[DLR/WDW] Toy Story Midway Mania

Started by experiment627, May 31, 2006, 07:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"how about Mr AND Mrs Potato Head together, with one in English and one in French? :lol: )
WAY to expensive! :shock: :lol:

Mr Potatoehead features a lot of prerecorded lines. Perhaps they can have the French voice actor for Mr Potatoehead to record a bunch of lines in French as well, and then just use them randomly.

The Butlin Boy

Here are some new videos and pictures for you all to enjoy:

Very good video below, really recommend it! :mrgreen:
[youtube:31dcs69v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtCza2-zvOc[/youtube:31dcs69v]

Laughing Place also has some very good photos and a cool Mr Potato Head video to look at:
 :arrow: http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-664.asp

I don't know about you guys, but I'd really love to see this ride in the studios, I don't think that DCA's version's theme would work in our studios, but I think that this one would. At first I wasn't sure about the look of the queue, but now after seeing more pictures, I think it'd be great. I love how they've used famous toys and brands in the queue, along with crayon pictures seen in the films, and other details (like the over sized plug sockets, the shop label sign outside, and the signs in the queue that look like bits of paper stapled down. The queue does do an amazing job of making you feel like a toy, which is what it is meant to do. Besides, I've only seen positive reviews of the queue, so it must be good :wink:

The ride itself looks so good, the 3D/4D aspects are meant to be very realistic, and this new video really does make it look as good as I've heard it is. It just looks so fun :D

I'd really love to see this in our studios park (in a Toon Studio expansion with a Toy Story Toy Shop, and a moved and improved Pizza Planet from DLP, yes I've thought it all out :wink: ), but the only problem is how to get Mr Potato Head here with the language barrier issue :-k

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"but the only problem is how to get Mr Potato Head here with the language barrier issue :-k
It's not really much of an issue, just the same as Buzz at Laser Blast. Alternate his lines in French then English.

I'm still not sure if this is something I'd really want to see at WDS. I mean sure if it was rumoured I'd be thrilled, but from the point we're at now, I'd prefer them to consider other options for the park's first dark ride. Something a little less flat and a little more immersive.

Agreed it would fit stupidly well at the back of Toon Studio though, even better than at DHS and maybe even DCA, if they went with a kind of Toy Story TV gameshow story. The queue reminds me of Fun House on CITV (with Pat Sharpe!!). I just keep looking for the fireman's pole and the ball bit, or the go-kart track...

Remco K.

This is a billboard for Toy Story Midway Mania (DCA). Weird enough it's called Toy Story Mania on this billboards.

Source: MiceChat

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Remco K."This is a billboard for Toy Story Midway Mania (DCA). Weird enough it's called Toy Story Mania on this billboards.

What I've read on Wiki... Although this is the first ride with joint Imagineering teams in development for two parks, the naming of both is said to be slightly different I don't have a clue why, but It could describe the reasoning why it appears on the billboards as Toy Story Mania

Remco K.

Quote from: "Captain Pan"the naming of both is said to be slightly different I don't have a clue why, but It could describe the reasoning why it appears on the billboards as Toy Story Mania
As far as I know, both versions of the ride are called Toy Story Midway Mania. But there's probably a very logic reason behind it. And although I study marketing and communications, I haven't found that reason yet! ;)

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."As far as I know, both versions of the ride are called Toy Story Midway Mania. But there's probably a very logic reason behind it. And although I study marketing and communications, I haven't found that reason yet! ;)
I guess they just think the general public can only remember as many as three words?

Love the billboard, really eye-catching, I wish DLRP would keep things simple and modern like that.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Remco K."This is a billboard for Toy Story Midway Mania (DCA). Weird enough it's called Toy Story Mania on this billboards.

Both attractions are called Toy Story Midway Mania, but adverts for both have called them Toy Story Mania. Don't ask me why though... :roll:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Baloo"Love the billboard, really eye-catching, I wish DLRP would keep things simple and modern like that.
Indeed. But DLRP has done a pretty good job with the Tower of Terror billboards. They weren't that simple and modern, but so isn't the Tower of Terror. :P

The Butlin Boy

Photos from DCA's version of Toy Story Midway Mania can be found at the two links below:

:arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.p ... 98011.html
 :arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.p ... 98053.html

One of my favorite pics of the ride, so simple but so effective (it's found after you exit the ride):

:mrgreen:

Anthony

Wow. Thanks for the link.

Considering they were built and developed at the same time, the difference between the MGM and DCA versions is massive. In my opinion, MGM is saddled with a rather tacky style and completely uninteresting exterior, whilst DCA has this brilliant, beautiful, multi-layered attraction that has completely transformed one corner of the park. It's like the difference between some of DLP's attractions and the older ones at Magic Kingdom, but built at the same time.

The toy box at the end is such a fantastic detail. I hope this is a massive hit for DCA.

AmericanMouse

Technically, as of January 8th, 2008, the Florida movie-themed park is now known as Disney's Hollywood Studios, and is initalled as "DHS" instead of "Disney/MGM Studios".

Just to alert you that in case you didn't know about it.  [Monty Python British Army General impression]Carry on, though.[/Monty Python British Army General impression]

Anthony

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Technically, as of January 8th, 2008, the Florida movie-themed park is now known as Disney's Hollywood Studios, and is initalled as "DHS" instead of "Disney/MGM Studios".
If I ever use MGM, it's a combination of the fact that DHS sounds too much like BHS, a not-so-great department store here in the UK, and a way of annoying the many American fans who still believe Disneyland Resort Paris is called Euro Disney, Euro Disneyland, Disneyland Paris Resort, etc, but have caught onto this name change so quickly.

I will change the topic title though. :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Technically, as of January 8th, 2008, the Florida movie-themed park is now known as Disney's Hollywood Studios, and is initalled as "DHS" instead of "Disney/MGM Studios".
If I ever use MGM, it's a combination of the fact that DHS sounds too much like BHS, a not-so-great department store here in the UK, and a way of annoying the many American fans who still believe Disneyland Resort Paris is called Euro Disney, Euro Disneyland, Disneyland Paris Resort, etc, but have caught onto this name change so quickly.

Haha, exactly. And don't forget the stupid Disney Studios Paris name. For some reason only a few Americans seem to get the names of the Parisian parks right haha. But well, personally, I try to call it Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS) nowadays, but for some reason the park will remain Disney-MGM Studios (MGM) for me. I'm used to it and it still think Disney's Hollywood Studios is a lame name.  :wink:

Sorry for getting off-topic. From a theming point of view I think DCA's Toy Story Midway Mania version wins. Its clear that the attraction suits Paradise Pier better. In the end, I think Pixar Place is a great addition to DHS since Mickey Avenue was quite boring to look at. The Pixar Studios facades fit the park very well I think, the midway theme seems a bit out of place though compared to DCA.

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Maarten"Sorry for getting off-topic. From a theming point of view I think DCA's Toy Story Midway Mania version wins. Its clear that the attraction suits Paradise Pier better. In the end, I think Pixar Place is a great addition to DHS since Mickey Avenue was quite boring to look at. The Pixar Studios facades fit the park very well I think, the midway theme seems a bit out of place though compared to DCA.
Completly agreeing with you their Maarten, The toy story mania DCA version blends really well into Paradise Pier and looks like it allways has been there. DHS is more for Mois and Cinema rather than 'classic boardwalk games' as it says on the video on the disney destinations site.
I really hope to experiance htis ride for myself in the not to distant future :)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012