer season as we are going before August :(