Disney Halloween Festival 2010

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, June 29, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannikins

I've booked for the October season. What sort of things can I expect. I've heard that the halloween parties at DLP aren't a patch on WDW ones. Are they going all out this year?

Soap

Quote from: "Hannikins"I've booked for the October season. What sort of things can I expect. I've heard that the halloween parties at DLP aren't a patch on WDW ones. Are they going all out this year?

Maybe they aren't as good as WDW, but last year I had the best trip ever with Halloween @ DLRP!
All dressed up and stuff and just having a blast  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Hannikins

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "Hannikins"I've booked for the October season. What sort of things can I expect. I've heard that the halloween parties at DLP aren't a patch on WDW ones. Are they going all out this year?

Maybe they aren't as good as WDW, but last year I had the best trip ever with Halloween @ DLRP!
All dressed up and stuff and just having a blast  :thumbs:

is there lots to do in the park? I'm all for dressing up!

Soap

Check this //http://www.dlrptoday.com/news/resort/entertainment/halloween/ for some nice last years views and to-do's :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dlrpmad

I REALLY can't wait!! I'm there from the 5th - 12th October this year and This seems like it's a great year to go to the Halloween festivities! I do have a question, I'm thinking about dressing up for MNSSHP, does anybody know if there's a lot of adults dressed up as characters or is it mainly just for the kids?
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "dlrpmad"I REALLY can't wait!! I'm there from the 5th - 12th October this year and This seems like it's a great year to go to the Halloween festivities! I do have a question, I'm thinking about dressing up for MNSSHP, does anybody know if there's a lot of adults dressed up as characters or is it mainly just for the kids?

good to hear :thumbs:  i'll be there from the 5th until the 10th  :D/

As for MNSSHP I would suggest to just wear a funny DLRP Hat as a costume only, as adults are not allowed to wear costumes during park hours and special parties, as some children would think that you would be a disney character in some way.. :P

mommy2ash

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "dlrpmad"I REALLY can't wait!! I'm there from the 5th - 12th October this year and This seems like it's a great year to go to the Halloween festivities! I do have a question, I'm thinking about dressing up for MNSSHP, does anybody know if there's a lot of adults dressed up as characters or is it mainly just for the kids?

good to hear :thumbs:  i'll be there from the 5th until the 10th  :D/

As for MNSSHP I would suggest to just wear a funny DLRP Hat as a costume only, as adults are not allowed to wear costumes during park hours and special parties, as some children would think that you would be a disney character in some way.. :P

actually adults are allowed to dress up for the halloween parties. for the mnsshp they do have the right to deny you entry if they think you could scare or offend little kids so i wouldn't go with a costume that is too gory or too adult.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

i love main st

we went to the mnsshp last year and are going this year too,and i carnt wait...
 We dressed up last year with our two children,we took the childrens with us but bought our costumes there, i have posted a picture trip report of last years on here, and i must admit there wasnt that many adults dressed up,but we loved it, and will definatly be dressing up this year....im so excited   :D   :D/   :D

Soap

And for this years first, there's a special adult Halloween party @ WDS! Wicked stuff  :thumbs:

davewasbaloo

We went to the very first Halloween party dressed as the Phantom and Melanie Ravenswood. It was excellent. And the cast members treated us brilliantly, especially in Phantom Manor ;-)
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"We went to the very first Halloween party dressed as the Phantom and Melanie Ravenswood. It was excellent. And the cast members treated us brilliantly, especially in Phantom Manor ;-)

This reply is worthless without pictures!!!   :-"   :D/   :roll:

davewasbaloo

I will see what I can do. It was in the days before we had a digital camera, and I am not sure where the prints are. I will ask the boss and see if I can work a little magic.
since 2001 (many before that)

Hannikins

I definitely would if he go. Little put off at the mo as I don't think there are any fireworks?

i love main st

davewasbaloo, i would love to see those photos...i always love reading your reports...and as you said , we got some funny looks off some people, but the cast members were really great with us...theres nothing like making an effort ( nothing to do with the fact that i am a 33 year old woman,but will always be a child at heart..haha )

WildcatMickey

I will be there from 25h to 29th october and am really excited (I'm 43 so perhaps a bit too old to be getting quite so excited!).  We have booked for the MNSSHP.  What is the party I have seen mentioned at the Studios?  I haven't seen that anywhere (other than a few comments on this forum).  Does anyone have a link?  I don't think we are going to dress up, but I have told my nephew that we are going to make complete fools of ourselves as much as possible and have hinted at silly hats and face painting (if thats even available?)