[DLR/WDW] Toy Story Midway Mania

Started by experiment627, May 31, 2006, 07:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Wow! Wow! The Paradise Pier version looks truly brilliant. And I'm sure DCA fans are going wild that it is called Midway Mania, right? Looking like one of the most high tech attractions ever done by WDI too, is that four LCD screens per vehicle I see?!

Quote from: "Maarten"Not to sound grumpy, but I think that Toy Story Midway Mania should have stayed a Disney's California Adventure original. Especially since it seems to be designed for the park and secondly since DCA doesn't have much original attractions of its own. Tokyo's future Monsters Inc. Hide & Go Seek (Midway Mania with a Monsters Inc. theme) would have been a nice alternative for DHS if you ask me.
Or since TSM is going into the old Millionaire area, perhaps some kind of TV game show theme would have been more natural?

Riebi

Cheerioooo! Let´s hear mr. potatos song!

[youtube:6nvqyp9h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQTKMyqw7s[/youtube:6nvqyp9h]

:mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

That is truly incredible, I had visions of how he would move in my head, but it works so much better, it's just pulled off incredibly well. You watch it for a second, and then you completely forget that he is an AA, it's just so life like. I really want one in Paris, the gem of "Midway Maniaaaaaaa!". :)

Edit:
This video really should be posted as well:

[youtube:2ju8amiz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhpv_CerF-c[/youtube:2ju8amiz]

Edit (again :roll: )
If you're like me and still craving for more Potato ( :roll: ) you may like to see this video:

[youtube:2ju8amiz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO119YsCZDQ[/youtube:2ju8amiz]

RnRCj

Easily the most realistic audio-animatronic I have ever seen! I find it amazing what the Imagineers can acheive these days. :shock:

Riebi

Wow the last video is really cool cause it´s so long and show some people around!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

penfold12

Just fantastic!! The most amazing thing is how smoothly he removes his ear!!! Just great

Owain

Thats is truely AMAZING !  =D>

Maarten

Wow, amazing! Quite impressive! I'm glad Disney keeps pushing the envelope with this kind of inventions. Keep up the good work!  =D>

dagobert

Wow, this attraction looks really great. Do you think that we will see this attraction in Paris someday too?

The Butlin Boy

Here are some 'behind the wall' photos of inside and outside Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Source:Orlando United

Anthony

Can you say "short straw"?

Although I much prefer this look to the plasticy Buzz Lightyear rides. The scale actually looks very realistic and appears to fit quite well within a "you're visiting the real Pixar Studios" story. And hey - it's even "Midway" Mania in Florida!

Are there any real opening or soft opening dates known yet?

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Riebi"Cheerioooo! Let´s hear mr. potatos song!
 :mrgreen:
holy cooooooooow that's amazing! just look at him move! I wanna see it so bad! :( (I just moved back to NY from  Orlando less than 2 months ago lol)

EDIT: omg!!! That is sooo cool I just watched the second video where he's talking right to the crowd.  

EDIT II:
[youtube:vvm7jr6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhpv_CerF-c&feature=related[/youtube:vvm7jr6k]
Has anyone seen THIS yet? woah

Remco K.

SPOILER ALERT!

DisneyHD uploaded an onride to YouTube of the DHS version of Toy Story Midway Mania.

Don't let the video disappoint you... You aren't wearing any 3D glasses! :P

[spoiler:2yf1ef49][youtube:2yf1ef49]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZCrf6m9OU[/youtube:2yf1ef49][/spoiler:2yf1ef49]
I think this ride can be a lot of fun!

Anthony

:lol: ...The "bonus" at the end. Thanks for the video Remco.

Well, it looks like a very new and weird concept. Something completely different. Very different even to Buzz. It's strange how you ride past all the video walls along one side like that, I thought it'd more like one, closed-off passageway through the ride. It's more like riding through a giant hall.

Probably one attraction that you really need to ride to properly judge.

Though I have to admit I don't like the look of the DHS queue there, to be quite brutal, it looks like the crèche at a supermarket. The Pixar Studios exterior has turned out brilliant though, they got the style so perfect. Makes me wonder if DHS could be in for some new land names... Lucas Studios, etc, as if it were literally a collection of different Hollywood studios.

Overall this looks absolutely spot-on for DHS, the kind of thing it massively lacked. I'm not sure if I'd put it on a WDS wish-list though.

The Butlin Boy

Wow, that ride looks like such great fun. It's probably just like Buzz as well, in the fact that it has such a huge re-rideability factor to it, something you could ride again and again and it wouldn't get boring, which is something that the studios needs (only a few rides have this). I'd also love to see Mr.Potato Head in the studios as well, but I don't know how they'd get around the language barrier (actually, come to think of it, how about Mr AND Mrs Potato Head together, with one in English and one in French? :lol: )