Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

Thank God! [-o<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

15MagicalYears

Thanks God indeed! It was looking rather hellish :(.

littlemermaid83

There is a god!

How long has it been left looking like that?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Scissorsboi

Lets hope this time it's an image printed onto plastic or foamboard instead of just a vinyl! Hopefully it's been changed after they saw that the original idea didn't work?

But I'm glad, when it all lines up, it is actually a nice effect!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

-breeno-

Wow I didn't think it was in such a bad state.  Great news that it's getting a refurb though.

Is there any actual images around of the refurb taking place yet?  The source provided just states that is has "finally begun".
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Martyn

Yes, thank god, however, this shouldn't have needed to be replaced in the first place.

But lets hope this time they've used some proper sigane that wont coil up after a shower.

Donald-Duck-Malta

And as many of us have been waiting for....the refurbishment for the Hollywood" Backdrop on Hollywood Blvd Is finally ready! :thumbs:  :thumbs:  8)  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
Source :disneygazette,

:thumbs:

peep

^Still looks terrible in places. It's great that they've started to address this issue but surely they're going to be finding themselves replacing all of it every few years? That can't be good budget-wise.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

dagobert

The refurbishment is ready? Has anyone seen the facades in the pictures above? The posters are peeling off!!

Another Tea Cups refurb. Only done half way!!

Anthony

I'm pleased to say the facades have now been completely finished and look good as new:

Photo from yesterday, 11.43am:

Unless I've just forgotten what they originally look like, they also seem to have a slightly yellower tint to them now, looking more sunny and warm.

davewasbaloo

Good to see, thanks for sharing
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Also, it looks like the Specialty Ice Cream window has been given a little improvement with some new tiles and props (just a few jars and other bits) inside. When it first opened I'm sure it just had the bare turquoise walls of the previous sci-fi themed window (which I still miss).

[edit] Found the photo:

It wasn't open Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

And unfortunately despite the huge crowds (Studios must have been busier than I've ever seen), I'm sure I never once saw Hollywood & Lime open and I noticed that the two smoothies seem to have disappeared from the menu... :roll:

dagobert

Good to see that they finally refurbished all the facades. When did this ice cream shop open?

Festival Disney

The colours seem much more vibrant and stand out a lot better than before... or is that just because you have an amazing camera? :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day