Disney's Fantillusion! (1995-2012)

Started by Festival Disney, June 04, 2010, 01:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyrules

I dont think they should replace fantilusion.
But give it a complete makeover with new floats and refurbished old ones.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Festival Disney

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Is the summer fantillusion parade exactly the same at christmas?

Also, do they do show stops like the OUADP? and where do you think is the best place to watch for the christmas fantillusion?

Kelly

Yup, exactley the same!
Because of the winter weather, if it's raining/snowing, then the parade will just drive through with no showstops.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

Do you think it matters where you watch? If there are show stops is it best to be nearer the castle?
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Festival Disney

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Do you think it matters where you watch? If there are show stops is it best to be nearer the castle?

Anywhere on parade section of Central Plaza is great! sort of middlish in line with the hub stage is great to see Jafar/Maleficent transform!  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Do you think it matters where you watch? If there are show stops is it best to be nearer the castle?

Anywhere on parade section of Central Plaza is great! sort of middlish in line with the hub stage is great to see Jafar/Maleficent transform!  :thumbs:

Thank you, really looking forward to seeeing it for the first time :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Lorum

I think this parade will obviously die in the next five years, if the resort don't do anything to make it better. It needs more floats, a longer parade. It needs more performers, more space between two floats, much more orchestra, more music, exactly what it looked like when it was inaugurated in Tokyo.

If WDI doesn't want to create some new changes, then the parade will be lost... With Disney's World of Color in DCA, and Fantasmic! in Tokyo for 2011, Disneyland Paris must consider its nighttime entertainment and forget lands with amusement park's rides or fairground attractions (I don't know how you say that), from others Disney's mistakes in California.

I mean... I want DLP to grow, but improving.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Lorum

I'm not talking about Little Mermaid ride.

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Lorum"I think this parade will obviously die in the next five years, if the resort don't do anything to make it better. It needs more floats, a longer parade. It needs more performers, more space between two floats, much more orchestra, more music, exactly what it looked like when it was inaugurated in Tokyo.

I completely agree, when it was in Tokyo, I dare to say this was the BEST nightime parade ever! i love watching videos of it and so wish that we could have all the floats!
160 CM's were used in Tokyo... it's more like 50 (if that!)these days... such a shame in my oppinion!
You can tell that the "Royal Dancers" are DLP's own creation... they look nothing like the rest of the parade!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "Lorum"I think this parade will obviously die in the next five years, if the resort don't do anything to make it better. It needs more floats, a longer parade. It needs more performers, more space between two floats, much more orchestra, more music, exactly what it looked like when it was inaugurated in Tokyo.

I completely agree, when it was in Tokyo, I dare to say this was the BEST nightime parade ever! i love watching videos of it and so wish that we could have all the floats!
160 CM's were used in Tokyo... it's more like 50 (if that!)these days... such a shame in my oppinion!
You can tell that the "Royal Dancers" are DLP's own creation... they look nothing like the rest of the parade!

Exactly

Festival Disney

Imagine if you will, Fantillusion is just leaving the park, all the lights all off and it's starting to rain!
Then... cue the thunder!
It's quite [strike:3owjs1it]funny[/strike:3owjs1it] a sight to see people running out of the park, screaming because of the lightening... with the happy song of Fantillusion playing in the background!
[youtube:3owjs1it]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZLqm4H3hE&feature=player_embedded#at=253[/youtube:3owjs1it]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

It's awesome, I love it! Jajaja (it's Spanish way write a laugh) I want to live something like that...

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Imagine if you will, Fantillusion is just leaving the park, all the lights all off and it's starting to rain!
Then... cue the thunder!
It's quite funny to see people running out of the park, screaming because of the lightening... with the happy song of Fantillusion playing in the background!
[youtube:313l063n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZLqm4H3hE&feature=player_embedded#at=253[/youtube:313l063n]

Yea... hilarious!!  :roll:   try being stuck 8 meters up on a electric float with a metal pole attached to your waist and hundereds of lights, cables and batteries over your body!!  Watching thunder hit the buildings on Main Street just 10 meters away from you!!!  It was certainly not funny!!  It was bad enough for the guests... but for the perfomers it was pure hell!!!  :twisted:   Thankfully, new procedures have now been put in place and hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again!

Lorum

What sort of procedures?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"
Quote from: "Festival Disney"Imagine if you will, Fantillusion is just leaving the park, all the lights all off and it's starting to rain!
Then... cue the thunder!
It's quite [strike:283kriry]funny[/strike:283kriry] a sight to see people running out of the park, screaming because of the lightening... with the happy song of Fantillusion playing in the background!
[youtube:283kriry]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZLqm4H3hE&feature=player_embedded#at=253[/youtube:283kriry]

Yea... hilarious!!  :roll:   try being stuck 8 meters up on a electric float with a metal pole attached to your waist and hundereds of lights, cables and batteries over your body!!  Watching thunder hit the buildings on Main Street just 10 meters away from you!!!  It was certainly not funny!!  It was bad enough for the guests... but for the perfomers it was pure hell!!!  :twisted:   Thankfully, new procedures have now been put in place and hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again!

I didn't mean that it was funny to see people nearly getting zapped by lightening  :shock:
I simply meant it was quite a sight to see the whole park emptying in a matter of minutes  :?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

The changes really have happened!  :shock:

The characters now walk behind Mickey's Fantillusion!

Tink is now inside the Gazeebo (not really sure what to think about this... I liked her better up front  :?)

Maleficent's new costume looks great  :thumbs:

And finally... the coffin pushers are constantly lit! (are these costumes new?)

The Royal Dancers will apparently get new costumes later in the season  [-o<

Source: http://charactersphotos.canalblog.com/a ... index.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day