Euro Disneyland map in The Storybook Store

Started by luke85, January 05, 2010, 11:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Hi everyone! I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to find a picture of the original Euro Disneyland "expansion" map that is displayed in The Storybook Store? I've had a quick search through magicforum but can't seem to locate a pic!

I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the the right direction :)

Luke.

-breeno-

I'm afraid this is the best picture i can find of it.  It was taken by me so what do you expect? ;) :P

Damn reflection, always in the way when you don't want it :P

Full size image: http://i46.tinypic.com/kt20n.jpg
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

luke85

That's brilliant, thanks Breeno. Do you know if this is for sale anywhere? Maybe in the Storybook Store itself?

-breeno-

Quote from: "luke85"That's brilliant, thanks Breeno. Do you know if this is for sale anywhere? Maybe in the Storybook Store itself?
I'm not too sure i'm afraid.  Although I can't see them selling it in a big rush, it is a big part of DLP history after all.  I'd say you be best asking though, maybe they have multiple copys of the map (from what i know there's the same map in City Hall), but then again i've never see them actually selling it in stores..
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

dagobert

Is this map from the opening year, because it looks like Space Mountain is still Discovery Mountain. At least SM looks different to the existing building.

It would be great if this map is available in the store.

luke85

I'll have to investigate during my next visit, I would love a copy on my wall!

experiment627

Quote from: "-breeno-"I'd say you be best asking though, maybe they have multiple copys of the map (from what i know there's the same map in City Hall), but then again i've never see them actually selling it in stores..

The map at City Hall is one of how Disneyland Park looked on opening day, so they are not the same.

To my knowledge, the map with the "future additions" hasn't been on sale for years now. Best option to get hold of one copy would be eBay, I guess.

SM:M3

I'm pretty sure I found that on Flickr before.
I'll look again and if I find it I'll post a link

EDIT: What I've found so far //http://www.flickr.com/photos/theverynk/3352912837/
Hope thats it :?:

Anthony

Managed to find one on eBay just a couple of months ago after years of wanting one, so keep looking! I'll get round to somehow scanning/photographing properly at some point.

Kristof told me a friend of his has one with the Disneyland Paris logo, so it's funny they were changed and continued to be sold with all the additions which were surely cancelled/modified by then.

For anyone not already knowing it well, it shows Discovery Mountain connecting into Videopolis with overhead tunnels, a huge temple in Adventureland with both jeep ride and mine cart coaster (with plenty of animals), Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid attractions in Fantasyland and a "Future Restaurant" at the entrance of Discoveryland.

The Helmsman

I own one from then... :-" .
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

CafeFantasia

I own one of those maps too. Bought it ages ago in, you guessed it, The Storybook Store.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Anthony"Managed to find one on eBay just a couple of months ago after years of wanting one, so keep looking! I'll get round to somehow scanning/photographing properly at some point.

Kristof told me a friend of his has one with the Disneyland Paris logo, so it's funny they were changed and continued to be sold with all the additions which were surely cancelled/modified by then.

For anyone not already knowing it well, it shows Discovery Mountain connecting into Videopolis with overhead tunnels, a huge temple in Adventureland with both jeep ride and mine cart coaster (with plenty of animals), Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid attractions in Fantasyland and a "Future Restaurant" at the entrance of Discoveryland.

Disney legend Sam McKim was called from retirement to draw this map for Disneyland Paris! He was the one who drew the initial park maps for the Disneyland in California and the famous fun map for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

The design did indeed change from 1992 to 1994. In the boutiques at the entrance of the park the 1994 version is hanging at the wall, you can see the logo and Mickey changed from the 1992 version, also they replaced two of the characters at the bottom border with Aladdin and Simba and the Indiana Jones Adventure is no longer marked as "Attraction Future" but now as "Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril". Also some Star Wars / Indiana Jones copyright notes have been added.

I have a 1992 version in mint condition and nicely framed hanging at the wall  :D

Anthony

Look what I just found in an old issue of En Coulisse...

Hurrah for Tony Baxter!!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Hurrah indeed! And what a great find, Anthony!! Could you please provide a higher resolution version of this scan? I would love to print this out. Also what is the issue of En Coulisse you found this in? I will keep my eyes open on eBay to find this one ...

By the way, the map pictured in this article is the 1992 version with Tigger and Pooh at the bottom.

dagobert

It's really sad that this map isn't on sale anymore. I've seen such a map with all the characters around it of Disneyland in Anaheim. It would be cool if Disney would sell this map in a poster format again.