Kelly & Dylan's 1st Halloween Trip - FINAL DAY ADDED

Started by kelly.dylan, October 12, 2010, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

TUESDAY 26/10/10

Well today was our last day!!! :cry:  :cry:

We had a late breakfast again at around 9am, dropped our bags off with the luggage room and headed to the park.

The first thing Dylan wanted to do was go to Town Square Photography to get the picture of him with Dr Facilier in his outfit printed off so that he could give it to him.

As MNSSHP was on again tonight everything in the park was on an hour earlier so we queued to see MIckey Mouse at 10am

After meeting Mickey we saw the character train leaving and as we approaced Central Plaza it was just stopping and Dylan had a phot with Mr & Mrs Incredible.

We then headed off to Frontierland

When we got to Phantom Manor Jafar was already out so we knew there was a good chance Dr Facilier would be out soon but it meant we would have to wait to see which one it was (There was only one in Dylans eyes!)

And then out came Dylans Dr Facilier :D  He was absolutely great! Came straight over to Dylan and said hi and asked him how he was! Dylan told him he had brought him a photo and he was really impressed with it :thumbs:
He said to Dylan that if he arrived on Friday we must be leaving soon & Dylan told him today was our last day :(
He then told Dylan to come with him up to the cemetary and on the way was telling the pumpkin people "This is Dylan, did you see his halloween costume? we are going to the cemetary" He was absolutely brilliant and made Dylan feel really special! He asked Dylan if he had seen the Princess & The frog film and if he knew what happened at the cemetary (luckily he had seen it and did know what happened). He spent alot of time chatting to Dylan about general things and when we got to the cemetary he told Dylan how to pose and had a few photos  :D

He was absoultely Brilliant and after a few photos and a long chat he said it was nice to meet us & he hoped we enjoyed our last day and that he better go back! Dylan promptly said that Dr Facilier was the BEST character in Disneyland and that he wanted to come next year for Halloween to see him again!
He was truly amazing and really made Dylans holiday the most memorable ever :thumbs:

We then went on the Mark Twain, something else we have never done, which was nice

And when we came back saw Maleficent and Prince John

We headed back towards Fantasyland for a quick wander around as we had lunch booked for 1.30pm and saw a few more characters

We had lunch in The Lucky Nugget.  Now we go to the lucky nugget on the last day of every trip as we have half board vouchers and it covers the cost of the character meal, and every time i say we wont bother doing it again! This trip was no different, food wasnt all that and we really wont do it again.  We did get to see a few characters but it was nothing great!

We didnt do much after lunch and just after 3pm found a nice spot on Main Street to watch the parade! By the time the parade came it wasnt a good spot at all, i had to stand behind Dylan in the end as so many people were pushing and shoving! It was a bit of a joke! The Parade came from the opposite direction today too which was unexpected!

And i couldn't resist taking a photo of the volume of people after the parade

The posters were about for MNSSHP tonight and Dylan was gutted that we couldnt stay for an extra night and do it all again as he had so much fun :(

We knew we had to leave the park just after 6 to go and get our bags fromn the Disney Express counter and Dylan wanted to spend his last hour or so in the studios.  

We had a quick photo with Buzz and then went to see what the queues were like in Toy Story Playland

All 3 rides had long queues, RC Racer and Parachutes both 45 mins and Slinky Dog 30 mins.  I told Dylan the slinky Dog didnt look like a 30 minute queue and as we still had an hour til we needed to leave we queued and was on the ride within 15 minutes!

We then went and had a look round the shops and Dylan brought a few pins and i got a nice photo frame! Dylan also saw a man in the shop had a lovely Kelly pin on his lanyard. It was in a heart shape with 3 princesses on it and Kelly underneath :D He was so pleased with himself when the cast member agreed to trade it with him and gave it to me as a present, bless him!

By now it was time to leave and we wandered over to get our bags and check in opened at 6.15pm

Dylan was really upset to be going home, I was too but I know its not long and we will be back to the magic ;)

Our trip was fantastic, definately the best so far and we met some lovely cast members!

