Our Trip Report 24-28 Jan 2011

Started by pers5579, January 30, 2011, 02:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pers5579

Hi All,

Thought we'd share some of the highlights of our recent trip.

We travelled by Eurostar using the disney express service and stayed at the Hotel Cheyenne.

Eurostar was brilliant. It was so easy and simple. There were no problems. We checked in, went through passport control, got on the train. The disney team came round and gave us our tickets and express luggage labels. When we arrived at Disney we got off, left the cases at the express desk and headed for the parks.

On this trip we went on every ride/attraction and watched every show except the Moteurs Action Stunt Show (we left this till our last day but the last day was far to cold to sit through the show). We loved the new Toy Story Playland, our 5 year old daughter particularly loved the Parachute Drop. Our daughter was big enough to go on Big Thunder Mountain and this was also a favourite. We enjoyed the parade and stars n cars as well as the showtime spectacular. We enjoyed all the popular rides.

This was the first time we went to see Cinemagique and I have to admit we were a little dissapointed. I think after reading the reviews on here we perhaps had higher expectations! Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed it and thought it was very good! We went to see Captain EO and were a little dissapointed again simply because it wasn't as interesting for our daughter as its predecessor!

Playhouse Disney Live was great! We really enjoyed this show.

For lunch we went to Caseys Corner (30euro), Cowboy Cookout BBQ (25euro), and McDonalds (15euro budgeting). For our evening meals we ate at Chuch Waggon (65euro), Rainforest Cafe (75euro), McDonalds (15euro budgeting again) and Cafe Mickey (75euro). McDonalds did get quite boring but we didn't want to blow all our cash too quickly. Rainforest Cafe & Cafe Mickey were excellent - the food was very good and the atmosphere and entertainment with the Characters at Cafe Mickey is priceless.

This was our first stay at Hotel Cheyenne. We loved the theme, the rooms were comfortable and very clean. Shower was fantastic. Our daughter loved the bunk beds. The staff were very nice and friendly. Breakfast was good. The evening meals we had was very nice too - although I have to admit we are not buffet style fans. It was a comfortable walk to the parks. However, the one thing that was off putting for us, and the one reason we would not return to this hotel was that it was full of large school trips. Lots of them. By the looks of the setup they take quite a few school trips - over the course of the week there were several different school trips. At the risk of sounding like im complaining - they were mostly rude, loud, ingorant and disrespectful. I wonder if they have less school trips at busier times???

Highs - Eurostar, Toy Story Playland, Rainforest Cafe, Cafe Mickey, Playhouse Disney Live, Cost (this was the lowest price we have paid) and everything else in between!! :-)

Low - School Kids staying at the Cheyenne :-(
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

ed-uk

Good trip report. Glad you had such a good time. And you enjoyed Toy Story Playland which is always good to hear after all the controversy about it.
Ed & David

gwynfryn

I am going next week to Cheyenne and a bit concerned about the school trips, i have heard a lot about it being noisy etc.  Thought i might ask for a room on the 2nd floor, so at least noisy kids wont be above us they may only be next door.  there is nothing worse than the noise of kids running around corridors etc above your head.  I know i used to be a kid once, and probably one of then noisy ones i am tolerant of kids having its just difficult and stressful to get toddlers to sleep when there is loads of noise.