Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

OK - I've got to be the slowest person here, but I still don't get this attraction.

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool and the theming is wonderful, but I still don't understand WHAT this attraction is.

My impression from looking at some of the original concept art that has been in various forums/sites is that it's purely another "Genie / Dumbo" style ride without leaving the ground - a roundabout?.

I'd love someone to tell me I'm missing some larger part to this?.

Thanks

Iain

davewasbaloo

A closer comparison would be the Tea Cups.  It spins you around on the ground. Not an e-ticket, but the theming is grand.  And as my son loves the tea cups and Cars, I think this will be a big hit for him (more than Crush Coaster or ToT)
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

It's the same idea as Francis' Lady Bug Boogie at DCA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnRoiJJZhuI

Tea cups, but when your car reaches the "join" between the two turntables it switches onto the opposite one to do a figure of eight.  I think it'll work better with four-seater spinning cars, like you're spinning out of control in the desert.

Cars Race Rally will have two pairs of turntables too, so it should seem a bit more "worthwhile".  And if not, the Radiator Springs area will be very cool to walk around.

Riebi

DLRP.FR reports that the cars sign is set on:

It´s a big sign for the tower and I can expect how it will shine over the toon studios. :D

:arrow: http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_studio_car ... _1137.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

benjicool

hello,

I am new on the forum, and I benefit from it to make you discover new Cars attraction in full test, video of the site "dlrpn.com"

http://dlrpn.com/videoscars.htm

enjoy ! :wink:

tubbsy

DS and DD's point of view...
COOL!!!!
 :D

Grumpy parents point of view-Oh No! A really long queue again!!  :x

Arent I miserable?

It looks really good. Fantastic video

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

penfold12

Two things after seeing that video:

1)Cars RACE RALLY! How ironic when you see the cars movinging he he

2)Did I read somewhere that it  was to have 2 sets of turntables, or just two turn tables?

tubbsy

It does look the same as Lady Bug boogie, doesnt it? Definately just two turn tables there

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

Looks pretty fun! :lol:

Anthony

Welcome to the forum benjicool!

Wow, this video is great.  I'm really impressed with how it looks in motion, quite a realistic reproduction of skidding through the desert sand actually. :) It's nice that after tea cups, "ladybugs", Dumbos and flying carpets connected to metal poles and everything inbetween, we finally have a Disney fairground-style ride that makes sense.

Quote from: "tubbsy"It does look the same as Lady Bug boogie, doesnt it? Definately just two turn tables there
There are four in total, each pair with 6 cars for a total of 12.

tubbsy

Ah, I get it now. I thought the cars would go round all four turn tables. D'OH!
 :roll:
Ignore me, I havent had my weetabix today!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

penfold12

I was hoping they would go round all four, to lengthen the ride. Still, with increased capacity, the que should be better

adamguy_6

Am I being sad when I say that this actually looks fun!

Some people say it goes slow, but If you watch closely, on one turn you may just 'skid' a little bit. However quite unexpectedly the car may be doing a full 360 as it turns round again!

Looks pretty funkay to me, and a GOOD addition for those small kids who otherwise only have Flying over Agrabah and Animagique to entertain them.
Once Upon A Time...

benjicool

Quote from: "Baloo"Welcome to the forum benjicool!

Wow, this video is great.  I'm really impressed with how it looks in motion, quite a realistic reproduction of skidding through the desert sand actually. :) It's nice that after tea cups, "ladybugs", Dumbos and flying carpets connected to metal poles and everything inbetween, we finally have a Disney fairground-style ride that makes sense.

Quote from: "tubbsy"It does look the same as Lady Bug boogie, doesnt it? Definately just two turn tables there
There are four in total, each pair with 6 cars for a total of 12.

Thank you Baloo, I'm french so, I must study more my English !
And, I'm agreeably surprised when I've seen my video on dlrptoday, great thank !
And so, if you want, you can visit our website : http://dlrpn.com (it's in french, and actually, dlrpn.com is under work, we prepare the version two), great thank to you all of the fans of Disney ! :D

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic...

a little fact to share...

did you know that the new car rally is the same theme as the tea cups in fantasyland and that is was built on the car parc of the castmembers back stage next to imagination building also toontown is just a back drop where you will meet @ greet charactors there is no more room to build toontown well done studio parc so much empty space hmmmm enjoy...
Living The Dream Making The Magic