Disney's Fantillusion! (1995-2012)

Started by Festival Disney, June 04, 2010, 01:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Just found a new video of another flawless Tokyo performance :D
[youtube:3tkiof35]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Kj6cuOs7A[/youtube:3tkiof35]

I really wonder what the parade's original designers/show producers must think of Paris' rushed and butchered version  :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Kristof

Currently there are strong rumours circling on Facebook among Cast Members and performers that Disney's Fantillusion's last performance will be on 2 September 2012...

How do you feel about its (possible) permanent removal?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Kristof"Currently there are strong rumours circling on Facebook among Cast Members and performers that Disney's Fantillusion's last performance will be on 2 September 2012...

Devastated! It's my favourite parade :(
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

Even cast members are talking about it? :( Is doing Dreams and Fantillusion in one night too much for them?

If this parade ever does go, I hope it gets sent to another park. That would be better than sending it to the scrap heap. :(
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ford prefect

Bring back Main St Electrical Parade!  I won't be too devastated to see Fantillusion gone.  The parade never captured my imagination in the way MSEP did.  

I think they should drop the parade and bring back more daytime shows in videopolis.  That would surely be cheaper and more productive for the resort.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

jrh

Quote from: "Kristof"Currently there are strong rumours circling on Facebook among Cast Members and performers that Disney's Fantillusion's last performance will be on 2 September 2012...

Talk of it moving to another park?????

Josh

Looks like it's just yet another false rumour. @InsideDLParis has said that Fantillusion is scheduled for Christmas.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

jonathan

I don't think they know what they're doing, or if they do they don't want us to know!

jrh

Quote from: "Josh"Looks like it's just yet another false rumour. @InsideDLParis has said that Fantillusion is scheduled for Christmas.
I wonder if he (or she) really knows what's going on with Fanti??  

With all the talk of Fanti being canned for Xmas earlier this month, @InsideDLParis said nothing. Now when someone asks if Fanti is done, @InsideDLParis goes on twitter and says it's still on for Xmas??  Anyone else have new info regarding Xmas???

I did read somewhere else that Fanti is still on for Halloween Night. Can anyone confirm that, and wiil it be the same version of Fanti that was on other Halloweens"?

Figgygirl

I will be gutted if Fantillusion is not on during Christmas Season, along with Mickeys Winter Wonderland.  The electrical parade and ice skating show make Christmas season special, even though we now have Dreams which is awesome.
I am taking a friend for her first trip in late November for her 60th birthday, and she has been looking forward to seeing these.
I still prefer the original Main Street Eelctrical Parade though, and would love to see that return. I was hoping they would do this for 20th Anniversary which would have been very fitting.
I am hoping that InsideDLParis is correct, and Fanti at least will be on at Christmas.
I sent an email to Guest Communication after my June trip with general comments ( and commending some lovely Cast Members I met ) and asked about Fanti & MWW, but as per usual have not had a reply. Falls on deaf ears I think.

Figgygirl

Can't we set up a petition for the return of MSEP? Such Happy Clappy music, you can't help dancing.

Figgygirl

When I was there last January Cast Members were saying that this was the last showing of Fantillusion, and it was then being shipped over to the USA. Based on this, I booked my next trip for June instead of Summer Time, for fewer crowds, if I couldn't see the electrical parade. Then it is on this summer after all, so I hate missing it!
Very hard knowing exactly what to believe...

Kristof

Quote from: "Josh"Looks like it's just yet another false rumour. @InsideDLParis has said that Fantillusion is scheduled for Christmas.

Actually he says "For the moment, Disney's Fantillusion is sheduled to return for Christmas 2012. "

But according to the latest intel it looks like Fantillusion will go dark for Christmas...

ed-uk

Quote from: "Figgygirl"When I was there last January Cast Members were saying that this was the last showing of Fantillusion, and it was then being shipped over to the USA. Based on this, I booked my next trip for June instead of Summer Time, for fewer crowds, if I couldn't see the electrical parade. Then it is on this summer after all, so I hate missing it!

i could be wrong but I'd be surprised if Fantillusion was shipped over to the USA, it's already second hand from Japan.
Ed & David

petals

Quote from: "ed-uk"
Quote from: "Figgygirl"When I was there last January Cast Members were saying that this was the last showing of Fantillusion, and it was then being shipped over to the USA. Based on this, I booked my next trip for June instead of Summer Time, for fewer crowds, if I couldn't see the electrical parade. Then it is on this summer after all, so I hate missing it!

i could be wrong but I'd be surprised if Fantillusion was shipped over to the USA, it's already second hand from Japan.

Everytime I went to WDW they either had MSEP or Spectro so maybe would be nice for Fantillusion to go there for a while.

As for it being in DLP for Christmas I don't know how true that is I was told by a CM it's not going to be there because this oh so wonderful (I'll reserve judgement until I see it) Dreams is on instead.