Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"Any more news on this then?
There is, but we decided not to talk about it.

skalos

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Martyn"Any more news on this then?
There is, but we decided not to talk about it.

LOL!!!!

Kristof

What Anthony means is, if there's news, it will be posted right away here. :-)

Anthony

And in the meantime, feel free to discuss or speculate on what we already know...

Will New York Style Sandwiches become an extension of the Sports Bar, something different, or just stay the same?

eddieh

Quote from: "Anthony"And in the meantime, feel free to discuss or speculate on what we already know...

Will New York Style Sandwiches become an extension of the Sports Bar, something different, or just stay the same?

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide too extend the Sports Bar into the space of New York Style Sandwiches if Earl does arrive.

dagobert

Extending the Sportsbar would be great, because it is always very difficult to get a table there. It's a nice place to get some drinks.

charlied

Anyone know how long construction for something like this would take? If they're going for a late 2010 opening date when would they have to start building it?

eddieh

I think it gone past the time for them to open for a late 2010 opening as I guess there is loads of stuff that needed to be done before it gets built that haven't yet been done.

Kristof

I believe it's supposed to open April 2011. :-)

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"I believe it's supposed to open April 2011. :-)

So construction will start in summer? I thought that construction would start earlier and that EoS would open in fall or winter.

Martyn

Just got back from a week at DLP last night ( :( )

Anyway, during the night on wednesday, constructions walls were erected around where the Carousel used to be (I say during the night because they weren't there when we left the Village at about 11pm, yet they were there when we went to the parks Thursday morning).

You can see behind the walls from the bridge, there's a couple of diggers and lots of large sacks of gravel, which could well be used for filling in the lake?

Just thought I'd share that with you...

charlied

Quote from: "Martyn"Just got back from a week at DLP last night ( :( )

Anyway, during the night on wednesday, constructions walls were erected around where the Carousel used to be (I say during the night because they weren't there when we left the Village at about 11pm, yet they were there when we went to the parks Thursday morning).

You can see behind the walls from the bridge, there's a couple of diggers and lots of large sacks of gravel, which could well be used for filling in the lake?

Just thought I'd share that with you...

That's brilliant news! I mean if construction really is starting now then it could be finished by the end of the year after all. Something good's coming out of 2010 after all!

Remco K.

As posted on Disneycentralplaza.com:

CafeFantasia

This construction project is more exciting than Toy Story Playland :-) At least it will look good when it's finished.

dagobert

So it will not be ready next week when we are there :lol: .