Don't move a little Closer anymore?

Started by captain rocket, November 01, 2010, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

Just back from DLRP for the Halloween parties and was very surprised that OUADP did not make any stops, in fact it virtually whistled past and was gone before you realised it was there! They played the Move a little closer music before the parade reached where you were waiting and at the end. Does anyone  know if this is permannet or just something that has happened over a busy weekend? Oh, and Malefecent was still missing! The float looks really bare without her.

DopeyDad

Yeah, we supposed the 'no stops' was due to the Halloween section at the end, I guess it would have thrown everything out of sync or made the parade too long over all maybe. When does the halloween lay over end? We'll see then I guess. And I agree, that float doesn't have the same balance without Maleficent, I wonder why they didn't fix/replace the post that broke and get her back on. It was quite a dramatic fall so  maybe they are worried about accidents but It's been over 4 months now.

Festival Disney

I saw this video that was taken yesterday, and even though the Halloween section appaears to be gone, still no show stop  :idea:

I reeally do hope this is only temporary...  :|

[youtube:2qqlv5nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1WRU9UsivE[/youtube:2qqlv5nw]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Dries

Yesterday (1/11), the halloween post parade was still there (it was the last day), so that's why there still was no show stop

Poppy The Monkey

There was no show-stops during the Halloween season, due to operational reasons - the parade would of been too long with show stops!

Show stops are back this week from Tuesday 2nd until Friday 5th November, but will be cut again from Saturday during the launch of the Dreams of Christmas.

In fact, tomorrow (friday 5th) will be your LAST EVER chance to "come a little closer" because there are some big changes coming to the parade next year.

From January until March the parade will be cut to just 5 floats! which will pass from Town Square, around the castle hub and back down Main Street leaving the park through the same doors in Town Square. This is because they are repairing all the floor in Fantasyland and around Castle Stage.

From April, you can create your own "magical moments" with "all new" totally interactive show-stops that invite you to take to the street and interact with the dancers and characters like never before! There are lots of other changes planned too from next year. watch this space  :D/

never2old

Whoa, changes for next year sound really good!!! Looking forward to more details!!! :D

captain rocket

Sounds interesting, but also short change for those going Jan/Mar!

Martyn

Whilst I've always thought this current parade had nothing on the Dancin' a Catchy Rythm, I dont know so much about these changes. I'm, only 5 floats? How many was it before? And whay the need to make it smaller? It seemed too short to me as it was...

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Martyn"I'm, only 5 floats? How many was it before? And whay the need to make it smaller? It seemed too short to me as it was...

As "Poppy" stated above, they're changing the floor of half the parade route. If I understood their plans right, the parade is going to go from Town Square to Central Plaza and back... Difficult to have the entire parade in those conditions...

Kristof

By the way, the song is called Just like we dreamed it. ;-)

never2old

The new park maps (valid until 5 April 2011) include the new (alternate, they call it) parade route. They also mention the standard parade route, "depending on the period"

Alternate parade route in yellow! (usual one in black...)

MagicKenny

I think this alternate route is for the characters/party/whatever-they-call-it express
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

never2old

No, it's indicated in the plan as the OUAD parade alternate route!

MagicKenny

Quote from: "never2old"No, it's indicated in the plan as the OUAD parade alternate route!
Very strange... that would never fit...
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

never2old

Quote from: "never2old"

Here's the key to the map: