Kelly & Dylan's 1st Halloween Trip - FINAL DAY ADDED

Started by kelly.dylan, October 12, 2010, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deisy

Dylan is beautiful and nice posing as Dr Facilier, very nice! Congratulations.

But continues with the story, please

bensmum

Sorry to hear about your pet,  :(  such a downer after a lovely holiday. I was wishing we had met earlier as well. Ben was exhausted by the Monday and I couldn't get him to the Parks..turned out he was coming down with bad cold :roll:  Loving the photos and the report so far, Lynne.

Laura678

Dylan seems completely surprised by everything!! Can't wait to read the rest :)
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

kelly.dylan

MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY 22/10/10

We got to the park around 7pm and went to the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor to get our wristbands.  Dylan wanted to head straight over to Frontierland to show Dr Facilier his outfit.
As we walked over we saw Malificent, who Dylan had never seen in the park before and wanted to get her autograph but realised he had left his book back in the hotel :(
We decided we would go and buy another one but before we had gone anywhere Malificent had come over to see "The Doctor". She said he loved his outfit and Dylan had his photo taken with her!

We then went to get Dylan a new book and when we came back to Frontierland saw Donald and Daisy Duck

We decided to hang around Frontierland for a while just in case we saw Dr Facilier and Cruella suddenly appeared from behind the Lucky Nugget and came straight over to Dylan and asked to sign his book.

Now I had brought Dylan a change of clothes because I thought after an hour of wearing his outfit he would want to get changed but he said "No way, the villains love me and I love the attention" and to be fair he did get alot of character interaction through wearing the costume, everyone loved it especially Anastasia,one of the ugly sisters, who asked Dylan if she could be his girlfriend and then dragged him over to her mother to see if she approved! Which she didnt because he was too young! It was so funny to watch and went on for a good ten minutes!

We still hadn't seen Dr Facilier at this point so we went on a few rides and said we would try again later.
Big Thunder Mountain in the dark was amazing, I'm not sure if its because we hadn't been on it for a while but it seemed to go much, much faster!! Dylan loved it!
We then went on the carousel and the tea cups and watched the Merlin show.

We then watched the Halloween show at Central Plaza but my camera wasnt great at taking photos in the dark so didnt take many pictures!

We went back to Frontierland and still no Dr Facilier, Dylan was really disappointed as we hadn't seen him all evening so I said maybe he could wear his outfit again in the morning just to go and show him ;)  

We saw lots more characters, which was Dylans favourite part of the evening I think

At 11.15 it was time for the Not So Scary Calvacade so we walked over to Main Street to get a good spot (photos weren't great again in the dark so I didn't take many)

Dylan was really impressed as the pumpkin man carrying the banner reconised him from earlier in the evening and gave him a thumbs up and Malificent came over and said "Hello again Doctor".  He was so chuffed that they had reconised him and after a great evening we headed back to our hotel.
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

missbounce

Sounds like you had a wondeful time - such a shame that Dylan didn't get to show off his outfit to Dr Facilier, though.  I'm sure he would have been very impressed.  Can't wait to read more!
[size=150]Little Miss Bounce[/size]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "missbounce"Sounds like you had a wondeful time - such a shame that Dylan didn't get to show off his outfit to Dr Facilier, though.  I'm sure he would have been very impressed.  Can't wait to read more!
Don't worry he did get to show him and he was very impressed! Will tell you more about that when I write the next instalment ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

lynny

can't wait to read the rest of your report........sadly didnt spot anyone off the forum including yourself and Dylan who were in the same hotel :(

going to post my report soon :)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

lauramumof3

awwww looks like you both had a fantastic time and i love dylans outfit and so did all the other villians! cant wait to read more!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

