DON´T READ THIS TRIP REPORT....

Started by MagicStar, October 18, 2009, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

I noticed some of the issues you mention too - especially the lack of exterior refurbishment and especially Captain Hooks Ship is a disgreaceful example of this - that was the saddest sight of our trip.

As I have said in my report IASM was in a very sad state too, but I do not quite agree with you on the part that almost every attraction lacked something - in my opinion attractions like Pirates, Fantasyland Dark Rides, BTM and PM were in very good conditions, although PM started to fail on Tuesday.

I completely agree that serious money should be invested in refurbishing some of the old magic like the many beautiful buildings and props outside the attractions that are slowly falling apart and perhaps cut down on show performers when the shows aren't better than they are...

Overall my trip was still magical though and Disneyland is still very much magical to me, but I will agree with you on some parts and if they aren't adressed sooner rather than later I will seriously start to worry about the future magic of this place :(
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

MagicStar

Quote from: "dagobert"Maybe you should send the pictures to DLRP management and hopefully they will reply.
Yes, I had the same idea... unfortunatley I don´t know any email-adress. I don´t think that the normal guest communication adress will make much sense... maybe anybody has an idea?

Quote from: "dagobert"Nevertheless I'm visiting only once a year and for me DLRP is still a magical place. In 2008 we visited WDW and the parks over there aren't in a better shape than DLRP's parks.

Hmmm - we visited WDW two years ago... and everything was in fantastic shape  :?

Quote from: "forza_united"As I have said in my report IASM was in a very sad state too, but I do not quite agree with you on the part that almost every attraction lacked something - in my opinion attractions like Pirates, Fantasyland Dark Rides, BTM and PM were in very good conditions.

I can´t remember everything, but here are some things I noticed at these attractions:

Pirates:
The little calamary on the treasure just behind Blue Lagoon was broken
The big chains right at the first big hill didn´t move
The imprisoned Pirates who try to get the key from the dog had no sound
One of the shadow plays inside the town didn´t work
The pirate that plays the whistle could move the whistle to his mouth anymore

BTM
The opossum(?) on the tree didn´t move
No waterfall at the end of the first big hill
No fire inside the steam-machine beside the donkeys

PM
The raven beside Mme Leota is still missing
The werewolf in front of ghost town was missing
The effect mirror at the ballroom scene is STILL too short. It cuts the heads from the dancing ghost.
The skeleton, that plays xylophone on the skulls can´t hardly move it´s arms (just a bit)

Quote from: "forza_united"Overall my trip was still magical though and Disneyland is still very much magical to me
Yes. i love this place! Thats why I´m so worried at the moment!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

I know it's very sad to admit it, but you are absolutely right to say all of those things are in bad state. Some of those things arejust aweful, and do need drastic attention asap :?

Although  I do agree with Ant when he says that there is still a lot of magic at the resort, and I do hope that you did have a good trip at the end of it all, even with these things you've pointed out :)

ed-uk

Maybe I just don't get it, but what is the point of this trip report ? Is it to put us off Disneyland Paris? If you read other trip reports, you can view many beautiful pictures of Disneyland Paris, and everything looks great. The parks are open everyday of the year in all weather. Obviously things are going to breakdown and need fixing. Paint work will get scratched, and when they've painted it how long do you think it will last before it needs painting again? With 15 million visitors a year. I agree that the resort should be kept in as good a state as possible. But if Disney close an attraction to fix it people complain about that. They don't like to find their favourite rides closed when they get there. When  I went in the summer I saw many things that had been fixed inside the castle. The tree house looked great and the Labrynth. It wasn't that long ago that Captain Hooks ship was painted.
Ed & David

never2old

This was the state of Captain Hook's ship in 2005:

No more comments...

ed-uk

Apparently it doesn't look like that now. Well maybe it does from a distance.
Ed & David

RnRCj

Quote from: "ed-uk"Maybe I just don't get it, but what is the point of this trip report ?
To highlight some of the problems with DLP, and there's no denying that there are many of them. I don't see any rule that states a trip report has to be all happy-clappy "everything was great Disney can do no wrong".