I cant wait to go back and experience the magic of christmas :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Laura678

It sounds like you two had a fantastic time! Dylan is such a lucky kid to have a mom like you! Now I cant wait for your Christmas trip report!!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Laura678"It sounds like you two had a fantastic time! Dylan is such a lucky kid to have a mom like you! Now I cant wait for your Christmas trip report!!
Ah thank you, I know everyone says Halloween at DLP is fab but it by far exceeded our expectations and Dylan loved it :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

lauramumof3

awwww what a fantastic trip you both had, what a lucky boy.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

SwipatronSparks

sounds like you had such a good holiday, and that was a great trip report  =] and that CM who was Dr Facilier, he must have been jsut oozing that disney magic that keeps us all going back for more, especially since he was so fantastic with dylan! i hope hes still there in feburary when i go.... i am in love with the princess and the frog atm.... but something tells me he will probably only be around during the halloween season which is a shame becasue he seems so fantastic at what he does! =/
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"sounds like you had such a good holiday, and that was a great trip report  =] and that CM who was Dr Facilier, he must have been jsut oozing that disney magic that keeps us all going back for more, especially since he was so fantastic with dylan! i hope hes still there in feburary when i go.... i am in love with the princess and the frog atm.... but something tells me he will probably only be around during the halloween season which is a shame becasue he seems so fantastic at what he does! =/
Dr Facilier is only there during Halloween which is such a shame because you are spot on he was oozing in the Disney magic!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

deisy

I had already said, is a beautiful story.

We hope that the next holiday to Disneyland Paris, you will enjoy even more.

Ciao, ciao.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "deisy"I had already said, is a beautiful story.

We hope that the next holiday to Disneyland Paris, you will enjoy even more.

Ciao, ciao.
Thank you Deisy xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

MissDisney

blimy! ur so lucky, three trips in three months! wowzer!!! great pictures! you have to learn to get in some yourself! lol! Dr Facilier really did go all out i have to say! We had a great Goofy last year! Me and my friend were sat on the wall by ToT eatin our sandwiches and he appeared out of nowhere, he let us both have pics seperate with him and hugs even tho the kids had spotted him and started to decend!! i think the person inside was prob a guy and took a shine to the two blondes in Minnie ears!! lol !
Im going in 12 days, cannot wait! seeing recent peoples pics makes it all the more exciting, just had my hair done and was saying to the hairdresser that a disney holiday is the most you will ever be photographed so u have to look good!! lol
Have a great xmas trip Kelly!!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt D

"Noooooo touchy"

Hotel Cheyanne 2007
Hotel Santa Fe 2008 2009 and 2010
Experienced Halloween, MNSSHP, Christmas and Summer!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "MissDisney"blimy! ur so lucky, three trips in three months! wowzer!!! great pictures! you have to learn to get in some yourself! lol! Dr Facilier really did go all out i have to say! We had a great Goofy last year! Me and my friend were sat on the wall by ToT eatin our sandwiches and he appeared out of nowhere, he let us both have pics seperate with him and hugs even tho the kids had spotted him and started to decend!! i think the person inside was prob a guy and took a shine to the two blondes in Minnie ears!! lol !
Im going in 12 days, cannot wait! seeing recent peoples pics makes it all the more exciting, just had my hair done and was saying to the hairdresser that a disney holiday is the most you will ever be photographed so u have to look good!! lol
Have a great xmas trip Kelly!!
Dylan and I usually go to football every week, last year we done both home and away games with spurs which costs a fortune! I told Dylan if we cut back on football we can go on a couple of holidays this year :)
hope you have a great Xmas trip too! Are you going to do a report? Would be great to see some Xmas photos xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

MissDisney

not a bad incentive for cutting footie i have to say!!
Im gettin a bug for peoples trip reports so might do one, im still off from work when we get back so might make time! My memory is terrible so might not write much but knowing me and my clan there shall be some highly amusing photos to behold!! x
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt D

"Noooooo touchy"

Hotel Cheyanne 2007
Hotel Santa Fe 2008 2009 and 2010
Experienced Halloween, MNSSHP, Christmas and Summer!

bensmum

Brilliant trip report, and wonderful photos. =D> I am so jealous that you are going back so soon and then again early next year, wishing it was me. Hope you have a lovely time. I have to agree about halloween being so much better than expected, I didn't know what to expect but it was great.We will definately be going back.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "bensmum"Brilliant trip report, and wonderful photos. =D> I am so jealous that you are going back so soon and then again early next year, wishing it was me. Hope you have a lovely time. I have to agree about halloween being so much better than expected, I didn't know what to expect but it was great.We will definately be going back.
Thanks lynne, glad you had a great time too. I think we will be going for Halloween again next year!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Terkina

Thanks for a GREAT trip report whith many lovely pictures.  It was really great reading about all the interaction Dylan got with the characters  :thumbs:
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

kelly.dylan

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.  I have put alot of photos in my report but have got a couple of albums on facebook if you wanted to have a look at a few more...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... =755274571

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... =755274571

Hopefully they will work xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite