Summertime

Started by penfold12, July 18, 2006, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

I just womdered as the resort had such a fantastic spring, with great weather and huge crowds, is there any indication that this is set to continue into the summer season? Are the hotels booking out?

Mansion Staff

well i just went, wonderfull.
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Kristof

I heard it's not going very well.  :cry:

penfold12

in what way? whats not going well? numbers down on spring?

Kristof

Summer attendance

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Summer attendance

Ow no. Why aren't the guests coming? I don't get it. When you look at the other Disney parks, this part of the year must be very busy. Ofcourse we've got Halloween and the Christmas Season, but why does it take away that many guests from the Summer Season?  :roll:

Patrick

My guess is simple, people want to go abroad to Spain and America during the summer and will have had these holidays booked for months before they knew a heatwave was on the way.  Winter is much more cool and so people stay in France and visit then, saying that I also have followed the trend this year and am not visiting dlrp during summer since a) I have no money for it and B) I visited Germany well Europa Park on the border between Germany and France last week and noticed attendance was high, but not at its peak.  Over there they have started advertising dramatically for halloween and their new ride for next year already, so maybe lots of european theme parks are feeling the heat this summer?

Maarten

I just spoke to someone and he told me that it was quite busy the last three days. I guess that's normal for the weekend isn't it? Or can this be seen as a hint for better things to come?

Kristof

No, it wasn't busy at all.  Longest queue at Space Mountain was 35 minutes.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"No, it wasn't busy at all.  Longest queue at Space Mountain was 35 minutes.

I guess he has a different view on the word "busy" then.  :wink:

Kristof

Yeah, 30.000 visitors at DLP and 9000 at WDS can't be called busy during Summer Season, while last month the park capacity was reached on several occassions.  :?

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Yeah, 30.000 visitors at DLP and 9000 at WDS can't be called busy during Summer Season, while last month the park capacity was reached on several occassions.  :?

Thats not that great indeed. But what was the reason the parks did so well last month? Did it have something to do with discount/free tickets for people in the Marne-la-Vallee region or something? Can't they do it again or let it last longer?  :?

Kristof

Yes, they sold very cheap tickets last month, which boosted the overall attendance.

penfold12

what are the hotel booking levels like? I know this is integeral to the sucess of the resort. Are they up or down on targets?

Maarten

Raptor, can your blue bird tell something about the attendance level of last week? I keep hearing at several discussion boards that it's quite busy...  :?