The ship looks much better in never2old's photo. Not quite perfect, the red paint looks a little faded, but much better than the disgusting state it's in now.

ed-uk

There is no rule that a trip report has to be happy- clappy, this is true. As I said the resort should be kept in as good a state as possible. I just found the trip report rather negative. And there is no rule against saying so is there? After all it is headed "Don't read this trip report" Which does beg the question why did I bother? And we were asked to give our opinions on it. Disney may not get it right first time, but they always get it right in the end. Ok the ship does look much better in never2olds photo. But who got it looking like that? It was Disney wasn't it.
Ed & David

Javey74

Bear in mind that those photos from MagicStar may seem drastic, but looking at them another way, they are still in the minority, even though there's probably  a few more areas that need repairing..  :roll:  

But putting them into context of the amount of Buildings, Attractions, Spectacles, Grounds and Walkways around the whole Resort, it can't all be done at once.  It's a major task, I wouldn't like the job of correcting everything quickly on that scale..  :shock:  :o

To me, on a way smaller scale, it's rather like going round your whole house putting tippex on all the marks on your skirting boards, then go around again looking for defects on the walls, then again for marks on objects within all your rooms..  :) Very time consuming, so imagine the enormity of the tasks at DLRP..  :|

At the same time, thanks for sharing those shocking photos MagicStar, now I'm really looking forward to the rest of your Trip Report..  :wink:  :D

ed-uk

But it strikes me that some people want everything to be perfect all the time, and be faultless. I think they're doomed to disappointment. What with theme parks and hotels to maintain and keep up to scratch. The challanges are huge really. And very expensive.
Ed & David

RnRCj

Quote from: "ed-uk"But it strikes me that some people want everything to be perfect all the time, and be faultless. I think they're doomed to disappointment. What with theme parks and hotels to maintain and keep up to scratch. The challanges are huge really. And very expensive.
Thing is, it's not just one or two small problems - there's many. Loads of areas around the resort noticably need work, and it's just not acceptable. For the first few years of DLP's operation the upkeep was much better than it is now.

MagicStar

Quote from: "RnRCj"I don't see any rule that states a trip report has to be all happy-clappy "everything was great Disney can do no wrong".

Thank you RnRCj :D  Thats what I thought, too!
I never would think of putting Disneyland Paris off to someone. As I wrote earlier, I love DLP and thats the point, why I´am worried about the actual situation!

Quote from: "ed-uk"It strikes me that some people want everything to be perfect all the time, and be faultless. I think they're doomed to disappointment. What with theme parks and hotels to maintain and keep up to scratch. The challanges are huge really. And very expensive.

Hmmmm - I´ll give you an example. Maybe not the best. But its the first, that came to my mind. If you have a child, you have to care for it. Yes, you can tell your child all the nice and good things it has done. Nevertheless, you have to show him what goes wrong, too. If you don´t, it will come on the wrong way some day.
Why not say: Hey, here something is failing. If I would want everything perfect at all time, then I wouldn´t have gone to DLP so many times!
I´m a fan and I´m visiting the Parks since 1994. And with over 40 visits now, I have seen many things and many periods of the Resort.
But there is a reason, why I wrote this Tripreport. I have NEVER seen the parks in such a bad state - In all areas.
And thats distressing. Did you ever thought about that I care for this park?  I have spend some of my greatest moments of my life there.
But if something is beginning to going wrong. Why not criticize it?
You are right. They rehab things. But in it´s history, DLP has (in my experience) never had such grade of bad quality in some areas.
It is STILL a magical place. But they have to move their ***. Otherwise, they will get a huge problem in the future.
Its not enough to say: Hey the built it. So everything is ok. Mybe its the time to wake up and do something.

Riebi

That doesn´t sound that good at all! I can understand why you are dissapointed.

Don´t forget: We pay a lot of money for a perfekt time and not just a ok time. That I can have at every other park in europe. (esp. if you life in germany and get NOT ONE discount!!!) They will loose guest if they don´t move their ... and make the park again shine at every land. I think the main problem is that they´ve waited tooooo long between 2003 and 2006 and now they have to do more then they could handle.

Hope they fix now the things and hope you sended this images to DLP...
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

Hey Riebi - Welcome back  :D/

Quote from: "Riebi"I think the main problem is that they´ve waited tooooo long between 2003 and 2006 and now they have to do more then they could handle.
Hope they fix now the things and hope you sended this images to DLP...

Yepp - I sended it to DLP... and got a phone call. They apologized and said that they do their best and that they sended my mail to DLP´s Vize-President.

RnRCj

Quote from: "MagicStar"Yepp - I sended it to DLP... and got a phone call. They apologized and said that they do their best and that they sended my mail to DLP´s Vize-President.
Great! Let's hope it'll make at least some difference. The more people that report these problems, the more likely they will actually do something about it.