Stitch Live!

Started by Anthony, October 07, 2006, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett

Gah! I'm so jealous, this attraction looks awesome! Why do I have a feeling WDS is better than our Hollywood Studios?  :D
I live 90 mins away from Disney World and I have yet to see Monster's Inc: Laugh Floor Comedy Club, but I'm going this weekend thankfully and it's on my must-see list. Just so I can get a better feel for what this attraction will be like.

-Garrett

Aaron

Some castmembers have already tried the new attraction yesterday.
So I guess everything is done inside.
I've heard positive opinions!

Kristof

The inside was done for quite some time now.  The CM training took some time to finish up.  :)

Anthony

We have a new park map! Well, they added the Stitch Live! logo in there. It looks good though:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/interactive-map.xhtml and follow the links.

I see they're still clinging on to the old STT billboard. :shudders:

Soap

Wow  :shock:  I love these interactive maps, didn't know that they had it....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

The Celebration Continues TV ad has a little line at the bottom saying "Ouverture 22 mars 2008" for Stitch Live, so the date is now 100%. :D

mehdi5

Quote from: "Baloo"We have a new park map! Well, they added the Stitch Live! logo in there. It looks good though:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/interactive-map.xhtml and follow the links.

I see they're still clinging on to the old STT billboard. :shudders:
I think that billboard is actually just the attraction logo, all the other attractions on the map got they're logo on it.

The Butlin Boy

The Stitch Live! logo fits in very nicely on that map, I can't wait to see it in action :)

SparrowsGirl

Is there any chance they will be opening it early for previews   [-o<  typical it opens the day after i leave  #-o

Remco K.

Quote from: "SparrowsGirl"Is there any chance they will be opening it early for previews
User Olivier made a post on the Mice Chat forums about Stitch Live! being tested by guests. Olivier was part of those guests and shared his story with the Mice Chat readers.

I copied his post, and put it here between spoiler tags, to make sure the attraction won't be spoiled for anyone.

[spoiler:w9vwzegp]I was in Paris this week and I've been to DLRP twice in tuesday and thursday. Large crowds and weather was bad both days, but overall I had a good time.

Thurday, while visiting the WDS I saw incidentally a group of guests in front Stitch Live! entering the Disney Channel building. I joined them and noticed that there were quite a lot of Disney staff, not only the regular CM but also suit and tie Disney staff that greeted us. A CM told us the show is in french (however eventually the show was in english) and we waited about 10 minutes in the first "waiting" room : the same as the former Disney Channel tour.
Then after waiting (in the cold) we entered the pre-show room. A wide room with blue lights, with 4 plasma screens airing the latest Disney channel releases. That presentation was in french.
Then a Disney imagineer greeted us and said he was so happy to welcome here the very first guests: Everyone cheered  and he apologized in advance for any technical issues that could occur as the show was still in rehearsal.

We entered the theater, where I sat on a not-so-comfortable metal bench. I already knew that the show is interactive so i chosed a seat in the rear of the theater so Stitch could certainly not bother me there.

The image quality was excellent and the animation was just perfect, considering the screen is quite large. Some Disney characters tell sometimes corny jokes, but Stitch was actually funny and people laughed a lot.
I didn't have high expectations about this show but in the end i found the attraction very cute and is definiteley a very good addition to the Studios (even if some may think that any addition is good for the WDS  )
My main concern about it is that the audience has to be "good" too. I mean if everyone stay distant and shy (a bit like me that day  ) the show can get boring I guess.

I think the attraction will open some days before official premiere. Anyone did it. What you think ?
[/spoiler:w9vwzegp]

Good to read such a positive story about an attraction that isn't even that big!

SMCD

Cool that it's ready for previews already. I saw the show In Hong Kong and thought it was a fun experience. But as Olivier point out, it might depend a little on the audience.

The Butlin Boy

Great review to start the ball rolling, I can't wait to see it myself :) Thanks for posting that Remco :)

Remco K.

A few pics from the inside! Found on Mousy.be.

Between spoiler tags again! :D

[spoiler:32mw3srk]

[/spoiler:32mw3srk]

The Butlin Boy

WOO, the first pics of inside Stitch Live! And it looks FANTASTIC! :D  

I'm not sure how much of a change I was expecting, but this is a lot more change than I thought there would be. The theming looks so much better than in the old attraction. I LOVE IT! :stitch_bounce:

Riebi

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"WOO, the first pics of inside Stitch Live! And it looks FANTASTIC! :D  

I'm not sure how much of a change I was expecting, but this is a lot more change than I thought there would be. The theming looks so much better than in the old attraction. I LOVE IT! :stitch_bounce:

Same here! Hadn´t in my mind that the renovation will be so big at all. And Karl Holz at the pre-opening. Nice!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...