15th, 16th, 17th and 18th August 2010 Sam's trip report

Started by disneylandparisgirl, August 21, 2010, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneylandparisgirl

Day 2 Part 2
Sorry for the delay but after uni, a broken laptop and a missing notebook the delay has gone on and on! But laptop is fixed, notebook has been found and uni reading week now so should be able to finish this!

We made it to Cafe Mickey just in time for our reservation! The resturant was very busy but our waitress although overworked was fantastic! We had a great meal which was not as badly priced as I thought it would be!  :thumbs: I thought it would be very over priced but it was quite reseaonable!

Both me and Jocelyn ordered a garlic bread starter expecting a couple of slices to come out but it was a rather large and very nice garlic pizza bread, it was huge! When it arrived I then understood the 5.90 euro price tag.

We had Mickey and Stitch out to sing Happy Birthday and bring out her cake! The cake was a very nice chocolate cake even though it was 24 Euros for a cake!  :shock:

A few pictures

There was a lovely moment when Mickey and Minnie met going round.

After dinner we headed back to the main park for another ride on BTM and as we emerged from Cafe Mickey a miracle had happened! The rain had STOPPED!!! :shock:  :-D

There was even a break in the clouds this was so welcome and momentus that I had to capture it!  ;)

By the time we got to BTM it was just starting to get dark so we could ride this in the dark for the first time!
As the rain had stopped the ride was running faster than the day before.
We had been intending to watch the parade and fireworks this night but we decided to head back to the hotel as we were really tired and we had a 7am breakfast slot meeting up with our new friends
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

disneylandparisgirl

Day 3

We made it to breakfast the next day to meet our new friends Kev (who could not go on many rides like mum) and Luke who is the same age as Jocelyn.

As it was still dry (but overcast) we choose to walk to the park as we do really enjoy the walk from Santa Fe to the parks.
We made it to the park for EMH but as there was a queue me, Jocelyn and Luke nipped into Disneyland Hotel for a quick look around while the parents waited in the queue.

When we made it into the park we headed straight for Peter Pan's Flight as Luke had not done this because Kev couldn't do this. We all really enjoyed this so went on again! Then headed for the Carousel and all get horses on together. We then went over to the teacups. Me, Jocelyn and Luke all grabbed a teacup together when that round had finished Kev wanted to have a go so all 4 of us squeezed into one teacups!

3 of us on teacups

4 of us on teacups (very tight squeeze)

After this it was off to discoveryland for a go on BLLB! Jocelyn and Luke went in one together and I went on my own. Jocelyn won this round Luke had been on this before but had only been on his own and said it was much more fun going with people  :thumbs:

We headed for Space mountain and got to sit in the front, it was great!

We had to collect this photo later in the day as the photo place was not open that early in the morning and we only just got it if we had been a minute later the photo would of been gone!

We grabbed a coffee at Market House Deli while we decided what to do next. We wanted to have a go on Indiana Jones so we headed in the direction of Adventureland via the castle as the guys had not seen the dragon or even knew it was there, but it was still too early so we headed through Adventureland. We noticed on the board that PotC had a very small queue so we wandered past that way and it was only 10 minutes so we jumped on. The ride stopped about halfway round it was too long for loading and we saw a cast member moving around with a torch but couldn't see what they were doing. While we were stopped the boat behind hit us quite hard the boat tipped enough to let in a lot of water meaning we had some dodgy looking wet patches when we got off  :lol:

We then took a "short cut" through Adventure Ilse, first time we'd been through here and definately going to explore more next time we go. When we eventually made it to Indiana Jones it was closed!  :(

We went to check out queue's on other rides BTM was 110mins, Phantom Manor was 30mins and just as we were trying to decide what to go to next the Riverboat was just pulling so we pulled up at the wheelchair place and jumped on the boat. It was the Mark Twain Riverboat which we hadn't been on before. We'd only been on the Molly Brown.

Me, Jocelyn and Luke went upstairs

While Mum and Kev stayed downstairs

We then headed over to the studios to check out TSPL but on the way we decided to have a lap of the park on the train.
After we got off the train we headed over to Studios and went straight to TSPL checking out Crush's queue (105mins).

When we got to TSPL we were going to skip the rides and just have a look round but Jocelyn and Luke really wanted to have a go on RC Racer despite its 90min queue! So while we were waiting we had a good look around.

I really like the area Rex was great and I thought the Buzz at the entrance looked really good. I liked the barrel of monkeys shop except their was some cars merchandise in there, a Lightening McQueen remote control car which looked pretty cool but very out of place so decided to buy it later (but forgot)  :oops:

Ratatouille area looked really great, very good quality hope the rest of the area when it arrives lives up to this! So after this we went back to RC Racer to wait for the kids and saw the disabled entrance for slinky and decided the three of us were going to have a go! It was much better than I expected it to be, I had kind of dismissed it as a kiddie ride. I liked the way the door folded down on the side of the adepted car.  :thumbs:

Parachute was down, there was a lot of wind, so we went to have another look at Crush it was down to 65mins so we decided to join the queue.

Right I will leave it there for today, hoping to do some more tomorrow!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge