15th Anniversary CD(s)

Started by Kristof, July 09, 2006, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The tracklisting link:
http://www.dlrp.thedisneyfamily.com/mai ... bumCD.html

Well "woohoo" it's a double album at DLRP! But honestly, I've never been less excited by a CD.  Just a complete rehash of what everyone probably already owns, with about 2 new tracks and an unhealthy obsession with that new Winnie the Pooh song...

I wish they'd put half these tracks to sleep and give us something interesting.  Maybe even - horror of horrors - some attraction music?!

Kris

Oh I can remember being less excited about a new release. Take the more recent issue of the Fantillusion disc, with the wrong duration time on it and all track we've heard before. Then there's the simple re-packaging of Dancin'.

All the fans of other resorts say we're spoilt and their parks should take note of what DLRP does, but really, we do just keep getting the same music over and over, I agree. For those who were not around for the 5th or 10th anniversary albums however, this is kinda special. There's also 12 new tracks that haven't been published before, plus the new anniversary theme that wasn't available until like a week ago or so. It's quite a line-up, although a more dedicated set of discs would have been even better. I'm very surprised SMM2 isn't there though  :roll:

As for the Winnie music, I guess they were just trying to fill time up on the discs, to cram as much on there as possible and, being a DLRP composition, it was cheap to add on. The CD durations are impressive though! Really couldn't have got much more on there  :D
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

tubbsy

Is it worth the 15:00 Euros I wonder?....... :?

I've resisted before and have followed the link to look at and listen to whats on the new cd. If I had bought c'ds from DLRP before, i think I would be disappointed, but I am tempted to get this one, just so that I have the music I want on one disk.....

BUT if you havent been a regular visitor to DLRP a lot of this music isnt going to mean a thing. They could have put on more songs from other attractions and I cant see the All Aboard music on there Baloo. No choo chooing at home for you! :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Riebi

Quote from: "Baloo"Well "woohoo" it's a double album at DLRP! But honestly, I've never been less excited by a CD.  Just a complete rehash of what everyone probably already owns, with about 2 new tracks and an unhealthy obsession with that new Winnie the Pooh song...

I wish they'd put half these tracks to sleep and give us something interesting.  Maybe even - horror of horrors - some attraction music?!

That´s realy more than less exciting. I hoped for the music from the Candleabration and some real area tracks.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ladyghost

Oh, thank you for the info!
I waited for the 5th anniversary music for ages!
It was the best anniversary ever.  :D
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

GeoffD

I'll buy it, simply because i've not bought any music from DLRP for a while now, so should be worth it

Kris

Just updated the link above that goes to the info about the CD actually. I've made a few changes to the tracklist too, but notice the song durations on the packaging don't match up with the tune itself.

This is because the frist CD has been mixed together just like the DLR 50th anniversary collection, with sounds from the parks, atmos, announcements etc. Really nice infact and it's quite different to what we've heard before.

I've put accurate samples of the page now, rather than diving into my own collection to demonstrate what tracks sound like. Mickey's Shuttle now incoprerates the Disneyland Park opening announcement, Feel the Magic is a French/English edit, The Toons Are Coming is a nicely shortend mix, Strangers Like Me is a mix of instrumental music from the Tarzan and Jane routine in the sky and Pays du Merveilleux is in French and English too. Nice variations there, and of course there's all the other never-before-released tracks too.

It's a pretty interesting collection for any guest, although the last tracks on CD 2 are pretty poor. Having the Wishes aftershow/park close theme would have been a nicer way to close it off for example (considering CD 1 has the opening announcement). Three "Just Give A Snap"s is too much for ANYONE to enjoy  :roll:

Anthony

Thanks. :)

I hate "Just Give A Snap" with a passion... :lol: And is that Kat de Blois doing an announcement over the weird Donald "Quack in Time" track?

I suppose it's a pretty good CD really if you like entertainment music, lots on there and surprising just how much original music we've had in 15 years (and they only used a tiny amount).  The only track I'd actually listen to would be the Tarzan Encounter though.  It's a bit too much "Vasile's greatest hits" for my liking, I wish our CDs weren't done by the entertainment people, obviously makes them a bit biased what music they include compared to the US CDs which are the opposite with 99% attraction music. And we have a-m-a-z-i-n-g attraction music.

Would it have been so devastating for them to replace one of those "Just Give a Snap"'s with a spot of Le Visionarium? :P

Kris

Yeah I described it as "Vasile's Greatest Hits" too, but who could blame him wanting one?

It's so strange not including the attraction soundtracks, but it "has" to be cheaper for the resort to publish their own studio-made work than recorded by various orchestras/performers which has been heavily copyrighted for years.

I have to say that it does represent great value though and it's a good listen. I'm not bored of it yet  :wink:

benjy

In another Forum it said that there would be 4 discs for the 15th anniversery and so I was wondering wheather anyone knows about what the other disc because we've had three already.

I hope it's an album for the music of the 15th birthday; charector express etc. :)
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

GeoffD

Picked up the CD, quite nice

2 CD's
CD1 - Promenade dans le Parc
CD2 - Les Chansons

Each lasting just under 77 minutes

Also a nice little booklet inside about why music is important to DLRP and a little biography about guess who..

WDI1992

oh god Balloo I think you're right, it's sound a hell of a lot like Kat de Blois...  
but why on earth would she be doing the announcement, lack of staff maybe so let's just ask artistic director  :lol:  I love her!
but still, the Whack in time track is so weird...  :shock:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

benjy

and why put on snowfall on mainstreet!!

Jorien

Quote from: "benjy"and why put on snowfall on mainstreet!!

Why not? Those are the tracks that are hard to find. I was really happy hearing that on the cd. I think it's great for a lots of fans!  :wink:

benjy

But it's just jingleing I personally think they could have used the space for something else but if you think differently thats ok!!