Splash Mountain is missing at DLP!

Started by Ole Vidar, November 03, 2010, 02:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Vidar

Disneyland Paris is a wonderful place, and it might be the best Magic Kingdom of them all.
But one atraction is still missing, and that would be the amacing "Splash Mountain".
This ride are maby Disneys crown juvel atraction, and its a shame that it has not been buildt in Disneyland Paris yet!
Are you one of them, that think that this atraction should have a place inn Disneyland Paris?
Feel free to write your opinion here!

MattyD24

either you're blind, but we've got Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris

ofcourse it's a shadow of how it was originally when it was

Space Mountain: De La Terre Ala Lune  :)

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

Scissorsboi

We do have a Space Mountain, but the post is about Splash Mountain.

It's a really highly discussed attraction, and has been earmarked for Roundup Village area of Frontierland before, but it seems to have gone quiet recently. I agree it's something the park needs, would really pull people back to that area of the park, and add another capacity eating ride. I'd like to see it go in with an original spin on the theme, in the spirit of our other E-Ticket crossovers, they've all been given a new twist, and Splash could easily take on a new Frontierland theme!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

MattyD24

ah, that's an error on my part, i misread the post thinking it was about space mountain...  :lol:

anyway regarding splash mountain, i keep hearing they won't build it because of the weather at this time of year, ofcurse there's nothing to vstop them from toning the splash effects down, i hear they do so in tokyo...

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

dagobert

I really wish that there would be a Splash Mountain in Paris. Maybe they could change the story so that the ride would better fit the Frontierland theme. Song of the South doesn't really.

It is always said that Disney will not build Splash because of the cold weather. The weather in Paris is very similar to Japan and there the attraction works very well. I think it is an excuse not to spend a lot of money.

I have never experienced Splash, but judging from pictures and videos it looks really great. Unfortunately Splash Mountain was refurbished when we have been to WDW.

lil-shawn

QuoteMaybe they could change the story so that the ride would better fit the Frontierland theme. Song of the South doesn't really.

Right, in Disneyland California Splash Mountain fits perfect with New Oreans Square and in Frontierland at WDW it dosent fit at all. The same would be in Paris.
The Idea of changing the Theme to a more Frontierland related Story is great, i would say using the Story of Western River Expedition, theme the mountain to fit with Big Thunder Mountain, a little expandet Thunder Mesa town on the entrance with Shops and restaurants and we have the perfect attraction + setting in Frontierland.

I thing something unique and not movie related is the best they could do with Splash Mountain, like they did with Space Mountain. A new look, new Story, new theme, new coaster technology and you have the best Space Mountain in all Disney Parks (since mission 2 not so great anymore)

Ole Vidar

Hi again!

You people all come up with so many great ideas!!!
But why not stick to the original? It works perfect and by my meaning is one of the greatest atraction buildt by Disney !
I understand that it may not not fit in the Frontierland theming, but why cant they build it in Fantasyland insted!
Splash Mountain is a story telling ride, and i think it would rather fit in there!
If they are going to change the story theme, why not go for the full package?
In honour of Walt Disney, the Splash Mountain ride could hold theming to several different movies!
As you float thru, you start with the classic " The one that started it all", Fantasia, Pinnochio and so on.
What do you guys think, do you think it would be a fine tribute to Walt Disney?
Maybe they could call it "Splash Mountains classics thru the decades".

Tuvok

Splash Mountain (and Ariel's Under the Sea Adventure, for that matter) is still high on DLP's list of future developments, but for the coming years, they want to focus on the Studios (Pilippe Gas confirmed this policy in a recent interview). Splash has been posponed in favour of Ratatouille. Expect Splash or Ariel around 2015 to arrive at Disneyland Park.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Ole Vidar

That sure is FANTASTIC news, hope its tru!
"If you dream it, anything can happen".

I wish for both!

Martyn

This weather excuse is starting to grate on me now. They/people cannot use that as an excuse, as boats can be designed specifically to not cause much of a splash, thus not getting wet. Pirates is a good example of this.

Ole Vidar

Thats right, they can be designed not tu cause mutch splash! And it is also possible to heat the water up a bit so it wouldent freese.

RiverRogue

Yeah, Splash Mountain, in one form or another, has always been on DLP's to-do list. It's more a question of "when" rather than "if." (Tokyo's also has a greatly reduced splash.)

As for fitting the story, I seem to remember that Frontierland's show producer Jeff Burke had his own ideas involving a lumber mill supplying Thunder Mesa and the surrounding farms with wood. Since he's no longer with WDI, I don't know if that's what they currently have in mind. Looking at recent trends, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they'd base it on a popular franchise instead...

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"Yeah, Splash Mountain, in one form or another, has always been on DLP's to-do list. It's more a question of "when" rather than "if." (Tokyo's also has a greatly reduced splash.)

As for fitting the story, I seem to remember that Frontierland's show producer Jeff Burke had his own ideas involving a lumber mill supplying Thunder Mesa and the surrounding farms with wood. Since he's no longer with WDI, I don't know if that's what they currently have in mind. Looking at recent trends, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they'd base it on a popular franchise instead...

I really hope you are wrong that Splash will be based on a franchise. I can imagine that this attraction could have a boost on DLP like Space Mountain and ToT had.

Walts heir

Quote from: "Martyn"This weather excuse is starting to grate on me now. They/people cannot use that as an excuse, as boats can be designed specifically to not cause much of a splash, thus not getting wet. Pirates is a good example of this.
Have you ever been on splash mountain ? No matter where you sit you WILL get soaked . its nothing like POTC. in POTC you might get a little wet but splash mountain is a whole other ball game. :shock:
Now dont get me wrong Splash Mountain is porbaby one of my favorite rides ever so i would love to see it implemented at DLP even if it means i have to get wet but i think that if SM was to come to DLP they would need to find a way to reduce the splash maybe by changing the design of the boats. Heating the water wont help as people might still get sick. They could also maybe distribute ponchos or something. :D

JelleP

Quote from: "Walts heir"Have you ever been on splash mountain ? No matter where you sit you WILL get soaked . its nothing like POTC. in POTC you might get a little wet but splash mountain is a whole other ball game. :shock:
Now dont get me wrong Splash Mountain is porbaby one of my favorite rides ever so i would love to see it implemented at DLP even if it means i have to get wet but i think that if SM was to come to DLP they would need to find a way to reduce the splash maybe by changing the design of the boats. Heating the water wont help as people might still get sick. They could also maybe distribute ponchos or something. :D
After the last splash, there is a tunnel, right?
Removing that tunnel (or enlarge it) would really reduce the splash! It's not that difficult...
[youtube:359vimfy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USl0opJIDBI[/youtube:359vimfy]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]