La Fanfare?

Started by Festival Disney, July 03, 2010, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

After checking this week's entertainment programme: (http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf) it says that at 11:45 and 12:45 there's something called "La Fanfare" but only on the 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7th of July...
Can I be a little bit thick and ask what is "La Fanfare"?  ;)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DopeyDad

That's new to me, wasn't on the program a few weeks ago. I sit a peak season entertainment?

tubbsy

OOH! Now that is interesting! Would love to hear if anybody has got more info-more shows in the park! :D/  I still wish they hadnt pulled Lion King tho :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

kelly.dylan

[youtube:1hzdmqjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiFeh4FEqiM&feature=related[/youtube:1hzdmqjw]

Found this on youtube if it is the same thing?
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

15MagicalYears

Oh wow, I hope it is a live band!

Kobato

That band was playing last year when I went in July!

theverynk

La Fanfare is just the band, yes. But they are listing the times now :)
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

Gert

La fanfare is indeed the band. They play disney classics. Photo taken by me from the band.. (13th July)

norhel

Sounds cool I must say.
For me it fit very well in the picture of Main Street :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

carrydee38

that looks like a nice idea...listening to disney music while waiting on a ride or having a ice cream.....

15MagicalYears

This is pretty awesome. I don't know if this has always been here or if it's a new addition but I wish they were present year round. Also, I'd love to see some non-character related streetmosphere on main street. . Like -

[youtube:1ho7cf64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzDz3s-VJrU&feature=related[/youtube:1ho7cf64]

[youtube:1ho7cf64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8gCpax5PPM[/youtube:1ho7cf64]

Especialy the Main Street trolley parade, I adore it. It's soo cute and atmospheric and I think it would fit into our Main Street very well.

davewasbaloo

This is why I am very grumpy about DLP. In the early years, just like WDW, DL and TDL, DLP had the dapper dans on Main Street year round, as well as a keystone cops brass band, and a ragtime piano player at Casey's Corner. And the Marching band played in the bandstand or on the Train Station Balcony or at the hub.

Frontierland had shoot out stunts, mariachi bands at Fuente Del Oro, a full Cancan and comedy show in the Lucky Nugget that were free to all park guests. There were also wood work and indian sand painting/weaving displays.

Adventureland had the Tam Tam drummers in appropriate places (not in Discoveryland) and sword fights by pirates on the ship. Also, there were carpet makers and brass makers in the bazaar (now a restaurant).

Fantasyland had a sword and the stone ceremony and medieval juggling jesters. There were stage shows in the Fantasyland Theatre, the Castle Stage and in Videopolis (RocShoc in Videopolis was a great modern dance show).

And in Discovery, there were the jamminators and a futursistic musical group. You could also meet Chewbacca and C3PO.

And the fireworks were on the scale of the US parks.

I do love DLP, but most of what I love was the legacy of what was designed and built in the late 80's early 90's. And I like the European fusion. But there is no denying that this is a big part of why a lot of people can come away disapponted with DLP. What is sad, is DLP could be the greatest MK again if they brought this stuff back.

Thankfully we have this summer the marching band, a few small bands in the Frontierland Restaurants, the little princess thing in Fantasyland, and the Tamtams, but it is still a fraction of what they do at the other resorts. To me, the entertainment was always a huge part of the appeal of the original DIsneyland which is still loaded with live music and dancers. Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen is similar, and it was the one park that really inspired Walt.

But folks, this is why I get grumpy at DLP, the management, and the new fans.
since 2001 (many before that)