Summertime

Started by penfold12, July 18, 2006, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Im wondering, after reading that the park hours have been extended later in the year, and the Autopia will remain open untill at least November, does this mean that attendance is still up and doing well???

Kristof

I don't think it has anything to do with the attendance.  It's probably Karl Holz's way of "refurbing" the magic for the guests and transform it back into a Disney Themepark.

Anthony

...Aswell as reflecting that DLRP's high season has now been spread more evenly through the year?  Christmas and Halloween are even more important than Summer now, and I guess they've realised that means they should start keeping more attractions open and leaving the park open longer during those times.  You should be able to get a real Disney experience (long hours, fireworks, all atractions) without having to visit during the Summer.

I also personally think Laser Blast has a lot to do with Autopia opening, since they're so close together.

Tron 2.0

And they must be able to afford the extra hours in addition to all the contruction and refurbishment. Fiscally, they must be having a pretty good year.

--Mark
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

penfold12

So, with summertime nearing an end, anyone have any idea how it went for the resort??

Maarten

Quote from: "penfold12"So, with summertime nearing an end, anyone have any idea how it went for the resort??

Well, I already asked it a few weeks ago, but now Raptor seems to be back from the Resort, he can maybe give us an answer. Raptor, was it busy in the parks (from you point of view) and/or what does Blue Bird has to say about this subject?

Kristof

Well it was visually a lot more crowded compared to last time, and a friend told me that the avarage was 35.000 visitors a day (thats 5000 more than at the end of July).

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Well it was visually a lot more crowded compared to last time, and a friend told me that the avarage was 35.000 visitors a day (thats 5000 more than at the end of July).

Thats great to hear, although 5000 may not make the park that extremely more crowded visually, does it? By the way, my last question... is 35.000 visitors a day a good number for the summer? And do you know if was it was a succesfull summerseason overall?

Kristof

35.000 really isn't that good, but it could have been worse.

Sam

The weather hasn't been that good the last two weeks, so I'm surprised there are more people this month then in July. Then again, August has always been the buzzier month (not sure why).