DLR | Disney's World of Color

Started by Anthony, December 21, 2009, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

Yep! The official opening date has been announced - June 11th, 2010.

[youtube:22x8qusd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPHVe2qiVI[/youtube:22x8qusd]

Soft openings and previews should begin by Mid-May.

In the meantime, testing continues at Paradise Bay.. a few pictures by Ring OF Fire Hot Sauce 1 //http://www.flickr.com/photos/ringoffirehotsauce/page3/

Fire jets

JelleP

It looks SO awesome!
In the first place I had still my doubts about the show, but it looks fantastic :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Looks good enough. A cool thing would be if they could change the show for christmas and halloween.
I still look forward to the DisneySEA version of Fantasmic more than this though

alka1

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Looks good enough. A cool thing would be if they could change the show for christmas and halloween.
I still look forward to the DisneySEA version of Fantasmic than this though

The show's director confirmed that they will do Christmas and Halloween versions of the show.

Also, TDS was supposed to receive a clone of the World of Color show, but they changed their minds after learning it would be too complex for the park.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "alka1"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Looks good enough. A cool thing would be if they could change the show for christmas and halloween.
I still look forward to the DisneySEA version of Fantasmic than this though

The show's director confirmed that they will do Christmas and Halloween versions of the show.

Also, TDS was supposed to receive a clone of the World of Color show, but they changed their minds after learning it would be too complex for the park.

The main areas of TDS would have had to be shut down for a long period of time for OLC to install new fountains. It would not be a smart thing to close half a park that gets as many visitors as TDS. With DCA Disney had no real alternative than to make something major and different in that big empty space that the lagoon was. DCA needs World Of Color, TDS does not.

alka1

Brand new video from Disney - The Stage is Set For World of Color

QuoteThe lagoon is full, the walls are down and the lights are on as Walt Disney Imagineers put their final touches of pixie dust on "World of Color" at Disney's California Adventure park. We take you inside the control booth for an exclusive look at the process of this one-of-a-kind spectacular that combines music, fire, water and your favorite Disney and Disney-Pixar animation to create this magical show. The lagoon officially lights up with "World of Color" for guests on June 11.

[youtube:22xuq9f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG33goaBh-o[/youtube:22xuq9f0]

dlrpkris

This is the true meaning of Disney. Simply cannot WAIT to see it!
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

alka1

Disney has launched a new World of Color website! The site isn't fully ready yet, the website says they'll be adding more info soon.

//http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=WorldOfColor

QuoteYou've never experienced anything like World of Color, where Disney magic weaves water, color, fire and light into a kaleidoscope of fantasy and imagination. Premiering June 11, 2010, this magnificent new nighttime water spectacular in Disney's California Adventure® Park will flood your senses with a dazzling new dimension of storytelling.

Imagine more than a thousand brilliantly colored jets of water soaring over 200 feet in the air, rhythmically moving in time to the music. Water sprays form incredible shapes that become the supporting performers — and are liable to steal the show!

Music fills the night and moves you with timeless melodies that capture moments of drama, humor, sentiment and magic. As the story unfolds, towering mist screens rise before you, suspending beloved Disney Characters on the shimmering surface, moving closer until you feel immersed in the wonderful World of Color.

A Spectacular Show and So Much More
Debuting June 11, 2010, World of Color excitement will fill Disney's California Adventure® Park and beyond. Come back soon for more information.

QuoteDining Enhances Your Magical Evening
World of Color takes the idea of dinner and a show to a whole new level. Whether you reserve one of the special dining experiences or want to get a quick snack before the show, World of Color will be the centerpiece of a great night out.

alka1

The Blue Sky Cellar now features a live countdown to the premiere of World of Color:

[youtube:3v2kh9nu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbJ8UTg429s[/youtube:3v2kh9nu]

alka1

[youtube:1jzimlkq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpeElM-l5U[/youtube:1jzimlkq]

QuoteInsideTheMagic — May 13, 2010 — A big media event is set for June 10, 2010 at Disney's California Adventure for the new "World of Color" nighttime show. This is the video invitation sent to working media to attend the show's premiere.

alka1

Disney Parks Blog update:

QuoteFor the first time, we can show you what one of the world's largest projected water screens looks like when, together with other incredible effects, they create a larger-than-life Disney spectacle.

These memorable moments from "WALL-E" and "The Lion King" seem even cooler when they're recreated in "World of Color," don't they? Keep in mind...what you're seeing is a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high for a projection surface of 19,000 square feet.

-//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/first-look-new-world-of-color-images/

WALL-E at World of Color

Lion King at World of Color

alka1

A new video -
[youtube:31fg0q8b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEceRCSnG2I[/youtube:31fg0q8b]

QuoteDisneyParksMay 24, 2010 — The nearly 1,200 fountains in the World of Color are a spectacular combination of water, fire, color, music and dancing. Walt Disney Imagineers wanted the "stars" of the show to move like humans, so they turned to professional choreographer and dancer Joshua Horner to give the fountains life, character and emotion. In this podcast, watch as Imagineers are inspired by Horner as he dances his way through the World of Color. It's another exclusive peek behind the scenes.

CafeFantasia

The World of Color looks great, but anyone else feel these new Internet preview videos are getting a bit much? I mean, it seems like there have been 50 videos about this show, before it's even opened. I know it's going to open soon, but it's been "coming soon", "we can't wait to show our guests", "about to open" etc for what seems like an eternity.

The same goes for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Enough with the previews and teasers. We get the idea. Now just open it! :-)

montaguewarner

Quote from: "Alan"The World of Color looks great, but anyone else feel these new Internet preview videos are getting a bit much? I mean, it seems like there have been 50 videos about this show, before it's even opened. I know it's going to open soon, but it's been "coming soon", "we can't wait to show our guests", "about to open" etc for what seems like an eternity.

The same goes for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Enough with the previews and teasers. We get the idea. Now just open it! :-)

After all the building up of DCA in 2001 which turned out to be a flop, now they know if they build this up and they know its going to be a hit then it pays off! More previews and hype the better IMO
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

dlrpkris

The music is AMAZING. Big fan of that, but I'm not buying the idea that dancers are helping to program the display. That's stupid! They said all along that they're recording the music at the last possible moment so they have maximum flexibility to change it... and then they get a choreographer in to give them new ideas. Just seems strange to me, but it looks good. Fountains look good too :P
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!