Aladdin's Flying Carpets (Mark II)

Started by guest3474, April 05, 2010, 04:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest3474

I was thinking about how fast Toon Studio is developing, and how the Flying Carpets is rapidly becoming outdated with the new Disney-Pixar additions. Therefore, I thought it might be a good idea is in the near future , the Flying Carpets were relocated to Adventureland in the main park.

seeing as Adventureland seems somewhat lacking in major attractions (the only two really being PotC and Indiana) , the ride could be placed opposite the current Agrabah area, creating an immersive themed area. Of course, the tacky purple backdrop would be withdrawn , but I've placed it where Cafe de la Brousse is now. Here's how the map might change.. (Original amp image - DLRPMAGIC       Editorial - Whip) - In case you can't see the change, it's in the bottom right somewhere.. ;)

The Magic Kingdom in Florida is constantly promoting their Flying Carpets as a major attraction , so maybe in it's new , well-themed location the DLP Resort could do the same?

As for the attraction's replacement in the studios , a new eatery and shopping destination could be put in it's place. The eatery could be based on a Seafood Restaurant ties in with Finding Nemo , whilst the shopping store could be named 'Luxo's' , selling all sorts of PIXAR and Pin-Trading Memorabilia.

What do you think?

Adam-Whip

disneyrules

I think it is a really good idea.
It does seem very outdated in toon studios and if they move it to adventureland that will make toon studios all pixar attractions. They could retheme it like jasmines flying carpets going to tokyo disney sea.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

CafeFantasia

I actually suggested this same idea, like, 8 years ago. You can see it on this old aerial photo that I edited (badly):

http://www.germs.nl/disney/maps/dlrpair1.jpg

But yeah, I think it makes perfect sense. Disney already own the ride. They just need to build a new foundation in Adventureland for it, and transport the ride over. The Arabian Nights style entrance to Adventureland would make the perfect backdrop for the ride; a real backdrop, not some painted flats.

And like you said, use the space in WDS where the ride used to be to flesh out Crush's Coaster, with an extended queue area and a little seafood restaurant/cafe.

It's a win-win situation. Adventureland gets an additional attraction, with some new energy/kinetics at its entrance. And the Walt Disney Studios gets the space for more immersive theming, a longer queue, and a new restaurant.

RnRCj

I would have to say no to this idea mainly because the view from the bazaar across to the treehouse is one of my favourites in the park - especially at sunset. Adventureland would lose some of it's immersiveness too. I say keep it in the studios, I don't think it's *too* bad there anyway.

guest3474

That location isn't a definate RnRCj. I considered placing it opposite Indiana too , in the current foresty area. The general idea is Flying Carpets being relocated to somewhere within adventureland , and a retail and restaurant outlet taking its place in toon studio.

Tuvok

Excellent idea. I must say it also crossed my mind to transfer Carpets over to DLP. Best spot is Adventureland, like you proposed along side the Agrabah theming that already is there. It doesn't fit with Indiana Jones. If they do, then please copy the WDW version with the palmtrees and other props, which are way better then our 'Studios'-version.
Extending Crush with a new themed queline, a (table service) restaurant and a Nemo shop is probably the best thing the Toon Studio needs. It creates a beautiful themed area which the Studios needs so badly, and it will be an instant hit ofcourse if they theme it on par with, let's say, Blue Lagoon Restaurant (that type of immersive theming in the Nemo world).
I never understood the decision to built Flying Carpets over Agrabah in the Studios. It fits so much beter in Disneyland Park. And like you said, they can put on a whole marketing show by promoting it as a major 'new' ride Disneyland Park, while they can focus on Nemo/Crush in the Studios. Update the ride building at the inside with more props and use scarfolding to 'hide' the buildings interiors if you ride the rollercoaster. That can't cost too much. Market it as a new ride experience, et voila! Two 'new' rides, a restaurant and a shop for a small price.

Please send this to EDLI!  :wink:
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

CafeFantasia

Alternatively, how about this location? It'd be more tucked away here, but still close to Adventureland's entrance and Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin.

Tuvok

Great find, Alan. I like this location too. They have to place this ride in the vicinity of the excisting 'Aladdin' themed area, otherwise we get a themed mess throughout Adventureland. Can somebody please green light this 'project'.  8)

RnRCj

^^It wouldn't work there either because that's part of the African area. Adventureland is one of the parks most immersive areas so personally I think we should leave out any rides like this. It would only remind us that we're not actually in an Arabian bazaar but in a theme park.

SM:M3

A good idea but then Disneyland will have 3 of this ride type. Why not leave it where it is but retheme it to WALL-E? You could be on a robots back. Updates it to a recent pixar film.

CafeFantasia

The Magic Kingdom at Disney World has 3 of these kinds of rides, and will actually have 4 when they open up the new Duelling Dumbos.

Quote from: "Alan"The Magic Kingdom at Disney World has 3 of these kinds of rides, and will actually have 4 when they open up the new Duelling Dumbos.

I thought they were removing their Flying Carpets to become one of the Dumbos.

Tuvok

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "Alan"The Magic Kingdom at Disney World has 3 of these kinds of rides, and will actually have 4 when they open up the new Duelling Dumbos.

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, that's how it's called in Magic Kingdom, is located in Adventureland. The Dumbo ride is located in Fantasyland, on the other side of the park. So no, they will not be removed to become the Duelling Dombo's ride.  :wink:

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "SM:M3"

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, that's how it's called in Magic Kingdom, is located in Adventureland. The Dumbo ride is located in Fantasyland, on the other side of the park. So no, they will not be removed to become the Duelling Dombo's ride.  :wink:

No I meant they'll rip up the whole thing and move it across!

guest3474

No, they are building a replica of the current Dumbo's but with modifications such as a Circus-tent themed central hub complete with ladders and fire hydrant.

The Magic Carpets at the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland will remain ;)