Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecal

hopefully the stopover won't be too bad as i am doing the same myself on valentines day with 3 kids as a single parent as eurostar was way cheaper that way i plan on just getting them something to eat and drink to kill the time 

chris11256

Does anyone have any experience of traveling back from Disney on Christmas eve? I'm coming home on Christmas eve and I've only been able to find a few articles from 10 years ago saying direct trains don't run.

sewpollyesther

I'm interested in the same question as Chris...

It looks on the Eurostar website that you can book travel up to the middle of December now, but when you try to book it only seems to have outbound tickets available...

Also, I'm guessing Christmas even might be expensive, has anyone done it?

I don't mind booking them separately but I don't want to risk booking outbound if it's going to be difficult to get back Christmas Eve, eek...

We're still thinking we might end up driving.

naisworld

Hi. Can anyone tell me if they have baby changing facilities on Eurostar? Thanks

andrewuk

Pretty certain there must be, I can remember stripping my son down to his nappy as it was so hot on the journey  :o
The vestibules are really quiet though, you can easily change a baby in those areas.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

polar vixen

Couldn't find any in November,  I had to discreetly change him on my knee!

stecal

daddyof2

Wedmad

We travelled in October and I changed our 15 month old.  You just need to look at the cubical signs.  It is cramped in the toilet, but for a quick change, it's ok

naisworld

Thanks for the advice everyone. We are in coach 4 on the way there and 1 on the way home so hopefully should be near the baby changing. I really don't fancy having to change him on my lap and I don't think anyone in the same coach would either!! 😜

sewpollyesther

Just called the Eurostar Ticket number to find out when the tickets will be released for the (school) Christmas holidays.

Apparently they don't know. The tickets up to the 11th December were released on the 11th Jan, the last batch before that were released on the 22nd of December (so 3 weeks apart). The last batch before that were released on the 7th of August, so almost 6 months earlier.

She said it's totally random but they do let them know a few days before. If anyone's looking for the same dates...

She said there will be some tickets at the lowest price just depends on availability. There is no premium for travelling in the Christmas Holidays. So I will keep on checking.

I'll call again next week and see but I guess it might be a while. I called 03448224777.

If anyone finds out I'd love to know.

stecal

Hi traveling on saturday and collecting the tickets at st pancras which i have never done before,i can't remember do they give you luggage labels at the station or do i need to buy some beforehand?
Thanks

stifle

Quote from: stecal on February 09, 2015, 01:36:46 PM
Hi traveling on saturday and collecting the tickets at st pancras which i have never done before,i can't remember do they give you luggage labels at the station or do i need to buy some beforehand?
Thanks
There's a bunch of them near the ticket machines but you don't really need them.

izzysfirstdisney

Anyone else getting error messages today

Tried a variety of dates from Sep- Nov and getting

Unfortunately there is no availability on ( date entered for outbound journey ) for your inbound journey and you cannot book a later date

markysimmo

Live in Essex and travelled to and from Ebbsfleet would thoroughly recommend it as the place was so so quiet