Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I'm reposting this news from Screamscape about the WDW attraction here, because it makes it obvious there's going to be some crossover between Crush's Coaster and The Seas:

QuoteNemo's Undersea Adventure / The Seas with Nemo & Friends - (9/22/06) Screamscape has heard a little info about the insides of the new Nemo attraction, and so far the word is good. I'm going go try to not give anything away that might spoil it, but if you don't want to know anything at all, stop right here.
  Apparently the queue is quite large for this new ride and has been given a beach theme. As you move forward though the queue area, you will be given the impression that you are moving closer to the water and eventually walking under the water, which will be reinforced by a view of the bottom of a boat attached to the ceiling. This is all before you've even boarded the Clammobiles. From here I'll leave out any details other than to say that the scenery work is apparently really great and the projections from Pixar are also said to be top notch work. The EAC effect is also said to be quite convincing and if there is one downside people could comment on, it's that the real marine life just are not as impressive looking as their new Pixar counterparts.
We already knew the projections in Paris would be similar, so it's good to hear they're impressive.  Also, this mentions the queue being themed to a "beach", with a boat above you.  Kinda sounds like WDS' fishing pier theme, don't you think? :o

The Butlin Boy

There are nice new photos at disneytheque including a close up shot of the "5", a detailed look at the rockwork and lots more!

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... udios.html

Kristof

Anthony

Those photos are brilliant, and I really REALLY like this number 5!!  It looks incredibly classy.

The blue rockwork still looks beautiful too, very whimsical and totally unrealistic, great stuff for WDS! :wink:

Anthony

The first signs of blue paint of Studio 5 have arrived, and one of the rocks at the front has been given a lovely second coat of darker blue paint...

Two new photos by nicoetsab on Disney Central Plaza:

The second photo really gives you a sense of the massive scale of this project, whilst the first shows us how "cosy" the studios should soon become...

Matts

I found this on screamscape:

It is signed - Turtle Twister Overview
Matts

The Butlin Boy

Anthony

Here's a more interesting photo, again by Kyoto:

The blue shades actually look nice - they're much "fuller" than I expected, darker than sky blue.  The little arch thing above the doorway is a lovely touch too. :D

Matts

Quote from: "Matts"I found this on screamscape:

It is signed - Turtle Twister Overview

uhhh they changed the url of the file :->

nevertheless it is always here: http://www.screamscape.com/html/dlp_-_t ... ster_1.htm
Matts

Miss Tinkerbell

That's a rollercoaster in the dark again...

*shivers at the idea*

Anthony

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"That's a rollercoaster in the dark again...

*shivers at the idea*
At least with this one, unlike say RNRC, you'll be able to watch the turtles go past outside the attraction.  What I hate about the Backlot in WDS is how there's absolutely nothing for people to scared to go on the attractions to do, unless you can amuse yourself at the Les Parapluies photo set for an hour...

Another day, another Toon Studio update - they're painted the background of the #5 yellow!

Looks rather lovely actually. :ears:

The Butlin Boy

You beat me to it :P

QuoteLooks rather lovely actually.

I agree :)

Miss Tinkerbell

l'll give it a try if it doesn't make a loop.  Actually l'd love to ride it. :)

The Butlin Boy

The soft opennings fo the Finding Nemo epcot attraction were held today (see here: viewtopic.php?p=11629#11629 )

Some of the on-ride effects look very promising for Crush and so does the queue line, which may include a copy of the boat below:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f183/ ... ueboat.jpg

:D

netjack

I would love to see those Seagull-Animatronics infront of Crush's Coaster next year.