Disney All Stars Express (2010)

Started by Anthony, February 26, 2010, 12:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Part of the Disney New Generation Festival from 2nd April 2010

It seems Minnie's Party Train will be losing its polka dots after all.

Concept art for the Disney All Stars Express: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/02/25/wal ... s-express/

Spot the unexpected character?

(Continued from ICHAPMAN and smurfy74's posts in the main New Generation Festival topic)

dlrpkris

Bit concerned here. It seems the bright colours of Alpha-Bet-You-Are meet our faithful train. Cool to see an overlay after all, but was again hoping for something more toned down. Can you imagine this with Halloween or Christmas decoration?

AMAZINGLY HAPPY about the mini Wall-E though. Very cool :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

HildeKitten

I'm exited to see it for real in June or July :)
I'm sure they'll make it work for Halloween and Christmas with some efford ^__^

Sadly the link isn't working for me though :(

speedpacket

Hi,

If the link doesn't work for you, please try again in a few hours; the domain recently got moved to a new server, and you might still be going to its old location which might show an error.

This will resolve itself auto-magic-ally though :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Aveen2008

Wall-e would be brilliant although would it be an anamatronic that just sat there whilst the other characters left the train? If he does actually end up on the train! :roll:  I wouldn't mind though at least it's new, unlike all the rest of the characters who we have seen around the parks for years (appart from Tiana and Naveen).
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

Wall-E would be the only reason to watch Disney's All Star Express.

HildeKitten

I'd watch it at least once anyway because it's new, but Wall-e is certainly an extra incentive :)
I just hope there won't be too many people sticking their blasted cameras out in front of me so I get random arms in the picture X_x

Kristof

Remember you saw it first on the magicforum...  :mrgreen:

HildeKitten

Wall-e looks awesome in his little coal car :)

smurfy74

thanks Kristof - now im excited about seeing this in June - any idea about this being an AA - will he stay on the train?? i guess so

Anthony

Will it even be an animatronic? I'm just imagining a static figure, like the Luigi/Guido/Mike Wazowski figures in the Studios...

Do you know for sure Kristof, dear Kristof? :)

never2old

Ooooh I would go back just to see this!!

An animatronic would be great, but I'm with Anthony on this, I think it will be a static figure. They would have advertised this a lot more otherwise

dagobert

Wall-e looks really great, but I also think that he will be just a plastic figure. Maybe he is waving with his arm.

Didn't WDI build a Wall-e audio-animatronic for DCA?  That would be a great addition to NGF.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"Didn't WDI build a Wall-e audio-animatronic for DCA?  That would be a great addition to NGF.
They built it more for promotional visits. It can't be used in the parks because of the size and weight apparently.

Last I saw DCA had a cardboard cut-out photo op, not even a 3D figure.

Tuvok

Thanks for posting these concepts, Kristof! WALL-E looks great. Giving the fact that he poses differently on those two angles, I think he will actually move, but limited.

@ Dagobert: Yes, they did built an actual size WALL-E audio-animatronic (the most advanced AA ever created by WDI). He visited Disneyland and here's a short video.

[youtube:1j1u9f4r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As7UQtKX00c[/youtube:1j1u9f4r]

Oh, soooo cute! I want to take him home with me! Our WALL-E will not be this advanced or big, but it's nice to see, isn't it?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)