The Tarzan Encounter - returns 9th June 2012

Started by alternativerock123, January 05, 2011, 09:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinecone

Quote from: "flickmcktur"Thanks was kind of sad when we were told at peter pan show it was there last week last time we were there so x fingers Tarzan will create some equally special memories although the peter pan show will always trump any show as it was my sons first time on stage soo cute. Sure they will love banging those drums.

When and where is the peter pan show? My daughter would love to see it!
As a child I visited and stayed in:
Sequoia Lodge
Newport Bay

Santa Fe Jan 2002
Santa Fe Dec 2011
Hotel Cheyenne March 2013 \":-D\"

Disneyland IS home!!

captain rocket

The Peter Pan show was on last year, but does not show any longer.

Rocketeer

^Is that the same Pan show that used to be on the Hook's ship? I would have thought that they would have brought it back with after the refub.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

ed-uk

Quote from: "Rocketeer"^Is that the same Pan show that used to be on the Hook's ship? I would have thought that they would have brought it back with after the refub.

No, it wasn't the same show.
Ed & David

gaston1986

I will definatly give this a miss personally I hate Tarzan I think its the worst Disney animated canon feature ever

Poppy The Monkey

Not sure if this has already been posted, but despite planned auditions and internal expectations, it was officially announced to Cast Members today that The Tarzan Encounter will NOT be returning this year unfortunately....

nathalie

Oh no  :(

I hope they'll bring something else then, otherwhise it'll be quite a boring summer I'm afraid  :(

Festival Disney

Disappointed [-(
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

PrincessEnya

Too bad, really loved that show :(
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

grovesie

What a shame.. I only got to see this show for the first time last year.... One of the best live shows they do(did)

Tarzan air 1 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Tarzan 7 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Tarzan 6 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Tarzan 5 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Tarzan 4 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Tarzan 3 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

marmuis

Tarzan was a great show, but I think it is time for something new now.
A few years ago they had the show Goofy's Summercamp. That was a nice show and would be a great replacement for Tarzan.
I sure hope there will be another show at the Chapparral Theatre next summer.

captain rocket

I have enjoyed the Tarzan show and would not be against seeing it again this year, but I would much rather see a new show in it's place. To be honest I think it has shown the lack of ambition and rather lazy attitude of DLRP entertainments section over the last few years.
We all seem to accept anything they offer in the way of entertainment when the choices we get at Paris are just a shadow of what the American audience expect and get!
Let's hope that if there is no show in the Chapperal theatre this year it is just a break before Glendale organise something new and unique to Paris. We deserve it!!!!

Jens

Just a quick note: You do know that WDW has had the same show (Dream Along With Mickey) in their Magic Kingdom for more than 5 years right? No (character) shows have been going on in California until they premiere their newly developed show and they didn't even have a parade for a while in their magic kingdom! So please, I know and agree that DLP is going to have a bit of a letdown summer season, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side ;)

We'll see what DLP brings in the summer... Maybe we're in for a surprise?

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "Jens"Just a quick note: You do know that WDW has had the same show (Dream Along With Mickey) in their Magic Kingdom for more than 5 years right? No (character) shows have been going on in California until they premiere their newly developed show and they didn't even have a parade for a while in their magic kingdom! So please, I know and agree that DLP is going to have a bit of a letdown summer season, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side ;)

We'll see what DLP brings in the summer... Maybe we're in for a surprise?

Hi,
You may be right about that, but in WDW there's always a lot of stuff going on... so if theres no show in the magic kingdom... they have tons of shows in the other parks... part of the reason for that is that musicals are far more popular over there than in France or maybe Europe i think...

The language diversity is another issue... They can't put on a 1 hour show with an actual plot and newly written songs... because if it were in french half the people wouldn't understand it and the other way around... so they have to create a show with songs people already know... nobody on stage has to talk or sing themselves... the songs are translated in various languages so that everybody understands at least one line... and to impress the audience they do those acrobatic stunts (which is not bad and really makes me like the show too... but i would also like to see some live singing, something unexpected)

I have nothing against longrunning shows but 5 years isn't 12 years... and something new could be fun... though i would have no problem if they'd continue it either... but no shows at all? ... they once had 4 stages ... 5 if you count lucky nugget saloon... 1 did become "meet mickey" (fine with me) ... at the castle stage they removed all the seating as far as i know... no real show at lucky nugget saloon... chapparel theatre now empty... videopolis: sad fastfood restaurant with sad lion king stage... I don't expect 5 different shows all year long... but they need at least 1 show in the summer to control the masses... or you have to wait 2 hours at big thunder mountain for example...

So maybe you're right and they will surprise us^^ who knows :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

ed-uk

Sadly, DLP is rather lacking in stage shows now, they have had some great shows in the past, The Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan and Mickey's Winter Wonderland, but now they seem to have given up altogether, and no  word on Fantillusion this summer either.  It looks like EuroDisney have blown all of their entertainment budget on Dreams, which is a fantastic show, the best DLP has ever produced and probably the best in any Disney park,  but I had hoped it would add to the roster of entertainment in the parks, not lead to cuts in shows and parades, if that's the reason.
The only Disneyland Park without stage shows and no nighttime parade :(
Ed & David