Disney's Christmas Season (2006)

Started by Kinou, June 12, 2006, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

Quote from: "thebatman_1"The reason for not having the Aladdin hats in the first few christmas parades 2006 was because they only had two hats that fit the dancers, so they had to wait for the nex order.

LOL!!! - I love the insider info!! :D

nijopo

BALOO

great xmas parade video.

the last we all went (Nov 04) Father Christmas and real reindeers were in the parade...
has that all stopped now ??

seemed a lot shorter than previous.

were back there next week w/c 27th Nov 06 can' flipin wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick

Quote from: "nijopo"BALOO

great xmas parade video.

the last we all went (Nov 04) Father Christmas and real reindeers were in the parade...
has that all stopped now ??

seemed a lot shorter than previous.

were back there next week w/c 27th Nov 06 can' flipin wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that's not the full parade, more the lazy we don't want to put on the princess parade for about a week during the time between Halloween and Christmas season so let's put on a shortened christmas parade, so yes Santa is now back in it in his sleigh with real reindeer, or at least I believe they are, suppose it would be hard to get a pony and stick on antlers :lol: .

Dlrpfan

LOL I had a email once of a picture of a donkey with antlers
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

geomelin

Hi there

I am going to visit Disneyland Paris with my wife and 2,5 years old daughter during Christmas. We made a reservation for Character Breakfast on Christmas morning. Does anyone knows what does it includes? What is happening there? Is there a professional photographer who takes pictures? What else should I know so as to prepare my little daughter?

Thanks
George
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Samninetysix

Quote from: "geomelin"Hi there

I am going to visit Disneyland Paris with my wife and 2,5 years old daughter during Christmas. We made a reservation for Character Breakfast on Christmas morning. Does anyone knows what does it includes? What is happening there? Is there a professional photographer who takes pictures? What else should I know so as to prepare my little daughter?

Thanks
George

Hi George, we'll be there on Christmas morning but we're having breakfast in our room so can't help you but take a camera and enjoy yourself :D

thebatman_1

Where are you having character breakfast? Cafe Mickey is the best. Unfortunately though you'll get Mickey, Minnie and a couple other VIPs, you'll most likely end up getting a few minor characters as well like Prince John and Friar Tuck because EPC love sending them out, costs less money. I'm not sure how the hotel breakfast go because EPC isn't responsible for the characters there. There should be a professional photographer at Plaza Gardens but I was told that characters would no longer do breakfasts there, though if its christmas day it might be different. You had best take your own camera though just incase.

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "thebatman_1"Where are you having character breakfast? Cafe Mickey is the best. Unfortunately though you'll get Mickey, Minnie and a couple other VIPs, you'll most likely end up getting a few minor characters as well like Prince John and Friar Tuck because EPC love sending them out, costs less money. I'm not sure how the hotel breakfast go because EPC isn't responsible for the characters there. There should be a professional photographer at Plaza Gardens but I was told that characters would no longer do breakfasts there, though if its christmas day it might be different. You had best take your own camera though just incase.

Hmm, not sure if you work in the EPC, but all character appearences throughout the resort are the responsibility and planned by the EPC dept.

babybert

Hotel characters are a different department, the disneyland hotel characters are usually in EPC but the rest of the hotel characters are seperate?? or am I wrong?

Poppy The Monkey

I'm under the impression it is all under the EPC. Hotels have a say and pay - but the costumes and staff come from the EPC.

Anyway the Disneyland Hotel is the only hotel with character breakfast, so they are definaitly planned by the EPC.   :lol:

Right back to Christmas!

thebatman_1

EPC lend Disneyland Hotel characters in the morning, which if you work at EPC you would see a planning at 7:15 and 7:45. Both teams do three sets and then after lunch do three sets in Lucky Nuggets. I know for a fact that EPC is not responisble for the hotels, hence why at EPC there is not a 'Max' character, because the management do not want to buy him, but one hotel as him because there little character department did buy him.  The hotels and the parks are seperate, apart from them three sets EPC staff have nothing to do with the characters there and the hotels carry there own staff and costumes.Oh the breakfast you mentioned there, if you have done it recently you would find yes the characters are there in the morning, but they spend there time outside the restuarant, if your lucky you might get taken up to the VIP breakfast which is takes 5 minute max so its not like a Cafe Mickey breakfast.

Kristof

Patrick

I know I have said this before, but my god those are amazing photos, really capture the season.  As for the studio 1 not having lights switched on, that's strange considering it's Christmas, think maybe they have thought October was Christmas season not now :lol: .

geomelin

Hi

I have read in dlrpmagic.com that the Christmas Parade will take place at 17:30 from 23rd of December. Do you know if it is dark by that time or does it still have light?

thanks
George
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Samninetysix

Should be just starting to get dark by then, if it's really cloudy it'll probably already be dark.