Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"I have been on this ride . It's very awesome and mad ! But when we were going on it , we had to wait 45 minutes

That is not bad compared to the usual 2 hour plus queue that it has :roll:  :wink:

Why can't you get fastpasses on Crushe's Coaster ? Will it be avaliable later on in the year ?

Fastpass was tested last summer on Crush and was a huge... failure :P  It just makes the queues worse (which was predicted beforehand).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "-breeno-"Fastpass was tested last summer on Crush and was a huge... failure :P It just makes the queues worse (which was predicted beforehand).

How could it be made worse. When i went last the queues were terrible. I only got on twice and i waited a long time!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

-breeno-

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"
Quote from: "-breeno-"Fastpass was tested last summer on Crush and was a huge... failure :P It just makes the queues worse (which was predicted beforehand).

How could it be made worse.

I'm not exactly sure but this has been mentioned countless times in this topic.  You're adding a new queue line in, so part of the old one will be shortened and you're loading two sets of people into 1 track of shells (that's why BTW, SM etc work, they have two set of loading tracks) ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Willow

The problem with Crush is that Disney should have realised that a Maurer-Schone Spinner is never going to give you the capacity required for a Disney park.
They are cheap rides designed for much smaller parks who don't need huge 1500+ pph capacities.

Yes, Crush is probably one of the highest capacity Spinners around but there are other alternatives that would give the same effect but with a higher capacity.

giorgio1712

What is the exact model of Crush's Coaster?

Is it an SC2000?

Kristof

Quote from: "giorgio1712"What is the exact model of Crush's Coaster?

Is it an SC2000?

Yes, it's on the first post of this topic.  :D

QuoteCrush's Coaster is a Maurer Söhne SC 2000 spinning roller coaster, with a large indoor coaster section preceded by a custom station, an outside curve/dip and some indoor dark-ride scenes.

youngatheart

Just wanted to ask a question about the restraints. I know that the restraint in use is a lap restraint system, but i just wanted to ask does the lap bar "click" into place when pulled down or is it held down and locked into place externally?

Willow

Quote from: "youngatheart"Just wanted to ask a question about the restraints. I know that the restraint in use is a lap restraint system, but i just wanted to ask does the lap bar "click" into place when pulled down or is it held down and locked into place externally?

The lap-bar clicks into place as you pull it down.
The bar needs to be pulled down at least 2 clicks or they won't dispatch the car.

esmeralda

I'm so glad and relieved to see the wall being repainted!!! It really shocked me!!
It makes me so angry to see people doing stuff like that!! They should invent some paint where you're unable to write on...
Julia

QTXAdsy

Last time I went, the queues were stuck at 80 minutes the whole time!

The only way I can see Disney shortning the queues is by making the trains have 6 seats instead of 4 but it could cause a weight problem and would only cut down a fraction of the lines. :lol:

Here Come The Belgians!

CafeFantasia

If Crush's Coaster is going to continue to have 80 minute queues, Disney really ought to improve the experience of waiting. They should enclose it all and make it more entertaining. Have you walk past animatronics and large video projections. Perhaps demolish the Aladdin ride and expand the queue building out into that area.

Tinkerbelle

last year we waited 80 minutes and when we were about to enter the building they said the ride had some sort of issue and that it would probably close for the day. but guests were invited to either stay in the queue to see if they could finally ride or just go to any of the other attractions.... we decided to stay and had to wait for 30 more minutes, and then the ride got restarted and we got inside the building and as you know, there was a more queueing for another half hour (approx) and then we could finally ride
this year i doubt we'll be going to crush, i'm not queing for more than 60 minutes for that ride... :evil:

smurfy74

Im taking my nephews on Crush this year as its their first trip to Disney and abroad ( they are from Portugal ), I just hope the queues in September arent as bad as usual, also in February the cast member had trouble getting the bar to close, so I decided a diet was in order which I started at thy end of May, so far ive lost 2 stone ( about 12 kilos ) and still loads to go, I just couldnt face the embarassment of queueing up with my nephews only to find i couldnt get on or the CM having to close it with her foot like she did last time. So Disney has forced me to loose weight and improve my health - bet they didnt envisage Crush doing that for their guests  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bigrossco

When I was there for 7 nights in October when it was the low-season it was great, no massive que's at all apart from when the weekend came that is!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "bigrossco"When I was there for 7 nights in October when it was the low-season it was great, no massive que's at all apart from when the weekend came that is!

Lucky there mate !
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro