Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

New official interview with Imagineer Rick Rothschild, inside the Captain EO theatre:

[youtube:3kp19qzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaPNK6CwIo[/youtube:3kp19qzo]

Dorsetcandy

We saw this on our recent trip to DLRP and i must say i was surprised how much the whole family liked this,i don't mind Star Wars or Michael Jackson but not a huge fan of either,my partner loves Star Waes and is trying to train the kids,Rhianna who is 3 and Drew 2yrs to be aswell!
 Our seats moved and we got squirted with water at a certain point,the effects were gr8 although as Colin said there was some ghosting with the 3d (i think i know what that means lol) was a good show and would of happily sat through it again at another point if time allowed!
 Drew actually called it Star Wars though not Captain Eo and anyone wanting merchandise make sure you get it at Star Traders shop as i didn't see it anywhere else when we were there! :D
This was definately Michael Jackson at his best!And i feel even ppl not keen on him will be hard pressed not to like this!

Sulley

I cant wait to see this as a kid when euro disney first opened I remember seeing Michael Jackson in the ad's and being a huge fan of Michael Jackson and Mickey Mouse I wanted to go more than anything.  When I finally did go for the first time in 1998 I was disapointed that his attraction was gone, so at long last I will get to see it :).

Roll on September :).

littlemermaid83

Anyone know how long Captain EO is sticking around in the parks for?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

tinkswishes

how long is the show?

smurfy74

the main show is about 15 mins i think and the preshow is a bit shorter

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "smurfy74"the main show is about 15 mins i think and the preshow is a bit shorter

Thanks David, so not too long.

Are all the showings in English?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

smurfy74

the main show is in english all the time - i think the pre show is too but cant remember

Soap

Hmmmm..... :-k
My bro is at the Parc now and he heard some CM's @ City Hall talk about EO
just being there for 3 or 4 months and that it will be rebuilt after that.

They didn't want to confirm this to him, but he heard what he heard he?  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Tuvok

Quote from: "Soap"Hmmmm..... :-k
My bro is at the Parc now and he heard some CM's @ City Hall talk about EO
just being there for 3 or 4 months and that it will be rebuilt after that.

They didn't want to confirm this to him, but he heard what he heard he?  :?:

Interesting, although these 'I've heard from a CM that...' are often not too reliable.
Rebuilt into what exacly? A new 3D/4D show or an entirely new attraction? Soarin' would fit perfectly there, although that ride is also proposed for the Studios.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Soap

I know, but was worth mentioning here  ;)
Nothing else was confirmed to my brother, so this is all i know about this.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Dolph7800

Hopefully it will still be there in January when I go, will be a bonus as my brother is a massive MJ fan so he will love this!
When I last went, HISTA was pretty disappointing with a lot of the affects not working so hopefully this rebuild will rectify that somewhat, it certainly sounds promising.

CafeFantasia

Anybody know the prices of all the different bits of Captain EO merchandise sold at Disneyland Park?

What sizes do the t-shirts come in?

SwipatronSparks

:oops: ive never heard of it....so dont really know what all the fuss is about...
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

nemo1981

Hey guys!

I want to know: Am I the only DLP-fan here,that didn`t like the return of Captain EO??? I`ve seen it 1997 and I loved it back then. But time passed by and things changed(especially the 3D-technology), and when I watched it this summer on my recent trip I was more than disappointed....(and this although I love MJ and I love Disney and I love the eighties!!!). I got a headache from this 3D-technology and my eyes really had problems to focus during the whole thing, i think the story is very tacky....and what`s with the moving floor all the time??? It doesn`t fit in my opinion, it becomes clear that this effect was not meant for that attraction....
Sorry, I don`t mean be negative( I am really happy for everyone who loved it!!!!), but for me Captain EO is more than outdated and doesn`t even work from a nostalgic point of view.....