Captain Hook's Pirate Ship - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Anthony, January 27, 2010, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

I guess we should have expected as much. It's going to be worth the wait. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

That seems quick for a rebuild. In it's early days, could guests go on board?

Patrick89

Quote from: "peter"That seems quick for a rebuild. In it's early days, could guests go on board?

Yes, and I think it isn't too long ago. I'd say 5 years? But you could only go on the "ground floor", not even to the steering wheel if I remember right. But nevertheless, it was awesome...Let's hope, the new ship will be as great as this one in its better days and we will be able go on deck again  :thumbs:
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

peter

That seems incredibly cool

DopeyDad

From Disneygazette

mentions 23rd Oct as a finish date, is it me or does this look more like a refurb than replacement?

peter

But they've already said they are keeping the masts, so those are refurbing

Elwell2009

when i was there in august the old ship was all being fibreglassed and from what i thought it looks like they will fibreglass it all on the outter and refurb the structure in the boat

DopeyDad

Quote from: "peter"But they've already said they are keeping the masts, so those are refurbing

I'd missed that, I thought it was announced they were completely rebuilding.
Not that I mind, I love the Galley and look forward to seeing it complete, though it won't be on our next visit unfortunately.  
They seemed to delay the start so long though, they then seemed to take 2 months to get scaffolding up, they should talk to the Chris down the end of my road, he's have sorted in out over the weekend  :D  

At least I won't have to see the ship in the terrible state it was in, but it won't be until 2012 I see it complete now  :cry:

MrsPirate

Does anyone have an update, it must almost be finished by now [-o<

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

DopeyDad

saw it this week and looked very similar to photos above. There wasn't a whole lot of activity on it tbh. There were a few people and a bit of noise, the masts still stripped down as was what of the 'hull' I could see.

MrsPirate

Thank you for the update. All I can say is disappointing  :(

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

captain rocket

Here's a photo update from last week, its still difficult to tell what is happening and what progress has been made though!

And to finish the sign to warn off trespassers!

DopeyDad

the thing I notice most about any photos of the ship, you never actually see anyone actually working on it!!

peter

That's a good point, do they work at night?

DopeyDad

dunno, I saw a couple of guys moping about on it when we visited at the beginning of the month.
The other thing though is that I've seen no sign of any rebuild at all, it just looks like the structure has been taken back to the bare material for a repaint.
I guess the bottom half (which suffered the worst damage) will be completely replaced, but I think the main ships structure hasn't changed at all.