Article: POTC is the best ride

Started by Kristof, August 23, 2006, 02:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Lol, I'm shocked that you're shocked!  You're obviously totally allowed your opinion though and it's a really good thing different people like different things.  It'd be a nightmare for Disney if everyone liked the same single 2 attractions.

I'm really interested why you'd prefer to queue for Space (or the other coasters) so much more though - is it just for the thrill?  The way I see it, a 10-minute hugely themed caribbean boat ride with loads of animatronics and atmosphere knocks the socks off an indoor rollercoaster with some fancy lights, Jules Verne or no Jules Verne! :twisted:

I suppose I should just sit back be glad really, this means one less person in the queue for PM or POTC. :wink:

Just one more question about the poll: No WDS?  Does RNRC not beat Indy? I think they just grabbed those attractions out of thin air to be honest.

Nala_84

We waited once about... 45 minutes for POTC, that was in 2000 and caused by a technical problem. My mother was afraid coz she thought we had to ride with the danger of another technical problem, but we kids just enjoyed the scary-dark and tropical atmosphere ;)

Well... I love Disneyland for everything it is. I'm not a Thrillride-fan though, and that's what I appreciate of DLRP: They offer nearly EVERYTHING, for every single and individual taste--for children, teens and adults!! The other point is the perfect theming of all the attractions--why should I go to America on a No-1-Thrill-ride, if there's only a loveless steel corpus?!? No, I'm really glad that there's attractions like POTC or PM at DLP, they offer me fun, much for my eyes and a welcome alternation in my magical Disney holiday :)  :stitch_bounce:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

I could not go to DLRP and not ride POTC, or Phantom Manor. They're "must do" rides to me. But I don't think I'd really mind if I didn't ride Space Mountain: Mission 2. I love high speed attractions, but I don't always think SM:M2 is worth an hours wait.

Still, I 'd have to ride RnRC . It's my favourite!  :P

Masamune

:D I love my thrills, but at the same time, I love to indulge the kid in me and ride on Casey Jr and the tea cups! :P So I don't really know how to pin-point my personal taste in regards to rides, all I know is that if I'm gonna wait a long time, it's gotta be for something good!

;) Just for you though Baloo, I'll be sure to go on PotC this October... :lol: and maybe Phantom Manor, but I'd have to be feeling very patient that day...

Angel

This topic highlights the fact that we are all different.  We have our likes and dislikes and our favourites, but the one thing we have in common is how much we all love Disney!!!

fly_with_me_dumbo

i would of put BTM before potc but i love phantom manor and potc aswell , but i also love the kiddy rides like it's a small world  :lol: i cant wait to go next year and go on the rides in wds as before when i went with school i didnt have enough time to even go in that park so maybe then my favs will change!

Just out of interest has anyone been on every single ride including the big rollercoasters and the small kid rides like the flying dumbos

Masamune

:P I have! I can't think of a single ride that's currently in either park that I haven't been on at some point... :lol: of course I prefer my roller coasters, but it's the kiddy rides that make me most happy... ^^ they're really the most Disney of all the rides...

Anthony

I actually haven't quite been on all the rides... I've still got Dumbo, Orbitron and Flying Carpets Over Agrabah to do!  I've been in the queue of Flying Carpets, but left because the "5 minute" wait had become about 50 mins because of Animagique's crowds.  Lol, it looks like I've got a fear of those types of rides or something... :lol:

Really, I just can't be bothered queueing so long for them.  They always have really long, slow-moving queues (apart from Flying Carpets sometimes) and you can pretty much see the whole ride experience from watching them.  I want to go on them, but so far I've preferred to spend time elsewhere.  I'll probably finally ride Flying Carpets next visit, if only to see Toon Studio... :wink:

Lightning McQueen

Almost everything has been said about the people's choice and I agree that personal taste plays a important role.Some people are more adventurous and will be prepared to wait longer to go on the particular rides.The Fastpass can shorten the countdown to the 'big moment' but as we all know it's not available for all the rides.
What's left to say for me is that the accuracy of the article brings tears to my eyes,it's not really hard to provide the right information. :cry:
Lightning McQueen

JACoasterman

It's funny to hear people complain about waiting 30-45 minutes for an E-ticket attraction like Pirates or Big Thunder.  Try coming to California and waiting 45 minutes to an hour for Peter Pan!  Or waiting two hours to ride Indiana Jones.  Both of which I've done on several occasions when I've visited Disneyland.  

I used to work at the park as well and saw lines for my two rides, Astro Orbitor and Star Tours, reach well over an hour during the peak season.  Space Mountain was two to three hours!  That's what I'm talking about.  If the lines for great rides like Pirates and Big Thunder are shorter than 30 minutes when I'm at the resort in March, I'll be one happy camper.  :)

Oh, and by the way.  PotC and the Haunted Mansion are two of the greatest rides EVER created, anywhere in any theme park in the world.  I'm really looking forward to Phantom Manor and PotC in Paris.

Justin

Lightning McQueen

One reason why people complain about the waiting time can be that they are in a Disneypark for only a few days.On the other side there are people who happily line up overnight to get concert tickets,they should be used to waiting for the rides when they visit DLRP. :)
Lightning McQueen

JACoasterman

I can happily say that I've never lined up overnight for anything, regardless of what it was.  :)  Although I did wait two hours for Rocket Rods the year they debuted at Disneyland.  That was a complete waste of time.  

I'm just amazed at the differences in opinion from Europe to the U.S. sometimes.  I thought that all theme parks were similar in that people expected to wait in long lines for the newest and best rides.  Like I said before, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I only have to wait 30 minutes for the best rides at the resort when I go in March, and I've only got a day to get in those rides too.  I can't convince my fiancee to visit the resort for more than that since it'll be our honeymoon.  ;)

Samninetysix

I've never had to queue for very long for POTC or Phantom Manor - and they are most definitely 2 of my favourites (along with BTM) - I just love the atmosphere in POTC. I dont need high speed thrills to enjoy the ride but I almost s**t myself when I went on Aerosmith R&R rollercoaster :D

Miss Tinkerbell

l would definately agree with the topic title.  Disneyland isn't complete if l haven't been on POTC at least twice.

lt's definately my favourite ride...my top three would be

1 POTC
2 phantom manor
3 big thunder mountain

And l definately WONT be paying SM:M2 a visit!!!! :lol:

Samninetysix

I think I agree with Tink regarding the top 3 rides - cant say I could decide between them but definitely those 3