Laura678

I cannot wait to read the rest. Dylan seems overwhelmed by the magic!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

kelly.dylan

DAY TWO -SATURDAY 23/10/10

After a late night at MNSSHP the night before I had booked a character breakfast in Cafe Mickey for 9.30am.  To be honest I dont really like any of the hot food anyway so the actual breakfast was no different for me but Dylan enjoyed it.  We saw Mickey, Eeyore, Goofy & Gideon

We didn't stay in cafe Mickey for very long as dylan was desperate to go back to the room to get his costume on as I had promised him he could go and show dr.Facilier today! (He is like an elephant-never forgets) He was a bit gutted though as he lost the tooth necklace on Big Thunder Mountain at MNSSHP :(

We knew the villains were out near Phantom Manor so it was just a case of waiting to see who came out!! We only had to wait about 5 mins and there he was! Dylan went straight over to him and he absolutely loved his costume, asking him lots of questions about the outfit and if he enjoyed MNSSHP the night before, what rides he went on and that people had said they saw him wearing the outfit-he was absolutely brilliant! Dylan was even more impressed when he wrote "To my shadow boy" in his autograph book!!

(Now when you look at the photos don't pay too much attention to the back of the jacket ;) The swirls were taking about 20 minutes each one to do and after a few days of painting swirls and using a hairdryer to make sure they were dry and didn't smudge i figured no-one would see the back  :oops: )

After Dylan's lovely chat with Dr Facilier we decided to head over to Woody's Roundup Village.  It had started to rain at this point but wasnt too heavy and we had our ponchos with us.

Dylan stopped to do some posing with the pumpkins!

and we also caught Jack and Sally on the way too!

When we got to Woody's roundup there wasn't much of a queue so we waited and saw Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Woody & Jessie

And of course Dylan couldn't resist some more posing!!!!

We then watched Showtime Spectacular for the first time, Dylan enjoyed it, I thought it was great, especially the music! And Dylan must have enjoyed it more than he made out because he kept on doing a stitch impression saying "Stitch's new friends The Incredibles" which is in the show (he was actually very good at it too)

We watched the Once Upon A Dream Parade-we have seen this many times but was nice to have the Dreams Of Trick Or Treat at the end  :D

(I did get some better pictures of the parade on our last day so will upload those too when I get to Thursday)

We ate in Plaza Gardens, one of Dylans favourite places to eat, which was nice and much better than Parkside Diner, went on a few rides and then back to the hotel at around 9pm.

SUNDAY 24/10/10 COMING SOON....
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Festival Disney

Enjoying your report so far, great pics looks like you had a great time!
Any sign of Maleficent in the OUADP? Thought she was returning for Halloween :-k
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Enjoying your report so far, great pics looks like you had a great time!
Any sign of Maleficent in the OUADP? Thought she was returning for Halloween :-k
She wasn't in the OUADP but i think she was doing the Halloween Fantillusion Parade  :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

jamieclayton9

Ace reports so far. Keep them uo :-)

mr gibbs

Enjoying the report & glad you enjoyed the halloween season.  :thumbs:
We were there the week before you, and took in the party on the 15th, it's become one of our regular times to visit throughout the year.
The park was very quiet during that week, and we never once needed to use our fastpasses. TSPL waits were no longer than 15mins, less than 30 for crush & 10 to 15 mins for any ride in the disney park, How was it for you?
Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirate\'s life for me...!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "mr gibbs"Enjoying the report & glad you enjoyed the halloween season.  :thumbs:
We were there the week before you, and took in the party on the 15th, it's become one of our regular times to visit throughout the year.
The park was very quiet during that week, and we never once needed to use our fastpasses. TSPL waits were no longer than 15mins, less than 30 for crush & 10 to 15 mins for any ride in the disney park, How was it for you?
It was our first Halloween so expected it to be very busy and it certainly was. TSPL waits were all over 30 mins even slinky dog! Crush 75 mins, ToT 45 mins and no better in Disneyland Park unfortunately. Dylan loved it though and we are deciding whether to do summer season for the first time next year or Halloween again  :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad