The Tarzan Encounter - returns 9th June 2012

Started by alternativerock123, January 05, 2011, 09:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

A quick description of this show would be a Gymnastics spectacular! There is a lot of Gymnastics and trampolining involved all held together by the tarzan story. In the past, 10/15 minutes before the show would be good enougth to get a reasonable seat. By memory, they did'nt open the theatre until about 20 minutes before show time.

Thaliel

I loved that show, and I also went to see the musical in Hamburg 2 years ago. Both is awesome and anytime they play "You'll be in my heart" I have tears in my eyes
<-Plz click

justjes

I´ve seen Tarzan Rocks in Animal Kingdom and I have also seen the Tarzan Encounter in the past. They are not exact the same but they are a bit. The story of Tarzan, not much spoken words but the Tarzan songs wich are telling the story. Lots of acrobatic.
Differnces were in Tarzan Rock was a live band singing the songs in Tarzan Encounter the songs are on tape. In Tarzan Rocks there was much rollerskating, this was not seen in Tarzan Encounter.

natalie1313

The show is amazing! my favourite one, not seen it in a good few years! and i wont this year unless they keep it going until the end of the year :(

Little mermaid 240

Hi

We saw Tarzan on Saturday 9th it was very good and filled up very quickly!
We weren't sure what to expect, but it was amazing :-)
Little Mermaid x

PlumBelle

We were there on Saturday as well. We saw the 17:15 performance and they were turning people away as it was full. I believe they issued tickets to them and put on at extra performance around 18:00 that wasn't scheduled.

It still remains one of my favourite attractions and I wish we had time to see it more than once.
Easter 2000 - Cheyenne
November 2004 - Santa Fe
22nd May 2011 - Santa Fe

6th-10th June 2012 - Seqouia Lodge
Christmas 2016 - Santa Fe
Christmas 2017 - In the planning stages!

Handy Andy

Quote from: "PlumBelle"We were there on Saturday as well. We saw the 17:15 performance and they were turning people away as it was full. I believe they issued tickets to them and put on at extra performance around 18:00 that wasn't scheduled.

It still remains one of my favourite attractions and I wish we had time to see it more than once.

We were at the 2pm show on Saturday (also full). The 6.15pm show was Dream AP holders. Unfortunately we could not go as we had already booked BBWWS.
Magical Wishes
Andy

PlumBelle

Quote from: "Handy Andy"
Quote from: "PlumBelle"We were there on Saturday as well. We saw the 17:15 performance and they were turning people away as it was full. I believe they issued tickets to them and put on at extra performance around 18:00 that wasn't scheduled.

We were at the 2pm show on Saturday (also full). The 6.15pm show was Dream AP holders. Unfortunately we could not go as we had already booked BBWWS.

Oh, I see. They seemed to be turning people away from that even though they had tickets.
Easter 2000 - Cheyenne
November 2004 - Santa Fe
22nd May 2011 - Santa Fe

6th-10th June 2012 - Seqouia Lodge
Christmas 2016 - Santa Fe
Christmas 2017 - In the planning stages!

DisneyDancer92

Excited to see it again! Went to see "Tarzan the musical" in Hamburg this December, which was absoloutely amazing and one of the best musicals I have ever seen (coming from someone who has been to west end theatres over 25 times haha), but I actually missed the Tarzan/Jane-pas de deux a little(sorry ballet term haha- but not sure what the gymnastic term for a partner sequence is)- I love that sequence, its so romantic and entertaining! Had an amazing Jane and Tarzan 4 years ago who were so into it and in-love. Watching the video I recorded of the performance still makes me smile :)!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

Tinkswishes28

I wish this had been on when we were there, we missed it by one day! There is always next time.
2005 DLRP

Disneylover13

when we went last week we had never seen it before and was not sure what to make of it ... but it was amazing its a pity they dont use the stage all year round ... we must have watched the show every day we were there :)
Newport Bay May 2004 :)
Newport Bay Jan 2006 :)
Disneyland Hotel Jan 2008 :)
Cheyenne Jan 2009 :)
Newport Bay Nov 2010 :)
Hotel New York october 2011 :) )
Cheyenne june 2012 \":)\"

flickmcktur

Hi

How long is the show trying to decide if my little girl will sit through it.

Thaliel

Quote from: "flickmcktur"Hi

I think it is around 20 minutes and awesome for children, since they can clap and dance (if they dare) along with the monkeys at one part, banging on pans and pots and all that
<-Plz click

Elaine

Quote from: "flickmcktur"Hi

its around 20 minutes long.

flickmcktur

Thanks was kind of sad when we were told at peter pan show it was there last week last time we were there so x fingers Tarzan will create some equally special memories although the peter pan show will always trump any show as it was my sons first time on stage soo cute. Sure they will love banging those drums.