Disney's Hotel Santa Fe refurbishment — New "Cars" touches

Started by Kristof, July 30, 2010, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "esmeralda"
Quote from: "aliscrapper"
Quote from: "esmeralda"I've had a look at  Hotel Santa Fe last week and i was very impressed with the construction that was going on!!! New colors on the building that are similar to the original version but way warmer! I was so happy to see how well it looked and i'm absolutely looking forward to see the result! Anyone interested in a few pics? Let me know!

We stayed there in June and they were decorating the outside of the building when we went so would love to see your photo's of the buildings!  

What was your room like?? We had problems with the safe not working and the plug in the bathroom sink getting stuck.  Reception did not seem interested in helping us with either of these problems with our room; so we've been put off staying there a bit.  Just wondered if you had had different experience and whether we were just unluckey?? thanks :thumbs:

We stayed at Sequioa Lodge.  As usual we just take a stroll around every single hotel cause we love each hotel ;-) We also stayed several times at Santa Fe but last time in '06. I guess next year we'll be back!
Sorry, for no information about rooms standard. Usually reception was helpful in every hotel we stayed. I'm sorry to hear you had bad experience!
Pics are coming later! They are not finished with painting but i didn't expect construction going on already, that's why i was so surprised and happy! :-)

We've stayed at Sequoia Lodge and the Cheyenne and the one reoccurring theme which is really a worry is most of the plug sockets have been almost hanging off the wall!

Found CM's at SL and Cheyenne really helpful.  But noticed a lot of "cutting corners" when we stayed on-site this year - for exampel no Disney soap and one day we didn't even get a new toilet roll!!!  Seriously considering staying off site next year and getting annual passes

esmeralda

Here are some pics:

Door sign:

Wallpaper in the hallway of one of the pueblos:

Carpet in the hallway :

Trading Post:

Julia

aliscrapper

Thanks for the photo's Julia - it's nice to see how the refurbishments are coming along.  Those photo's look as tho they were taken from the block we were in which was Trail of Water block; building 33

Figgygirl

I'm sure I read a good review of Santa Fe with photos of the new rooms - was it on this forum?
I am looking for photos of the newly refurbished rooms, and when the refurb is expected to be completed. Has anyone heard? I am there next week, so might go over to the Santa Fe and ask them.

ulak

I was to see in Santa Fe on my way to the DLP in August 2012. "Cars" is not exactly my favorite movie, but the new theme hotel is very nice! Sensitively done with lots of nice details. The whole atmosphere of the old hotel is well suited to the topic.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

esmeralda

Any news on the renovations? Does anyone have pics or know if they are finished by now?
Julia

jonathan

I didn't like Santa Fe at all.  It looks so uninviting no matter how much they paint it.  It reminds me of some of the run down housing estates in England.  We didn't rate our stay there at all so just stick to HNY or Newport Bay now.

maleficent_mum

I was reluctant to return to SF, our only visit was in 2004, having previously stayed at Cheyenne and I thought there was no comparison and we've chosen Cheyenne over it ever since.  In january this year though, it was my nephew's 5 year old birthday and it wasn't up for question we had to stay at Santa Fe and he loved it, the lightning flashes on the floor, the bedspread, the pictures on the wall - he thought they were fab, the old theme wouldn't have had the same effect.
Santa Fe is never going to win any prizes for it's looks, but the Cars theme is a massive hit with younger visitors.
The only gripe I have about the hotel is breakfast, queuing outside in arctic conditions is not nice but it was the only option after 7.30am :( in fact we ended up skipping breakfast at the hotel and going to McD's or Salon Mickey.
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

lauralouisemidwinter

I am staying here for the 3rd time in March and can't wait. I love the hotel and have never had a problem with anything there, the only thing I would like is a kettle in the room but apart from that I think it is fabulous. I cant wait to stay there again and keep hoping that we get on of the 'new' rooms. I personally love Cars and love this hotel.
Rant over :D
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

MrMoo

Are all the rooms now themed to cars? I was under the impression they were...  

We have booked to go Santa Fe at Christmas purely because my 3 yr old loves Lightning McQueen... i'd hate for us to not get that theme in the room ?

Scissorsboi

I can't help but feel that the fresh paint and Cars theme are a bit of a stop-gap measure whilst an actual plan is built up. I've stayed at Santa Fe twice, and both times wished that it was Cheyenne instead. The whole place just feels cheap and like a run down motel.

I'd love to see them convert some of the units into rockwork mountains (similar to the ones at Cars Land), and the others into the buildings down Radiator Springs main drag. Usually I'd shy away from character themed hotels, but in my eyes Santa Fe is so low quality for a Disney Resort, that a full Cars overlay may be the only way to make me want to visit again!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

jonathan

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I can't help but feel that the fresh paint and Cars theme are a bit of a stop-gap measure whilst an actual plan is built up. I've stayed at Santa Fe twice, and both times wished that it was Cheyenne instead. The whole place just feels cheap and like a run down motel.

I'd love to see them convert some of the units into rockwork mountains (similar to the ones at Cars Land), and the others into the buildings down Radiator Springs main drag. Usually I'd shy away from character themed hotels, but in my eyes Santa Fe is so low quality for a Disney Resort, that a full Cars overlay may be the only way to make me want to visit again!

I agree with you it doesnt seem to fit in with Disney and is very low quality. Walking through the swamp that seperates it from the Village and Parks makes you think you've left Disney altogether

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: "MrMoo"Are all the rooms now themed to cars? I was under the impression they were...  

We have booked to go Santa Fe at Christmas purely because my 3 yr old loves Lightning McQueen... i'd hate for us to not get that theme in the room ?

They are going thought the proses of changing all the rooms and I don't know when they will be finished, I heard somewhere it was mid-end of 2013 to 2014. But saying that they seem to be moving quite quickly. I hope you get a Cars room, they look lush :D
I hope  have helped.
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

MrMoo

Quote from: "lauralouisemidwinter"
Quote from: "MrMoo"Are all the rooms now themed to cars? I was under the impression they were...  

They are going thought the proses of changing all the rooms and I don't know when they will be finished, I heard somewhere it was mid-end of 2013 to 2014. But saying that they seem to be moving quite quickly. I hope you get a Cars room, they look lush :D
I hope  have helped.

Thanks Laura, maybe i'll give them a call a week or two before we arrive and let them know how much the little one likes cars! can't hurt can it ?  :D/

Jonjo

Do we know if all the rooms in Santa Fe hotel have been refurbished to the new cars theme or are they still refurbishing some blocks.    I'm going in March and have booked a Rio Grande room,  Just wondering if all these rooms have been refurbished?
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk