Disney's Fantillusion! (1995-2012)

Started by Festival Disney, June 04, 2010, 01:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyrules

Awww i hope they dont replace fantillusion i really think they should just give it a makeover and add some new floats than completly replace it.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Malin

Well with WDW having no immediate plans to give DLR back its Electrical Parade. Its always a possibility SpectroMagic may move on to Paris. And this has been long rumoured for a while now. Although even if it is true, it seems to be happening fairly quickly if this was to end up being Fantillusion's final season. These floats would take time to arrive out in Paris from Orlando. Where than there would need to be fully checked over and worked on. Before being fit for park use. I personally hope its not true. Spectromagic is a much more ambitious project than Disneyland Paris would be able to handle in my opinion. Fantillsion has 9 units vs Spectromagic's 20 units. Plus several more performers. If it was sent to Paris, it would only be butchered down. So I hope WDW keep it around and bring it back once DLR request the Electrical Parade back. Which may happen once the current construction at the park finishes.

Now back to the subject of Fantillusion and I must ask why its only performed in Summer and Christmas Seasons. I think its poor show to not present any night time entertainment for the Weekend crowds though out the year.

davewasbaloo

Agreed James, DLP really does trail the rest of the world when it comes to night time entertainment. And it is a shame. If we were to dream about transferring parades though, I would really love for MSEP Dreamlights to come over from Tokyo, without butchering.
since 2001 (many before that)

Malin

Dreamlights is 25 minutes of beautiful eye candy. If Dreamlights was presented in full at Disneyland Paris it would bring in non Disney fans to the park every night. Its simply that amazing. I just think its a shame for anyone who like us wants to find this sort of quality night time entertainment from Disney and is either UK or Euro based. Has to travel all the way to either Asia or the States to find it. Even though we have a Disney park right on our door step.

On my last trip out to Japan in March I was very gutted to have had to miss Dreamlights. But unfortunately I had a builet train to catch back to Osaka. But I was able to visit Universal Studios Japan and see another Parade of similar scale to Dreamlights. And that was the Magical Starlight Parade. Now bare in mind Universal Studios Japan is a park that attracts around 8 million Guests per year. Disneyland Paris as a Resort recieves almost double that figure. Yet fails to produce something on this scale for a night time parade. Poor Show.

davewasbaloo

This is why I get so annoyed. DLP has the potential to be the very best Disney can offer. The infrastructure and the e-tickets lead the bunch, and the table service options are amongst some of the best
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

I think they just made a huge mistake buying Fantillusion, the entertainment value of which relies far too heavily on live performers, which Euro Disney cannot afford. They're much better off with something they can essentially switch on like a Christmas tree and send on her merry way, like the Main Street Electrical Parade. No streetaculars, no stages on wheels, no parade stops.

MagicTink22

... but if that was the last season fantillusion... does it mean that there will be no fantillusion around christmas time? :(( it would make me sooo sad, I really love it... the music, the lights ... would give anything to see it again in december.. :(

Festival Disney

Quote from: "MagicTink22"... but if that was the last season fantillusion... does it mean that there will be no fantillusion around christmas time? :(( it would make me sooo sad, I really love it... the music, the lights ... would give anything to see it again in december.. :(

It'll be back for Christmas, no need to worry!
If the rumour were true, It would take weeks to get a different parade shipped to europe and a few months after that to convert the power and do any upgrades necessary  :thumbs: .

The absolute earliest we'd be looking at a new illumuntion parade is 2011, but most probably 2012 for the 20th!  [-o<
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Poppy The Monkey

I spoke to the Show Director of Fantillusion yesterday and she laughed at these rumours!

Love it or hate it Fantillusion is sticking around for a while yet... the guys in Emporium should stick to selling Plushes and Pens and not make up stupid rumours!!  :^o

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I spoke to the Show Director of Fantillusion yesterday and she laughed at these rumours!

Love it or hate it Fantillusion is sticking around for a while yet... the guys in Emporium should stick to selling Plushes and Pens and not make up stupid rumours!!  :^o

Next time you see the show director, can you ask them to give the performers on the floats some propper routines?
Thats what helped make the Tokyo production great and I feel the only real great performance in the current Fanti is made by Maleficent!

Good news though, I'm glad that I'll be able to see it a few more times  :P

EDIT: Poppy, if you happen to see any parade maintenance people, can you ask them to take a look at Mickey and Ursula's Float, they both had so many missing effects when I last saw fanti in July:

On Mickeys: Mickey's "cape", the thing that's meant to change colour and look very vibrant is completely broke, the sparkle of pixie dust from the pink tink is buggered, the stars either side of Mickey are broke, The sort of "wavey magicey dust thing" that appears on Mickeys rainbow at the start of the show stop hasnt worked properley for years AND... Mickey's tux has had some really annoying flashing sequence added to it with blue lights that looks really awful! :roll:

On Ursula's: You could bearly see Flotsam and Jetsom because their eyes and teeth bulbs were all gone...

and the villain dancers need to dance much closer to the floats during showstops! The black light has no effect on the special paint thats on the floats in example... Ursula's tentacles, Jafar's snakeskin pattern and Maleficent's greyish castle wall effect!

I actually swear that the show producer has never seen a video of how this parade should be operated  :|

Rant over  :-"
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Tuvok

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I spoke to the Show Director of Fantillusion yesterday and she laughed at these rumours!

Ofcourse she denies the rumours. It's not (yet) official. She really can't say anything to hint a closure for Fanti before the resort has annouced it officialy. The current rumours say Fanti will leave in 2011, but I think the parade will not leave till the end of 2011 (leaving room for a new one in 2012).
Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade is still 'young' compared to Fanti (and currently the best Disney dayparade of alle the resorts), so if the resort is planning a replacement parade, it should be for Fanti.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Festival Disney"

Next time you see the show director, can you ask them to give the performers on the floats some propper routines?
Thats what helped make the Tokyo production great and I feel the only real great performance in the current Fanti is made by Maleficent!

Good news though, I'm glad that I'll be able to see it a few more times  :P

EDIT: Poppy, if you happen to see any parade maintenance people, can you ask them to take a look at Mickey and Ursula's Float, they both had so many missing effects when I last saw fanti in July:

On Mickeys: Mickey's "cape", the thing that's meant to change colour and look very vibrant is completely broke, the sparkle of pixie dust from the pink tink is buggered, the stars either side of Mickey are broke, The sort of "wavey magicey dust thing" that appears on Mickeys rainbow at the start of the show stop hasnt worked properley for years AND... Mickey's tux has had some really annoying flashing sequence added to it with blue lights that looks really awful! :roll:

On Ursula's: You could bearly see Flotsam and Jetsom because their eyes and teeth bulbs were all gone...

and the villain dancers need to dance much closer to the floats during showstops! The black light has no effect on the special paint thats on the floats in example... Ursula's tentacles, Jafar's snakeskin pattern and Maleficent's greyish castle wall effect!

I actually swear that the show producer has never seen a video of how this parade should be operated  :|

Rant over  :-"

"The only great performance is from Maleficent" - sometimes true! There are about 35 people who play Maleficent on Fantillusion, some are amazing...  some are terrible!! Its lucky you've only seen the good ones!

I've not got any connection to maintenence.... I know there are loads of problems on the floats and I'm sure if there was the money the floats would be always in perfect condition. Under the circumstances the floats still look pretty good in my opinion!

The rountines haven't changed much since the parade was choregraphed originally in 2003,  so I agree there should be an update... but due to french law the dancers in the parades can only do certain movements - if they do a lift or a double pirouette etc. they need to be paid more and have a much higher monthly salery for the rest of their contract!!  Its very confusing and so frustrating for the choregraphers!

Festival Disney

One of the things that seems to annoy me most about the parade is the Mickey performer on the lead float...
In the Once Upon a Dream Parade, both mickey and Minnie have a great routine and they both know how it goes and do a brill performance.
In Fanti, Mickey normally doesnt't act as a Mickey should and has next to no routine apart from the occasional marching bit...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DisneyBud

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The rountines haven't changed much since the parade was choregraphed originally in 2003,  so I agree there should be an update... but due to french law the dancers in the parades can only do certain movements - if they do a lift or a double pirouette etc. they need to be paid more and have a much higher monthly salery for the rest of their contract!!  Its very confusing and so frustrating for the choregraphers!

Oh my gosh! That explains so so much. I always wondered why the parade dances were so simple. If you wouldn't mind, could you go into any more detail about this? Why do they consider certain moves worthy of a higher salary etc? If you don't feel that sort of info is suitable for the public domain, feel free to PM me, but I found your comment quite intriguing!!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Indeed, that explains a lot! Thanks for the info Poppy. Those stupid french laws again ... did you know they actually had to slow down Space Mountain because it was too fast for french laws? :roll: