Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Ok, I think the logo with just Mickey is alot better. Though the overall design is poor.
I'm excited about the new show with Sorcerer Mickey, he looks great in his Sorcerer outfit and it's a shame we dont see much of it over here. I'm rather confused about the Mickeys house in the Festival Stage.

Finnaly, calling this a festival is totally unessecery. Why can't it just be called Magical Moments? Sounds soo much better.

disneyparkfans

Why Is Everyone Being So Negative????? I Love the look of it!!! And Besides, No Matter What Festival Is on, it will still be disneyland!! All the reasons you go there year upon year will still be there!! Its Disneyland!
"When You Wish Upon A star, Make No difference who you are!"................."It`s Just like We Dreamed it!"

Come on a magical journey with us, at disneyparkfans.webs.com!

smurfy74

as a big mickey fan im excited about mickeys house and good to see the festival stage area used at last

RnRCj

The logos do look naff and I bet the same could be said about the whole 'festival' when we see it next year. Doesn't surprise me at all to be honest! :lol:

I still remain hopeful that the 20th will be special. I've always been hoping that these weak theme years are just a way to attract guests and save money for a good 20th.

Quote from: "disneyparkfans"Why Is Everyone Being So Negative?????
Word of advice - that's one thing you probably don't wanna say around here!! Simple statements like that have turned into big arguments before, so in future it's probably best to just say what you think without being too overly optimistic and without saying other people are 'negative'. Just letting you know! :thumbs: ;)

-breeno-

Not a huge fan of the logo myself, even though it does reminds me of the 15th logo an awful lot.  It seems like an odd mix-match of characters, they really want Princess Tina to get into the "elite league" of princesses I call it :P

Quote- Characters Express once again re-used
I know it's just a rumour, buy are they ever going to give that thing a rest?  How many times has it been re-themed now, 3 or 4?

QuoteI still remain hopeful that the 20th will be special. I've always been hoping that these weak theme years are just a way to attract guests and save money for a good 20th.
Seems like a plausible idea, attract more guess with low budget 'celebrations' in order to beef up the cash for the 20th.  If that is the management's reasoning behind then fair enough, just hold back on this again for a while.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Malin

Quote from: "disneyparkfans"Why Is Everyone Being So Negative????? I Love the look of it!!! And Besides, No Matter What Festival Is on, it will still be disneyland!! All the reasons you go there year upon year will still be there!! Its Disneyland!

Only on a reduce scale. I can think of several other Disneyland's around the world that I would rather visit than this park. The Festivals are always poorly planned and lack any creativity. When you visit a Disneyland year after year, sometimes you just want to see something new and different. And since the company can't aford any E Tickets its down to the yearly events. So I don't blame people for taking a negative view when the quality offered by the New Generation or Mickey's Magical Party events fail to provide much of a new experience.

smurfy74

anyone have any idea of the exact start date for this?

Pete's Dragon

Quote- Characters Express once again re-used
I know it's just a rumour, buy are they ever going to give that thing a rest?  How many times has it been re-themed now, 3 or 4?
[/quote][/quote]

I like the Character express, its a great way of knowing where and when you can join a mad, unorganised scrum with the added bonus of being pushed aside by a Spanish tourist (sorry spanish members - not all of you are like this, just 100% of the one's I've queued with).
If they didn't retheme it to fit, there would be complaints that they were still using the old theme.

ChelseaJJ

hi
 I like the fact DLP has themed years. It is one of the elements that I look out for when I visit. I first went to DLP in 2007 when it was the 15th anniversary and just thought the theme added to the experience. The Magical Moments Festival sounds great to me because when I visit next may, it will be for my honeymoon!!

As for the logos, I think there ok. They could be a bit more exciting, however I agree with breeno, that they could be saving the best ideas for the 20th anniversary.
Past Trips
Novemeber 2007 Santa Fe
November 2008 NPB
July 2009 Cheyenne
March 2010 NPB

Future Trips
December 2010 Santa Fe
Honeymoon May 2011 DLH hopefully Castle Club

Columbiad

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the idea in my head (not sure where I heard it from) that it can sometimes be cheaper for  guests (particularly from the UK) to go to WDW as opposed to DLP. Becuase of this, I think DLP tries to attract them by hosting the themed years.

Disney_Dreamer

The theme years are, I think being used alot in the parks because the parks are losing money. I personally think that DLRP should wait until the 20th Anniversary to do a theme year but it is their choice. If they are planning the Magical Moments Festival then they could do with some more shows and maybe spread it out into the studios so it is not just the Disneyland Park that is themed. I personally love the themed years because it makes my time in DLRP more special and more atmospheric but I have to agree that a themed year each year is a bit too much.

15MagicalYears

I wonder if we will ever see an advert on the TV advertising JUST the resort, not the themed year or special offers. I miss those type of adverts, the ones they use nowadays (especially the one for the New Generation Festival) are just awful. I hope the adverts for the Magical Moments Festival can showcase how beautiful the resort is.

Adam

Mickey only logo, ok. Multiple character logo, odd - very strange mix of characters. Small logo, bad - looks very amateurish.

once.upon.a.dream

I'm a mickey fan so i like the idea of the house and the use of sorcerer Mickey :)

I also like that the train is rethemed each year to match the rest of the theming, it makes it more exciting for me knowing that when i go each year, the meet and greet characters on the train will be different and the show being different etc :) i enjoy seeing a different theme each time... I just hope the theme for 20th anniversary will really shine through and be something spectacular compared to these kind of mini themed years like MMP, new gen and this new one :)
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

RockNRoller

[quote="once.upon.a.dream] I just hope the theme for 20th anniversary will really shine through and be something spectacular compared to these kind of mini themed years like MMP, new gen and this new one :)[/quote]

Thats my biggest concern,I realy hope the 20th stands out and doesnt get diluted by all the preceeding festivals
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"