Favorite place to eat and why?

Started by DPC1977, April 12, 2013, 06:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPC1977

I was just wondering what peoples favorite places to eat were and why?

gemmasteele84

I've not tried many places (will change that this trip!) but we loved king ludwigs in the village. The food was great and well priced. Also love buffalo bills if that counts. The show is amazing and the food is nice too ;)

Epcot_Boy

Well, for absolute joy and incredible food it would have to be the California Grill, which for a special treat cannot be surpassed :)

For more standard fare probably the Blue Lagoon, food can be a bit hit and miss but the atmosphere is superb :thumbs:

In the village, probably the Steakhouse when it's not busy, can be very noisy when it is :(

And in the Lakeside Hotels I would go for the Yacht Club, when it's open that is :roll:

And the restaurant I least like and will never enter through the doors again, The Agrebah Café. Many like it but I think the food is dreadful, absolutely dreadful. I've given it 3 visits, and have given up on it. Awful :x

David

DisneyManiac

Well in the main park, it's the Plaza Gardens down in Central Plaza down Main Street USA. Their rice is so...fluffy! It's just great! Plus, it's an AYCE Buffet! Just, lovely!

Samninetysix

Bloody hell, what a hard question..

Is it quality of food or favourite place?? - that's the thing

Buffalo Bills is absolutely fantastic, food is good and in keeping with the show, not haute quisine but good

California Grill is about the quality and complexity of the food, not my favourite

Blue Lagoon for me is like Walt's, never ever really picked something I REALLY want to eat in either but the atmosphere in BL is top notch and Walt's decor is second to none.

I love Agrabah Café - I think it's so cleverly done, the food is pretty good, it just puts you in that arabian mood.

Ludwigs is one of my wife's favourites, it's been hit and miss but still good.

Had the AYCE in Billy Bob's only this week and thoroughly enjoyed it, again, reasonable food but good.

I can't pick out a favourite because to me if it was purely down to food quality then OK it would be California Grill or Inventions. If it was down to quality vs price then I wouldn't pick either of those because as a chef/pub owner I think they are grossly overpriced. Having said that, we don't eat at most of the places in DLP for either the quality or price or quantity or theming or entertainment value, we do it for all kinds of combinations of those.

I don't have a favourite place, which is what I should have said in the first place :)

julesk

Billy Bobs is our all time favourite .. Plaza Gardens is a close second but also booked Agrabah Cafe and Inventions for our next visit so good to hear good reviews.

Breakfast favourite is Cafe Mickey, hubby loved the scrambled eggs and crispy bacon!

ed-uk

Hard question.
1 The Blue Lagoon.  My favourite restaurant for themeing and atmosphere and I've always liked the food. Pirates of the Caribbean is also my favourite ride.
2, Walts, an American Restaurant,  Maybe my favourite for food.  Get a table by the window if you can and enjoy the view of Main Street. When we ate there for the first time we were given a table outside on a warm summers afternoon, there was table seating downstairs then.
3. Silver Spur Steakhouse.  Very good food, Wonderful themeing again.
4. Cinderella's Inn. I really liked this restaurant and I would put it higher on my list, but since Disney turned into  a character meet and greet restaurant with the Disney Princesses, we've not dined there. Will look into it on a return visit.
5. Plaza Gardens. Always been very fond of this restaurant  although I enjoy the other buffet restaurants, too Agrabah Cafe and Restaurant of the Stars. My  favourite has to be a table service restaurant in Disneyland Park, but I've still not eaten in all the hotel restaurants, other than at breakfast.
We avoid fast food restaurants for the most part ( although we have tried some of them Toad Hall was good for example ) and go for the buffets.
Never dined in Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost,  we walked in on one occasion  and thought the themeing looked wonderful. Had Disney kept it a table service restaurant, which I think it was originally, called the Explorers Club,  we would have eaten in there by now. I'm sorry that they didn't, dining outside on the restaurant terrace in Adventureland in the summer, with a good meal and a glass or two of wine, well I think that would of been very special, sitting inside or outside. If Disney had turned it into a buffet restaurant like the Agrabah Cafe, which was originally  shops, it would have been better, instead of  offering fast food Pizza and a fizzy drink.
Ed & David

SwipatronSparks

hm... well

Walts.... because the service is amazing, the food is beautiful (never had a bad meal here) and sat beside the window Walts is the perfect vantage point for watching dreams especially on those cold winter days...

Buffalow Bills.... because its a brilliant show, food is to die for, and its a good laugh

vidopolis.... is a place we tend to go during the day for coffees and stuff we have been known to have some food in there too back when the lion king show was on =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

gemmasteele84

Different places for different reasons I guess.

Buffalo bills - Food was lovely and the show is amazing.

Walts - I second the comment about amazing service, and the meal was the best we had all week.

Annettes - Quick food, very tasty and very large servings, particually for the price.